Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » JWNBFN... of Space! Discussion Thread (Page 5)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   
Author Topic: JWNBFN... of Space! Discussion Thread
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
DADBLAST it, I've been missing ALL the fun! I promise to check in regularly now!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sketch Lad           Edit/Delete Post     
I've planned the next round, and did prelim sketches, but I still need to do them better, with a touch of reference material....

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Sketch Lad
Advisor

Gah! I can't seem to get to this! Hang in there ya'll....

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
No more Facebook until you complete the next round

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

I'm SO busted right now!

Okay, I'll be spending some time in the waiting room today, so the sketches will get done!!!!!!!

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Sketch Lad
Advisor

Okay, the sketches are done, now it's production time with scanning coloring lettering editing, uploading and posting.

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Sketch Lad
Advisor

Aw.... The Littlest Pet Shop... of Space! must have had a sale!

So, please rate which Best Friend candidate did the best job of picking out a pet for Janice and staging a cool holo for it.

1 is worst, 4 is best.

The highest score gets a bonus holo, the lowest is rejected from the competition.

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
Gotta go with Bandar-Kitty = 4
Little Moby Dick = 3
Pony = 2
TIny Tizzles = 1

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
1. Quicksand and tiny tizzles - You can tell that Quicksand isn't into this event. Plus it looks like Janice is a little worried aboout what the tizzle my do while on her head.

2. Condo and Bandar Kitty - What was he thinking with those claws?

3. Zoe and Little Super Moby Dick of Space - Little Moby doesn't look so good, but the girls are very cute in their space bikinis

4. Thora and the Starburst pony - You can see that Janice is absolutely thrilled by the cute little pony. And that is the point to thrill and delight Janice. And Thora looks good in her cowgir..er Western ensemble.

PS: Condo looks very sexy in his bonus pin-up. Back off Janice, he's mine! [Wink]

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46
or you can do the confusion 'til your head falls off

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
1. Thora & Starburst Pony - "Icky" is a little harsh. It's just that the pony doesn't look all that pony-like to me.

2. Condo & Bandar Kitty - A nice pose for the two humans, but... it's not the claws that get to me, it's the fear that Nermal from Planet Garfield is on the verge of taking over the galaxy here.

3. Zoe & Super-Moby Dick of Space - The bubblehead-swimsuit combo is just adorable. Okay, the real reason is that I just like saying "Little Super Moby Dick of Space" out loud as if I were an announcer for Saturday morning cartoon ads. [blush]

4. Quicksand & Tiny Tizzles - The ladies' expressions are priceless. Also, seriously, who wouldn't want an animated marshmallow Peep [tm] for their super-pet ?

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exnihil
back in black (and white)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Exnihil   Email Exnihil         Edit/Delete Post     
1. Bandar Kitty - AAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!! Stop staring into my soul!!!

2. Moby Dick of Space - True, he's a cute little green space-comma... but there's something a bit disconcertingly fetal about this little guy.

3. Tiny Tizzles - Aww. Finally, a little playmate for the Shmoo.

4. Starburst Pony - A little baby horse that looks as though he'd grant magic wishes if given half a chance... what's not to like? Besides, you can just tell he's totally up for some belly rubs. Thora, you done good.

--------------------
See Here for the latest update on the 2013 Chicago Gathering (now including tentative attendance list)

Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
1. Quicksand and the tizzles - Quicksand, while totally my boo, is clearly not feeling this one.

2. Thora and the glowing pony - Thora gets points for dressing up like a cowgirl. Yeeh-haw!

3. Zoe and the mini-Moby Dick of Space - Bubble-helmets and bikinis, in space! What could be more fun?

4. Condo and the bandar kitty. Ooh, their hands are touching. I think there's magic in the air!

Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sarcasm Kid
Bring Back Lian Harper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sarcasm Kid   Author's Homepage   Email Sarcasm Kid         Edit/Delete Post     
4. Quicksand.

3. Condo.

2. Zoe.

1. Thora. Sorry girl. It just wasn't doing it for me.

--------------------
I want to be hated by lies
-
Bring Back Lian Harper

Join the movement
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=373120795632&ref=mf

From: Bronx, NY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
First it must be said I cannot rate any of these as icky or even okay!

4--- Bathing suits + mini-moby = we have a favorite!

3-- Thora as cowgirl rates a close second!

2-- Condo's cute! The kitty's scary! [Wink]

1-- No one's gonna notice Tizzles with Sandy lookin' all smOOOOOOOkin'!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Sketch Lad
Advisor

POLLS CLOSED!

Thank you for all of your comments and ratings.

It was pretty close this time!

With an average rating of 2.8, Zoe and the Mini Moby Dick... of Space! win the challenge! Her bonus holo is coming soon.

With an average rating of 2.6, Condo and the Bandar-Kitty are safe.

With an average rating of 2.4, Thora and the Starburst Pony are safe.

Meaning Quicksand and her Tiny Tizzles are rejected, with an average rating of 2.1.

As usual, my votes would have been way off the majority. I would have cut Thora and made Quicksand winner and put Condo and Zoe in the middle somewhere.

The next challenge may take even longer than normal because there are a lot of details to include. That's part of why I closed polls so abruptly.

Keep your holo viewers tuned!

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.