Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » JWNBFN... of Space! Discussion Thread (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   
Author Topic: JWNBFN... of Space! Discussion Thread
Exnihil
back in black (and white)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Exnihil   Email Exnihil         Edit/Delete Post     
1. Who do you think would be a great new Best Friend... of Space for Jan?

Element Lad, himself, Jan Arrah

2. Why?

Apart from the Jan/Jan aspect, I get a very "Breakfast at Tiffany's" (or Spiffany's [Smile] ) vibe from this matchup. In fact...

3. What would you like to see a holo of them doing together?

Attending raucous cocktail parties, where Janice is a whirlwind of fun, and Jan's a bit of a wallflower, admiring her joie de vivre from afar.

4. Where should they go?

Horseback riding... perhaps on an annoyed H'Hrnath

5. What prop should they mess around with?

The Audrey Hepburn sleep-mask with the painted-on eyes (perhaps Janice wears it as an attempt at adopting a Super-Hero ID of her own)

6. What creature should they encounter?

Janice's pet parakat, who, of course she names, "Parakat."

7. What else?

In a rare moment of poignancy, Jan spies Janice on her balcony singing, "Kathoon River"

--------------------
See Here for the latest update on the 2013 Chicago Gathering (now including tentative attendance list)

Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
I have one more idea.

Thora of Taltar

2. Why?

Because Thora wants to.

Janice trying to get Thora to do girlie things, like trying on lingerie.

4. Where should they go?

Thora would bring Janice to a Matriarchal Society meeting

Pots and pans. Trying to bake a cake.

frat boys

7. What else?

What else more do you need when you have Thora?

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
All great ideas, and I like Darkseid because Janice looks like his wife Tiggra. I don't know what her status would be at this point, he probably killed her at some point, but I could see Darkseid obsessed with Janice.

Gates - at first, with cuddly, I had a vision of Kermit the Frog sort of cuddly but Gates would probably give Janice lectures about her capitalist, robber baron lifestyle. He'd love her anyways.

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sketch Lad           Edit/Delete Post     
I'll keep nominations open all weekend, then get the competition started next week.

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by MLLASH:
Okay, I am totally being serious here, because I think it would be hilarious.... does that make sense?

DARKSEID

2. Why?

Because there's always the one contestant who's a total ass that all the other contestants HATE and wish would get voted off and is so fake and stuff.

Destroying a planet.

4. Where should they go?

Daxam post-Great Darkness. They could hang out on Darkseid's nose, or mouth.

Cellular Trim-Ray (to reduce Darkseid's unwanted thigh cheese)!

OR

The Anti-Life Equasion (they can practice it on mostly-reviled characters like Jamm and Fortress Lad!

That pet-thing the Emerald Empress had, the one that talked... Twinkle? Tinkle? Tweaky? (Janice loves it and of course Darksy hates it)

7. What else?

Give Granny Goodness a makeover!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Sketch Lad
Advisor

Heh! Lash, your Darkseid idea threw a twist into this thing that I never would have anticipated and I love it.

Again, I'll keep nominations open all weekend, but I'm quite looking forward to getting started on this.

I wish Teeds was around!

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Sketch Lad
Advisor

Updates....

Thora - The stern super feminist meets frilly girly-girl.

Jan Arrah - Wallflower Cool Guy lets beautiful, flamboyant friend girl take center stage.

Darkseid - I imagine JanJan trying to soften him up, make him smile or giggle. He tries to impress her by exhibiting great power.

Zoe - I think they'd have a lot in common. I assume we are not talking about post anomoly Zoe.

Kono - They'd be kinda mischeivous together.

Gates - From different worlds & points of view, but affectionated and caring.

Chem - he's shy and serious, she's loud and effervescent. It's good for him.

Quicksand - I like ML's idea of her being rather militant. Jan would be a bit scared of her, but also get a rush from the danger.

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
Where the hell IS Teeds anyway?

I'm totally digging the Thora thing. Quicksand as drawn by Sketchy = always a treat for the eyes. I've decided that I have a crush on Chemical King, so go team Chem. I'd like to see Gates be all scandalized by Jan's upper-class ways! And nobody doesn't like Mr. Arrah, Zoe & Kono!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by MLLASH:

That pet-thing the Emerald Empress had, the one that talked... Twinkle? Tinkle? Tweaky? (Janice loves it and of course Darksy hates it)
[/QB]

I'm pretty sure it was Tizzles. Shvaughn Erin had a similar one in 5YL named "Boofer" and there was a flashback of Celeste McCauley being given one by cousin Leland. Popular pre-boot pets.

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46
or you can do the confusion 'til your head falls off

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Fat Cramer: (snip)

Gates - at first, with cuddly, I had a vision of Kermit the Frog sort of cuddly but Gates would probably give Janice lectures about her capitalist, robber baron lifestyle. He'd love her anyways.

I'm temporarily overcoming my customary indecision about everyone and everything to select this one.

[Yes]

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

THINK FAST!

I need one more male character to try out to be a BFN for JanJan.

Whoever posts a male applicant next is in.

I've begun drawing the first round. Pretty fun ya'll!

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     

Ron-Karr

2. Why?

Because Ron wants to prove, finally, that he is good enough.

Ron teaching Janice origami

4. Where should they go?

Nine Planets Ice Cream Shop

Old Legion Flight belts

An Eye Monster Eye Monster image

7. What else?

To be clear, this is super-flat Ron-Karr from the comics and not shape-shifter Ron-Karr from the animated series.

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Thanks, Quis!

Stay tuned for the first round.....

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

cleome46
or you can do the confusion 'til your head falls off

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Quislet, Esq.:

4. Where should they go?

Nine Planets Ice Cream Shop

And a gaggle of Bismollians walk in while R-K is impersonating a cone ? Oh, the carnage !

[faints]

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Okay, the 10 semi-finalists have appeared in "promo" holos with Janice. Now, please choose whichever 5 contestants you think should be REJECTED.

The remaining 5 will become the finalists and will go on fabulous holo adventures with Jan.

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.