Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » Loser's Gallery (Page 8)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 38 pages: 1  2  3  ...  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  ...  36  37  38   
Author Topic: Loser's Gallery
Reboot
Common sense is neither common, nor sense.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reboot   Author's Homepage   Email Reboot         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Loser Lad:
I found this Moy sketch awhile back and I just had to color it in honor of High Priestess Viviane's birthday, which is tomorrow (October 4th). Hope you like it Terry!

Click for fullsize image

Nice pic, but (you knew that was coming [Razz] ) what's up with Vi's costume? If that's her original (postboot) suit, the stripe should be light, including the whole above-the belt torso except the black V, and if it's her LeViathan suit, the dark leg stripe should end in a ^ touching the bottom of the V.

And if it was deliberate, sorry about this [Smile]

Oh, and why is Zoë blushing? [Razz]

Click for fullsize image
Click for fullsize image

[ October 21, 2004, 11:02 AM: Message edited by: Reboot ]

--------------------
My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War.

From: The Mainframe | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Loser Lad
Stressed

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Loser Lad   Email Loser Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
That'll teach me not to go on memory! [Big Grin]

It was intended to be the later version of the costume (which I like better) when I was coloring it, but since the upwards arrow above the belt wasn't apparent in the sketch I forgot about it and didn't add it in.

Although now that you bring it up it the earlier version with the light middle stripe would be more consistent with the shyness apparent in her stance and the costume that Zoe is wearing there, wouldn't it? Ah well, I still have to full Photoshop file for that pic saved, so I can always go back and retouch it to make it more accurate.

And I'm not sure if Zoe is blushing, or just flushed with excitement about whatever she's contemplating doing with (to?) young Violet. [Wink]

--------------------
The LMB Archives

From: The Loser Cave | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Loser Lad
Stressed

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Loser Lad   Email Loser Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Belinda Hill:
Lou, can I be cheeky and ask you to colour the picture Keith drew for me of Dak Sacchev in the Leg 35C bios and pictures thread?

I can give it a shot. Like I told Abin earlier I still have some projects hanging that I need to finish up, but I should be able to work one more in. [Smile]

I'm a little ashamed to admit that I haven't read too much of the stories
featuring this character, so I don't know anything about him. He looks alien to me.

Could you give me some idea of how you'd like him to be colored? What's his skin tone, what color are his clothes, etc. Just something to get me headed in the right direction.

--------------------
The LMB Archives

From: The Loser Cave | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reboot
Common sense is neither common, nor sense.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reboot   Author's Homepage   Email Reboot         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Although now that you bring it up it the earlier version with the light middle stripe would be more consistent with the shyness apparent in her stance and the costume that Zoe is wearing there, wouldn't it? Ah well, I still have to full Photoshop file for that pic saved, so I can always go back and retouch it to make it more accurate.

Actually, in that sense, either of them are accurate - for Vi to be around and Kinetix to not be a cat but wearing the skirt, it has to be them from between Legionnaires #52 (where she temporarily reverted to a darker version of her original suit, before switching to the no-lilac suit in #53), and Lgs #57, where Zoë goes off to the anomoly.

Looking at the Original B&W version tho, Moy shaded the (black) V, but not the stripe. And doesn't draw the ^ in. Which makes it pretty clear that it was intended to be the earlier suit [Smile]

Good news though - either way, she should have the green streak in her hair [Razz]

Click for fullsize image Click for fullsize image

quote:
And I'm not sure if Zoe is blushing, or just flushed with excitement about whatever she's contemplating doing with (to?) young Violet. [Wink]

Good grife... [Wink]

Let's face it, her face is red with blushing [Razz]

--------------------
My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War.

From: The Mainframe | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Myriad
The One Woman Legion

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Myriad           Edit/Delete Post     
Hey, Lou

I found this sketch online and the artist had titled her Misty. Seems like destiny that she should be colorized for moi. [Big Grin] I'd be interested to see what colors you would choose for me.

<font size="6"> Click for fullsize image</font s>

This is a cool sketch of Aquaman, Firestorm, and the Martian Manhunter by the same artist. I included it just in case you'd like it and want to color it.

Click for fullsize image

And this is a Power Girl by the same artist. She's already been colorized and I'm wondering if you can alter the colors. I'm completely out of my depth in asking this, so you tell me if it's possible to alter her costume's color scheme to less Power Girl and more "Misty." I love that she has brown hair and wears glasses (me-like). Plus, she has ginormous chest pillows (also me-like).

Click for fullsize image

Thank you for your consideration, Lou [smooch]

[ October 23, 2004, 04:17 PM: Message edited by: Myriad ]

--------------------
Visit Myriad's Legion of Alt-IDs in Bits and LW Directory in the MMB

From: All Possible Locations | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Loser Lad
Stressed

Those are great Misty. I'll see what I can do with them. Do you know who the artist is that drew those?

Also, what do you have in mind when you say you want to make the colors more "Misty". Do you have a certain scheme in mind?

--------------------
The LMB Archives

Myriad
The One Woman Legion

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Myriad           Edit/Delete Post     
I totally put "Misty" in your hands, Lou. You have a great sense of color. Whatever best flatters her brown hair. I believe the artist's online name was Shade.

I did absolutely love the colors of the UP arrow costume of Element Lad, though. But I'm not convinced they'd look as good with her brown hair. Bottom line: surprise me! [Smile]

And thanks!

--------------------
Visit Myriad's Legion of Alt-IDs in Bits and LW Directory in the MMB

From: All Possible Locations | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Loser Lad
Stressed

Here's the one Belinda requested, Dak Sacchev from her Legion 35C series. Hope you like it Bel!

Click for fullsize image

--------------------
The LMB Archives

Loser Lad
Stressed

And here's one of the ones Misty requested, Shade's Power Girl, recolored to match her Myriad color scheme.

Click for fullsize image

--------------------
The LMB Archives

Loser Lad
Stressed

Finally, Moy's Kinetix and Violet, with Vi's costume fixed (and Kinetix not blushing for Reboot's sake [Razz] )...

Click for fullsize image

--------------------
The LMB Archives

Harbinger
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Harbinger   Email Harbinger         Edit/Delete Post     
Lou, you are an absolute star! Dak looks even better than I ever imagined! Many thank yous flying your way

Bxx

--------------------
"Tempus Fugitive" the final part of the Adventures of Dream Boy series, set in the Three-Boot Universe. Read it only in the Bits o' Legionnaire Business Forum.

From: here, more often than not | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Loser Lad
Stressed

Thanks Bel. I was going to eliminate the background, but I decided I liked it better against the yellowed page. Like he was climbing out of the pages of some ancient tome.

And here he is again on a plain white background, just in case you wanted to see it that way.

Click for fullsize image

--------------------
The LMB Archives

Loser Lad
Stressed

Just cross-posting a few of the pieces I've posted elsewhere over here. The first couple are entries from White Raven's coloring challenges, all drawn by Jeff Moy.

Dawnstar

Click for fullsize image

XS

Click for fullsize image

Rogue and Phoenix from the X-Men

Click for fullsize image

--------------------
The LMB Archives

Loser Lad
Stressed

This one's from the Museum of Legion Arts Halloween Gallery. Crujectra, drawn by Crujectra, dressed up for Halloween.

Click for fullsize image

--------------------
The LMB Archives

Loser Lad
Stressed

Last one for now, from White Raven's Phil Moy challenge. Here's Spark, pencils done, of course, by Phil Moy.

I'll have a bunch more to post soon once I finish up some entries from the November/December Legionnaires Challenge!

Click for fullsize image

--------------------
The LMB Archives

This topic comprises 38 pages: 1  2  3  ...  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  ...  36  37  38   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.