Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » Gallery of Frog Kid...er, King - The Return (Page 8)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 9 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9   
Author Topic: Gallery of Frog Kid...er, King - The Return
Frog King
The B^|@h is back!!!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Frog King   Email Frog King         Edit/Delete Post     
Thanks, knowjack!
From: Berlin | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Frog King
The B^|@h is back!!!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Frog King   Email Frog King         Edit/Delete Post     
OK,

I draw yesterday my take on the first 2 pages of the preview by Mr Waid & Mr Kitson.

I kept the number of panels, but changed the camera angle, and designed my own aliens/characters. Let me know what you like/dislike, what works and what doesn't work, etc...

I plan to work on the next pages not until next week.

Note that some details are missing because of the quality of the scans.

-
 -

From: Berlin | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rtvu2
here we go again....

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rtvu2   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Hey Frog Kid!

Great redo...love the first page. Great expression on the kids! Great angles too.

Great job on the second page but one minor thing. We know from the preview that the alien was on a talk show, in your first panel on the second page it looks more like just two people speaking. And the jump from that to the planetscape is a bit jarring. However the emotion on the face of the kids are dead on.

Why haven't you tried out for CBR'S Comic Book Idol! You would be perfect! And you already have a great estbalished fan base here!

Great Job!

From: Texas | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Frog King
The B^|@h is back!!!

Thanks RTVU2!

I agree it could have been better shown that it was a talk show, and I think the problem is I tried too hard to be different from Barry's layout.

Edited to add: Comic books Idol seems interesting, but I always heard too late about it!

[ October 28, 2004, 11:50 PM: Message edited by: Frog Kid ]

l.e.g.i.o.n.JOHN
"Bah-weep-Graaaaagnah wheep ni ni bong."

Icon 1 posted      Profile for l.e.g.i.o.n.JOHN   Email l.e.g.i.o.n.JOHN         Edit/Delete Post     
hey frog kid, that's some awesome layouts you've done there. can't wait to see what you've got next. DAAAMMMMMNNNN, that's really cool!!!! [Smile]

--------------------
Judging yourself right is a
destination, i'm just on a journey

http://pnubaumturk.deviantart.com/

From: Yonkers N.Y | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Future
The Present is Past

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Future           Edit/Delete Post     
Not bad, Frog! I like what I see...you've got great looking characters and nice lay-outs.

I can't wait to see what you've got for the remaining preview pages, especially Lyle's scene and the legendary splash page.

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Frog King
The B^|@h is back!!!

Thanks l.e.g.i.o.n.JOHN & Future!
Frog King
The B^|@h is back!!!

Continuing my own take of the new Legion preview, here is page 3:

-

Critics are welcome, specially if they show me what and where it could be better.

minesurfer
Member Standing Proudly

Icon 1 posted      Profile for minesurfer   Email minesurfer         Edit/Delete Post     
Cool... a Space Ghost AR appearance. I love Space Ghost. He should be in the Legion.

Seriously, great work FK. I wish I had the capacity for drawing and coloring the way other posters do. Alas I do not, so I just stand back and be impressed.

--------------------
Something Filthy!

From: NOVA by way of NOIN | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Loser Lad
Stressed

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Loser Lad   Email Loser Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Is that Space Ghost? I'm thinking Raven from the Titans myself.

--------------------
The LMB Archives

From: The Loser Cave | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
minesurfer
Member Standing Proudly

Icon 1 posted      Profile for minesurfer   Email minesurfer         Edit/Delete Post     
You're prolly right Lou. The cape is all wrong for Space Ghost. I still think he should be in the Legion though.

--------------------
Something Filthy!

From: NOVA by way of NOIN | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
Froggie, another big fan over here! Your work is astounding! Question: Where is your Legion of Subs cover?

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Frog King
The B^|@h is back!!!

quote:
Originally posted by MLLASH:
Froggie, another big fan over here! Your work is astounding! Question: Where is your Legion of Subs cover?

You mean this one?

-

Frog King
The B^|@h is back!!!

About my own take on the Legion preview, I must say I'm desesperate: looking at the pages I posted, I can't find one thing I like in it. It is too rushed. I can spot many errors. I think I will re-do them.
Frog King
The B^|@h is back!!!

I found 2 old pics I made a long time ago(thought I'd share):

-
 -

This topic comprises 9 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.