Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » Calling all LMBers! (Page 7)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   
Author Topic: Calling all LMBers!
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Invisible Brainiac           Edit/Delete Post     
I just read these last few posts, and I'm really glad that the problem was fixed, although I didn't even know we had a problem... It sure is difficult, what with the large number of people posting here. At least it was solved peacefully, though... I hope I didn't unknowingly aggravate the problem in any way. And I want to thank everyone for making my transition as a new member fun and easy. That's why I joined this board in the first place, because of all the nice people here. I'm glad that everyone is keeping it that way. Long live the Legion, and Long Live Legion World! [Lightning Lad]

--------------------
Loss: How does the galaxy cope w/o the Postboot Legion?

Titans Idol - vote for your favorite Titans members!

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Crusader
Prince of Psyonia

Icon 1 posted      Profile for The Crusader   Email The Crusader         Edit/Delete Post     
Historically, LMBP story threads have tended to push the boundaries of good taste [Smile] Many of our most enthusiastic writers have a liberal sense of humor. I think, however, that when writing these stories, it is a good idea to keep in mind just who you are writing about.

For instance, as everyone knows, Crujectra is my character. I created her, and I have spent a long time developing her into who she is today. As such, I'm a little possessive of her "character". I have no problem with her being involved in the story threads, so long as she is written as much "in character" as is possible. For instance, if she had been the one using sex to steal powers, I would have been horrified.

Other posters would probably not care as much about how they were used, to an extent. Cobalt, for instance, is a big fan of these stories, and would probably not be as concerned about what might happen to his "character", within reason.

The point is, when you are writing about people other than yourself, consider how much impact your story ideas might have on the people you are writing about. Do you think they will find it funny, or do you think they might be upset? Or if you are introducing someone into the storyline that newer posters might not know much (or anything) about, maybe you could add a short post to explain who they are and how they might be handled.

The LMBP has a confusing history, with many alternate IDs and fictional characters, as well as a number of real people who at one time or another called themselves LMBPers. Knowing who's real and who isn't can be hard to figure out. But if you are planning to be graphic or potentially offensive in the story using a character you are unfamiliar with, it might not be a bad idea to ask for more information from some of the "old timers", just to be on the safe side. I think it's better to be sure than to risk hurting someone's feelings by accident.

Of course, these are just my opinions, and may not reflect the opinions of anyone else [Wink]

From: LMBP Outpost | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Well put Cru! Like you said, I've always used Crujectra in only the best light, because I'd feel bad doing otherwise. Others posters are free to have all kinds of wacky things happen to Cobalt, as long as they promise that I can do the same to their characters too [Smile] .

In the future, we could all try to give a description of a new character that's introduced if it's someone else. I know sometimes I suddenly include obscure posters of the past and then offer no explanation for them because I post in the heat of the moment [Wink] . I'll try to be a bit more informative next time, that's one of the great things about this edit feature that we all have!

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
I just wanted to let everyone know that the changes have been made in the Ongoing Tag Thread. Thanks for everyone in helping to make this an easily solved problem, and thanks for your patience.

Grey, thanks for fixing it for me:). Lardy would have done it, but like I said, he can't sign on for some reason.

Chuck, I appreciate everything you've said and am just happy that I can look forward to reading some more posts by both Space Ranger and Abin Quanck, Green Lantern [Wink]

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 3 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Fat Cramer:
Well, I deleted my posts, which is just the quickest fix for my own entries, but I don't believe I have the authority to remove the others.

Restored and edited. [Smile] - (Remember! I'm omnimpotent!) Nightcrawler
From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
You may be omnipotent, but I'm semi-omnipotent. Just so you don't go all Progenitor on us! [Wink]

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sonnie
mere mortal

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sonnie   Email Sonnie         Edit/Delete Post     
Jeez louise! I take a week off from posting and you all go all serious! I obviously picked the right week to go..... [Big Grin]
From: home sweet home... unless i'm posting from work | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stu
Time Trapper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stu   Email Stu         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Fat Cramer:
You may be omnipotent, but I'm semi-omnipotent.

At this hour, I'm just somnolent.
Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kid Prime
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kid Prime           Edit/Delete Post     
ZZZZ!

(said in agreement)

--------------------
White. A blank page or canvas. His favorite. So... many... possibilities.

From: Birmingham, AL | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.