Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » MLLASH's bad random windows paint fandango (Page 30)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 89 pages: 1  2  3  ...  27  28  29  30  31  32  33  ...  87  88  89   
Author Topic: MLLASH's bad random windows paint fandango
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
Shady, thank you for the comments! Feedback rocks! I can actually doodle a passable hand with pen or pencil, but one thing I've learned with Windows Paint is that doodling a passable hand is REALLLLLLLY difficult. Plus the workspace is so small, it's easy to leave out the hands (like with Belle above). I decided to get over it and work more hands into the images, starting with these LMBE images. I do wish I had made Acid Lad's other hand less clawlike! I'll consider the claw-hand one of his illusions... yeah, that's it! [Wink]

Speaking of Acid Lad, thanks, Sharky! Gotta admit, I've got at least a partial thing for most types, including the sexy skinny hippie!

And now, the LMBE lass with "elastic" locks, THE LIVING AFRO!

-

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
"Oh no! Don't you be messin' with the Fro!"

I, no joke (well, yes, it was a joke) wrote up a character for Mutants & Masterminds named The Fro, who was a blaxploitation version of Marvel's Medusa (or DC's Spider-Girl or Lady Godiva), with animate hair. She could make her hair hard enough to block bullets, or batter down doors! Her teammates included the Inscrutable Foot (just as terrible a racial caricature, a former Chinese street thug who had a bionic foot from an alien experiment that was super-powered, and jerked him around in combat, flipping up to deflect bullets and stuff, throwing him terribly off-balance in the process) and a scrawny mulleted trailer denizen wannabe-cowboy (inspired by Kid Rock) named Twister, who had the power to spin really fast and zipped around like the Tasmanian Devil. Like most Bud-drinking NASCAR fans who wear cowboy hats and snakeskin boots, he'd never lived on a farm and found horses kind of frightening up close.

Echoing what was said upthread, given the limitations of the style, you do an amazing job of conveying attitude and expression both facially and through use of posture!

Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Candlelight   Email Candlelight         Edit/Delete Post     
I have trouble drawing hands even in the best of conditions!
I think a lot of people do, that's why a lot of cartoonists use 3 fingers and a thumb ~ Gina's work has some 3 fingered drawings.

-

I think you're absolutely right to just keep doodling away and having fun, because that's what showns in your work.

I just wanted to encourage you with the great success of your work and maybe chide you a little when you leave the really hard parts totally out!

--------------------
'In the twinkling of an eye'
I'll be dancing in the sky!

Come, join me!

From: Salem, Oregon USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Candlelight   Email Candlelight         Edit/Delete Post     
 -
I just found a photo for another of my favorite ANTM ~ Jade from cycle 6.
It's one of her few smiles, really.
I think she's a pretty good match for your drawing!

[ November 10, 2009, 09:58 AM: Message edited by: Candle ]

--------------------

Come, join me!

From: Salem, Oregon USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Shady, I do appreciate the encouragement as well as the chiding, seriously! I promise I'm not a bit touchy about my 'art' at all! It makes me feel good that people even look at it, and it's quite thrilling when someone cares/likes it enough to comment. It has become a needed creative outlet for me, I'm glad I "found" Windows Paint!

Isn't Gina DC's stuff cute? I'd love to see her do a LSH-babies story!

Your casting is spot-ON! I'm honored to have The Living Afro postered! Jade was a terriffic choice. I remember having a love/hate relationship with her when she was on ANTM. She makes a great TLA! Please feel free to cast any of my characters!!

Set, I *know* you have a great knack for character creations, humorous or serious. You've inspired paint-doodles from me before, on the LSH board, iirc. Hmmm... I need to find that thread...

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

RHINESTONE COWBOY, the badass who used his powersuit to blind you before he whupped your ass! Glen Campbell was his biggest fan.

-

--------------------

Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
Hey Lash,

I may not comment but I always check out this thread when I see you've posted, just to see what's new.

I think you are very talented. I've used Paint and I couldn't do nearly the things you do.

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Candlelight
A forever cadet!

-
[Proty]

--------------------

Come, join me!

Sketch Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sketch Lad           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by MLLASH:

Okay, I couldn't resist a group photo of the 9 little Starsearchers.... no more Starsearchers for now, promise!!

-

[Big Grin]

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Sketch Lad
Advisor

Lash, I've been doin' sketches of The Nine Lil Aliens, and since I don't have Photoshop right now, I'm unable to color them. So, how 'bout some descriptions of how they look?

Starting at 12 o'clock, moving clockwise...

The Elder - think Bejamin Franklin or George Washington meets a surfer dude... of space.

Temp - Super clean and simple design, much like what you've done.

Mharva - Lots of feathers and scales detailing. Her head feather/scales will be a showy crest.

Hoppa - Much like your design, an emphasis on insectoid exoskeletal armor and powerful legs.

Ronar - Like his wicked parents, his look will be based on Aztek Gods, but he'll have a punk rock edge.

Drey Danger - Maintains the barbarian look.

K'zle - Blobby and tentacle-y!

Gorgonna - Greek Goddess meets Reggae!

Starlette - Prim and proper Victorian fashion meets Victoria's Secret.

I've done a ton of sketches.

I HEART the STARSEARCHERS!

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Dean, they sound magnificent! When you are ready, please feel free to post them!

--------------------

Sketch Lad
Advisor

Soon...

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

While I wait for Dean's takes on the li'l aliens (is it soon yet????), I thought I'd dig out some old images I haven't posted yet.

An upgrade to Windows 7 has totally changed up Windows Paint... lots more stuff now, but it is going to take some getting used to and practice.

Meanwhile, here's a couple of old images, from MLL'ESTER's cult favorite series Matter-Eater Lad & the LSH!

Up first, MURDERMATON and his BFFs, the FLYING WORM SWARM THINGIE CHEWIES, from MELatLSH # 1!

-

--------------------

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

The Freedom Fighter named SHIPOOPI, the girl who's hard to get (because she is a flying speedster teleporter!)

-

--------------------

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

-

--------------------

This topic comprises 89 pages: 1  2  3  ...  27  28  29  30  31  32  33  ...  87  88  89   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.