Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » Group Shots (Page 6)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 13 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  11  12  13   
Author Topic: Group Shots
Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Candlelight   Email Candlelight         Edit/Delete Post     
Here's a wonderfully interesting 'group shot' by our own Sketch -

-

I love this one.

--------------------
'In the twinkling of an eye'
I'll be dancing in the sky!

Come, join me!

From: Salem, Oregon USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Candlelight   Email Candlelight         Edit/Delete Post     
Here's a couple more of snareser's that I wanted to share:

lsh_by_snareser
(Shady and Lar, woohoo!)

-

and -
This one is probably my favorite of snares'.
I love the faces and that he uses Nightwind, Lamprey, Tenzil, Shikari and so many others that
I never seem to get enough of.
sigh

lsh_colour_by_snareser

-

[ January 28, 2010, 09:18 PM: Message edited by: Candle ]

--------------------

Come, join me!

From: Salem, Oregon USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Loser Lad
Stressed

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Loser Lad   Email Loser Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Here's a group shot I colored recently. Drawn by Greg Larocque.

-

From: The Loser Cave | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sarcasm Kid
Bring Back Lian Harper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sarcasm Kid   Author's Homepage   Email Sarcasm Kid         Edit/Delete Post     
I never noticed how much Lydda looks like Bettie Page.

--------------------
I want to be hated by lies
-
Bring Back Lian Harper

Join the movement
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=373120795632&ref=mf

From: Bronx, NY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Candlelight
A forever cadet!

quote:
Originally posted by Sarcasm Kid:
I never noticed how much Lydda looks like Bettie Page.

Amazing, huh!
[Roll Eyes]

I've always really enjoyed Greg's work.
He and Steve Lightle are favorites of mine.

This must have been a commission since it's the only reason I can think of why he'd include Lydda in that grouping.
Especially since he didn't put her with Rokk.
Why DIDN'T he put her with Rokk?

Maybe that what the client requested, I guess.

Lovely colors, as always, LL.
You're just consistently wonderful.

Lydda's outfit looks slightly 'speckled' or 'glittery' to me.
Is that intentional on your part or is it just my eyes?
As Night Girl, I think that a starfield outfit is absolutely appropriate for her, much moreso than Troy's is.

--------------------

Come, join me!

Lone Wolf Legionnaire
Academy Cadet

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lone Wolf Legionnaire   Email Lone Wolf Legionnaire         Edit/Delete Post     
Here's the Perez spread with the blocked out characters added in the best I could.

-

[ January 31, 2010, 05:52 AM: Message edited by: Lone Wolf Legionnaire ]

--------------------
I tried to rip their soul out.I tried to make them forget Superman.
But they won't.

From: Kentucky | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Loser Lad
Stressed

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Loser Lad   Email Loser Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Candle:
This must have been a commission since it's the only reason I can think of why he'd include Lydda in that grouping.
Especially since he didn't put her with Rokk.
Why DIDN'T he put her with Rokk?

Maybe that what the client requested, I guess.

That was my thought too. The only other reason I could think of is that Greg simply forgot which Legionnaires were paired with each other. It has been awhile since he was the regular LSH artist.

quote:
Lovely colors, as always, LL.
You're just consistently wonderful.

Thank you! [Doctor Mayavale]

quote:
Lydda's outfit looks slightly 'speckled' or 'glittery' to me.
Is that intentional on your part or is it just my eyes?

I think that's more due to the shading Greg put into the original pencils. I didn't do anything to add any kind of a starfield effect to it, though you're right, it wouldn't be inappropriate for the character in question.
From: The Loser Cave | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for He Who Wanders   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Those are awesome colors, Lou!

--------------------
The Semi-Great Gildersleeve - writing, super-heroes, and this 'n' that

From: The Stasis Zone | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for He Who Wanders   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Love the Sketchy drawing above! It's nice that Comet Queen found another calling.

--------------------
The Semi-Great Gildersleeve - writing, super-heroes, and this 'n' that

From: The Stasis Zone | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Candlelight
A forever cadet!

I love this one, I got it on these boards but I think there was just a link to it, or something like that.
Anyway -

-
There's a signature on the drawing, which I can't make out.
I suspect it's a Steve Lightle, another favorite of mine (but, as always, I could be wrong, sigh.)

[ February 02, 2010, 08:37 PM: Message edited by: Candle ]

--------------------

Come, join me!

Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
It's by various artists from Wildstorm.
From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sarcasm Kid
Bring Back Lian Harper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sarcasm Kid   Author's Homepage   Email Sarcasm Kid         Edit/Delete Post     
It'd be nice if they made the frikkin signatures readable.

--------------------
I want to be hated by lies
-
Bring Back Lian Harper

Join the movement
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=373120795632&ref=mf

From: Bronx, NY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Candlelight
A forever cadet!

These covers are so neat, especially this first one -

-

and

-

These are both by Gary Frank, of course.

[ February 02, 2010, 08:50 PM: Message edited by: Candle ]

--------------------

Come, join me!

Candlelight
A forever cadet!

quote:
Originally posted by Nightcrawler:
It's by various artists from Wildstorm.

[Smile]
That's explains why I thought I saw more than one signature!
I think there's one on the right, by Ayla's hip and one or even two(3?) on the left, by Gim's elbow.
Are there any more?

Multiple artists explains why I couldn't really pinpoint the artistic style, since there's multiple styles!

It might be fun for people to try to guess who drew whom!

--------------------

Come, join me!

Candlelight
A forever cadet!

I'll start the guessing.
Gim and maybe Brainy look similar in style to me.
And they're fantastic.
I'm going to say Barry Kitson.

--------------------

Come, join me!

This topic comprises 13 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  11  12  13   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.