Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » Loser's Gallery (Page 7)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 38 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  ...  36  37  38   
Author Topic: Loser's Gallery
Loser Lad
Stressed

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Loser Lad   Email Loser Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Sketch Lad:
(I'm not totally happy with the job I did on those pencils, but oh well...).

Well, it was a rough sketch, not intended to be a finished drawing, so for what it is I think it looks great. I enjoyed the lighting challenge that the pose presented over the typical pinup shot that I normally color. This was definitely a cool perspective shot!

And thanks for the compliments! [Smile]

--------------------
The LMB Archives

From: The Loser Cave | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wisper
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wisper   Email wisper         Edit/Delete Post     
the lbmers look really cool, at least in my opinion. i like the black and yellow color scheem better for that speed guy
From: cape cod, mass | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Loser Lad
Stressed

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Loser Lad   Email Loser Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Thanks wisper! The black one was my favorite too!

--------------------
The LMB Archives

From: The Loser Cave | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Abin Quank
Except when I'm someone else...

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Abin Quank           Edit/Delete Post     
Yo Loser, when are you gonna color Abin and Space Ranger for me?

--------------------
Just an Old, Broke-Down, Drunk, Bum!!

With a Power Ring...

From: Westerly Rhode Island | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Loser Lad
Stressed

Didn't know you wanted me to. Aren't they already in color?

--------------------
The LMB Archives

Abin Quank
Except when I'm someone else...

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Abin Quank           Edit/Delete Post     
Yeah, they are... But I think you could make them look sooooo much better!

--------------------
Just an Old, Broke-Down, Drunk, Bum!!

With a Power Ring...

From: Westerly Rhode Island | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Loser Lad
Stressed

I'll give it a shot, but I'll have to see what I can do about un-coloring them first. The way I usually color isn't really going to work over previously existing color. Lemme see what I can do.

I have a couple of things I'm working on right now, so it may be a bit before I can get to them.

--------------------
The LMB Archives

Loser Lad
Stressed

Okay, these didn't take long at all, so here they are. I couldn't come up with an easy way to un-color the ones you sent Abin, so I just went to HeroMachine and recreated them without color. They were kind of small, so I enlarged them, which is why they're a bit blurry. Didn't turn out too badly though despite that.

Here's Abin Quank, created with HeroMachine, colored by me:

Click for fullsize image

--------------------
The LMB Archives

Loser Lad
Stressed

And Space Ranger, also HeroMachine colored by me:

Click for fullsize image

--------------------
The LMB Archives

Harbinger
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Harbinger   Email Harbinger         Edit/Delete Post     
Hey lou, I [Love] your work!

Spacey looks so young and naive and, well perfect! Abin doesn't look nearly mischievious or annoying enough though [Big Grin]

--------------------
"Tempus Fugitive" the final part of the Adventures of Dream Boy series, set in the Three-Boot Universe. Read it only in the Bits o' Legionnaire Business Forum.

From: here, more often than not | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Loser Lad
Stressed

Thanks Bel! You're right of course. Abin should definitely look more like he's up to no good. [Big Grin]

--------------------
The LMB Archives

Tempest
Enchantress

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tempest   Author's Homepage   Email Tempest         Edit/Delete Post     
These are so cool (how do you guys draw so good, color well and manipulate pictures perfectly, whenever I do that it looks like poopoocaca?)

--------------------
And to show I bear no ill will, I, too, shall bestow a gift...

From: The Mansion | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tempest
Enchantress

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tempest   Author's Homepage   Email Tempest         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Loser Lad:
Thanks Bel! You're right of course. Abin should definitely look more like he's up to no good. [Big Grin]

He does, he looks like he's going to sing. [Wink]

And if I didn't say it before great job and thanks.

--------------------
And to show I bear no ill will, I, too, shall bestow a gift...

From: The Mansion | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Loser Lad
Stressed

Yikes! Abin singing probably would be no good! [Big Grin]

I didn't think of that when I was coloring it but that sceptre he's holding does kind of look like a microphone.

And Terry, there are two things you really need to be able to color like I do. A decent photo editing program and lots of practice. MS Paint is okay for basic coloring, but it won't get you really good results because you can't use layers. Anything you color wipes out the stuff you're coloring on top of, so you can't color over lines without wiping out the lines, and you can't add shading and highlights over the colors because they'll wipe out the colors.

There are a lot of good free editing programs available for download on the web, so if you're serious about being able to turn out good stuff you should look into a few of those. There are some links in the image editing thread that's highlighted in this forum.

The program you're using and the options it offers really do have a lot to do with how well your stuff turns out. The rest is just experience and learning *how* to do what you want to do.

--------------------
The LMB Archives

Harbinger
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Harbinger   Email Harbinger         Edit/Delete Post     
Lou, can I be cheeky and ask you to colour the picture Keith drew for me of Dak Sacchev in the Leg 35C bios and pictures thread?

If that's too much hassle forget it, but I had to ask

Bxx

--------------------
"Tempus Fugitive" the final part of the Adventures of Dream Boy series, set in the Three-Boot Universe. Read it only in the Bits o' Legionnaire Business Forum.

From: here, more often than not | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 38 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  ...  36  37  38   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.