Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » JWNBFN... of Space! Discussion Thread (Page 4)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   
Author Topic: JWNBFN... of Space! Discussion Thread
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sketch Lad           Edit/Delete Post     
So, I've penciled each holo and have colored 3/5ths. Nearly done. I'm hoping to post Friday night.

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
don't close the polls until Monday when I'll have a chance to vote.

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Whooo!!! Par - TAY!

So, please rate these parties from 1 (lame) to 5 (awesome, dude!). Keep in mind that the holos only feature Janice, the contestant and the featured guest (whenever applicable). Naturally, there were dozens of other party sentients there, too, just not everyone was shown in the holos.

Think about:
Do you like the contestant?
How creative was the party?
Was the holo nice looking?
Anything else?

Thanks!

[ February 06, 2009, 09:48 PM: Message edited by: Sketch Lad ]

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
1 Lana - Hrm. Everybody's fully clothed? Where's the fun in that? No energy. They could have at least gone to a sockhop! What could be more adorable than Lana, Janice and some boys dancing around in their socks?

2 Thora - Points for the Darkseid tiki torch and the nice beachside setting. Thora looks like she's having fun, which is an unusual look for her. She usually looks grumpy.

3 Zoe - Zoe is smoking hot and I have an unreasonable love for Kathoon and Lydda. Janice, um, dear, unless you're eight months preggers, and the father's Winathian, that dress needs to be shot...

4 Condo - Ooh, best environment ever. The whole Arabian belly dancer theme totally works, even better than Kathoon for me, because it's all colorful and active!

5 Quicksand - Was there an environment? My eyes couldn't get past Quicksand, all lean and flowing and lost in the motion. I imagine that Janice was in the picture somewhere, but, whatever. Quicksand, Quicksand, Quicksand!!!

Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46
or you can do the confusion 'til your head falls off

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
1.Zoe- Clever idea, but the outfits aren't doing anything for me.

2. Lana- Not bad. I do like Jan A. as Andy Hardy. I don't know why, but I do.

3. Thora- Darkseid's "cameo" is cute. As are the girls, but-- no leis ?!

4. Condo- Poses, costumes, colors-- So sweet (even if Jan's pose would break a normal girl's spine;A wealthy lady probably has lots of free time to work out.)

5. Quicksand- I'm a sucker for wine-y reds. Great poses, lovely, simple costumes. Win.

(Very tough to choose between 4 & 5.)

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
1. Lana - more static than the others but mostly I don't like Lana Lang in anything

2. Thora - I got a good laugh out of this, especially with the Darkseid tiki. I want one! But smaller....

3. Zoe - loved the Kathoon setting, Lydda singing and the party dresses

4. Condo - great exotic setting and outfit for Jan. Who knew Condo was pals with Starfinger? Or is Starfinger renting out his ring for parties?

5. Quicksand - beautiful, and we never see enough Quicksand. But what clinched it was the Time Trapper's robes - what audacity! Did the girls steal them?

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exnihil
back in black (and white)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Exnihil   Email Exnihil         Edit/Delete Post     
These ratings are based solely on the degree to which I'd actually like to join that party.

1. Quicksand at the rave: Ugh. Thumping techno, spaced out chicks, pretension abounding... count me out.

2. Jan at the social. OK, the folks are friendly enough, and sure, I like me some ice cream, but gah! Is this something out of a 50's musical? Are we in Gary, Indiana?

3. Zoe at the Kitty Cat Club. Now we're cookin'. Retro-kitschy! I need to grow out my sideburns and brill-creme up that pompadour. Damn... if only I could swing-dance!

4. Thora at the luau. Loving it! Nothing better than kicking back on the beach as the sun goes down while two gorgeous chicks sway for you in the cool evening breeze... unless, of course, it's:

5. Condo at the Moroccan Belly Dance party. Yes!!! Wonderfully exotic. Serve me up some mint tea, as the intoxicating aroma of jasmine sends me back to the untamed Sahara of bygone days. I want to be there now!

--------------------
See Here for the latest update on the 2013 Chicago Gathering (now including tentative attendance list)

Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
1. Jan. He is hidden in the picture. For a bit I thought Lana was competing (and some other people thought so to) and that Jan was actually Pete Ross.

2. Zoe. She looked bored. Zoe should not look bored. ANd Janice looks horrible in that outfit and Zoe should have known better.

3. Quicksand. I love the rave. Janice seems to be watching Quicksand's moves in order to be as cool as Quicksand.

4. Condo. Janice is really getting into the I dream of Jeannie look. And Condo looks on approvingly. However, a BFF doesn't look on. A BFF takes part.

5. Thora. Janice seems to be having a heck of a time at the luau. At first I thought that the grass skirt and coconut brassiere were out of character for THora, but I suspect that in a matriarchy and at an all-gir..er all-woman party, one can dress for fun without being thought of as the sex object of a cretinous male.

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

I've done the math for the current ratings, but I'll keep the polls open for a while longer.

I do find it telling that Lana's name was used instead of Jan's a couple of times for that holo.

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Sketch Lad
Advisor

POLLS CLOSED!!

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Sketch Lad
Advisor

With an average rating of 3.6, Quicksand is safe.

With an average rating of 3.2, Thora is safe.

With an average rating of 2.4, Zoe is safe.

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Sketch Lad
Advisor

With an average rating of 4.2, Condo is the round winner!

With an average rating of 1.4, Jan Arrah is REJECTED!

Condo's bonus holo will be posted soon.

The next round is going to be SO CUTE!

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Mystery Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mystery Lad   Email Mystery Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Drat it! I knew I should've checked in here last night instead of watching the Westminster dog show!

Poor Jan didn't really get a shot, did he? Turning your back to the holocam is a signed permission slip for banishment. Ah, well- he's not the type for these reality-type competitions, really.

I would've voted like this

1. Zoe
2. Thora
3. Jan
4. Quicksand
5. Condo

My criteria was how happy I thought Janice looked in the holos. I really liked how relaxed and happy she lookied in the ice-cream shot one, but it really didn't showcase Jan too well.

From: Knoxville, TN | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Thanks for posting even after polls closed, ML.

I'm so glad these contests are decided by majority vote, because if I was doing it all on my own, I would be way off.

When I rate my own work, it's based on the level of creativity that came to me as I pondered the challenge. Then, how would the characters really react to what was done. Then, how good is the art? If the art sucks, I blame the holographer and the models, certainly not the art director! ( [Big Grin] )

1. Thora - Maybe I shouldn't have picked her to be the one on Daxam. The original idea was supposed to be on Darkseid's Daxam, but somehow I translated that to Darkseid tiki torches at a Daxamite luau. I'm also sorta pushing her characterization to be more fun than she is. However, she is in competition mode, so winning is her goal.

2. Quicksand - the hot girl art saves this one. I think it was clever to make a toga party out of the Trapper's robes. I can see a rave taking place out in the desolate Entropy. I was happy with this one.

3. Condo - I never would have thought of a party in Starfinger's ring. It immediately made me think of having a party in a genie's bottle. That lead to the belly dancer theme. It really came together.

4. Jan - I immediately thought of Jan's classic pink uniform, and when the 9 Planets Ice Cream Parlor was the venue, it just came together that it'd be a pastel, bright 50's kinda party. Who better to invite than 50's icons, Clark and Lana? I figured Janice would think this party would be really sweet, and different than anything she'd done recently.

5. Zoe - This is the party I'd want to go to! Kitchy nightclub with swanky attire and fabulous Lydda on stage. I liked Janice's baby doll with sex appeal dress and giant flip hair!

Well, as stated before, the next round will be CUTE as can be (supposedly)!

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Sketch Lad
Advisor

Condo's bonus holo is posted. It's a very basic sketch of he and Janice together.

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.