Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » The HMSB Discussion Thread (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: The HMSB Discussion Thread
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
Lana and Nila look so cute - very girl next door. Glorith captures the ice queen look. And Mysa seems to be part of the snowstorm.

Capt. Frake just left me cold. Bye-bye Captain.

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
Nila looks sensibly dressed, but not as treacly as Lana. Glorith is amazing. Mysa is very dynamic, embracing the storm. Frakes is looking kind of butch, with the jacket, but it works for her. I think I like Nila best, for that 'girl-next-door' look.

My vote is to boot Lana. She looks too 'cute.' I'm not buying it!

Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sketch Lad           Edit/Delete Post     
Aw, I almost forgot how fun this is!

Okay, so, so far we have 2 votes to eliminate Frake and 1 to eliminate Lana.

Polls remain open.....

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
It is great to have this back, thanks Sketchy!

Just in time for Christmas, I get to make catty comments about people's hair and outfits. How festive!

Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Well, they have put themselves up for judging. To quote one of the models from Tyra's little version of this idea,
"It's America's Next Top Model, not Next Best Friend!"

I have to admit, I find that stuff annoying, yet SO intriguing. I always wonder how people I know would fare in such a setting.

BTW, this does NOT indicate that I'd be interested in showing that stuff for Holo Model competitions. I touched on it at the 1st Anniversary Special, but it was just one panel scenarios.

Anyway, polls remain open, though I'm eager to get started on the next challenge (and its judging).

So far, it looks like Frake is getting close to walking the plank!

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Thriftshop Debutante
Terrifyingly On-Topic.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Thriftshop Debutante           Edit/Delete Post     
My girl Mysa looks fifty feet tall, nifty!

See, I rather like Nila's picture. It makes me think of the really great photo even a complete amateur with a cheapo camera (like, you know, me) will luck into every once in a while. Don't read that as a knock -- it's not. It's kind of relaxed, a little unexpected from Miss Take-Charge.

BUT...no one has knocked my moon boots off. Hey, isn't #2 supposed to try harder? I expect more of all who advance!

Since someone has to be out...Frake.

Sketch Lad
Advisor

Merry Christmas!

Well... not for Captain Frake!

The next challenge will be posted soon (not today!).

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Mystery Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mystery Lad   Email Mystery Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Drat it! Well, it wouldn't be one of Sketch Lad's holo-competitions if I didn't miss voting for a round or two.

I think I would've excluded either Glorith or Mysa. Two white manes is one too many in this size field.

I really liked Lana's.

Good to see this back in play, Dean.

From: Knoxville, TN | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Everyone remembered Wondil IX, right?

The next round will feature locations from the Legion's archives as well...

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
And what's going on with Janice Warren, one wonders...

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
Yes, first Janice seems to know about the model contest and then she doesn't.

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Please name the Holo Model you think was not Pretty in Pink on an Eerie, Barren Planetoid.

Yeah, what is going on with Jan? Ah the judges and their drama!

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Caliente
Honoring the Primary Color Gang

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Caliente   Email Caliente         Edit/Delete Post     
Out, out to Glorith!

--------------------
Abin: You know what to do with a Cali sandwich? No but neither do Cobie and CJ!
CJ: Yeah, we do. She's smiling, isn't she?

Context... who needs it?

From: Sunny Cali-- er, Planet Earth? | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
Glorith gets my vote out, although she looked remarkably true to form.

Nila was quite daring, as was Mysa for her personality. Trust Lana to go for the 50s look - you did wonders with her hair!

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

I think Glorith was the best looking of all. Pink isn't her color for sure, but she makes the best of it. Lana looks like she is recycling her prom dress. She looks great, but know she just has to phone it in, so she does.

And if pink isn't Glorith's color, Mysa should not even stand next to someone wearing pink. And to answer Kin'thea as to why Mysa is hunched over, it is obvious that she was just vomiting behind that rock.

And Nila, heroin chic was so 20th century. I didn't think it was a good look then and the years haven't changed that opinion.

So, who to vote off? Nila or Mysa? Coin flip time. Heads Mysa, tails Nila

Tails. Bye bye Nila

--------------------

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.