Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » Legion Mini Busts and Statues (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Legion Mini Busts and Statues
Jesse321
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jesse321   Author's Homepage   Email Jesse321         Edit/Delete Post     
They're made from various matierials but the figures are mostly made from Super Sculpey

-

After they're baked they're like cement, the pieces are then molded and castings are made from them molds.

From: Sunrise, FL | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jesse321
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jesse321   Author's Homepage   Email Jesse321         Edit/Delete Post     
Here is what each model kit looks like after it's been molded and cast

-

From: Sunrise, FL | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jesse321
Applicant

Here is a picture of the Wildfire that I just finished painting.

-

Jesse321
Applicant

Finally got Dawnstar finished.

-

-

-

Omni Craig
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Omni Craig   Email Omni Craig         Edit/Delete Post     
Wow Jesse, this stuff is absolutely incredible!!! DC is really missing out on some talent here, between you and your friend! Keep 'em coming!! I love that your attention to detail even included flight rings, like the one for Mon-El that is barely noticable (unless you are looking)!!

How long does the whole process take, from concept to completed piece (painted and all)?

--------------------
Craig C.

- Time travel stories are told in chronillogical order.

From: Santa Ana, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jesse321
Applicant

Designing is the easiest and most fun part of the process. Sculpting, depending on the amount of detail involved could be a couple of days to a couple of months ... Dawnstar has been 4 months in just the sculpting because the sculptor has a FT job as well. Casting takes about a month or so and painting on a kit like Dawnstar will take about 12 to 15 hours. Painting on Wildfire and Monel was about 3 hours.

Next up will be Karate Kid in Mini Bust forum.

If anyone is interested in getting copies of the kits, let me know.

Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
I'd love one myself, especially if you guys ever get around to doing Lightning Lad or even a set of busts of the Founders. What would it take to get a copy of one of the kits, like the Dawnstar one? I'd probably have a great time painting it (used to do my own greenware at one time). Acrylic paints work?
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jesse321
Applicant

I make and extremely limited amount of copies of these pieces available as kits, it helps pay to keep the line going ... just send me a private if you want details.

The next 3 mini busts in the line will be Shadow Lass, Karate Kid and Dream Girl .... after that we're going to do the founders (Cos, LL and SG) [Smile]

superboymddjr
Quiet member

Icon 1 posted      Profile for superboymddjr   Email superboymddjr         Edit/Delete Post     
say, do you do the commission work? If not, oh darn that's okay.

and also, would you be willing to sell them on Ebay? As similar to the guy who made T-shirts on legionnaires symbol like Timber Wolf, Sun Boy, Ferro Lad, and Ultra Boy - he sells them for 20 dollars....but I am sure that your work will cost more than that. I would like to *gulp* (guilty....) see you do with Dream Girl and Karate Kid (which version?) and buy them. *grin*

From: Hayward, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Askanipsion
Telepath

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Askanipsion   Author's Homepage   Email Askanipsion         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Jesse321:
Dream Girl ....

I would buy a Dream Girl one in a second!!
From: South Florida | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jesse321
Applicant

quote:
Originally posted by superboymddjr:
say, do you do the commission work? If not, oh darn that's okay.

and also, would you be willing to sell them on Ebay? As similar to the guy who made T-shirts on legionnaires symbol like Timber Wolf, Sun Boy, Ferro Lad, and Ultra Boy - he sells them for 20 dollars....but I am sure that your work will cost more than that. I would like to *gulp* (guilty....) see you do with Dream Girl and Karate Kid (which version?) and buy them. *grin*

All the pieces I'm doing will be in the Mike Grell / Dave Cockrum era costumes ... I don't take commissions anymore because I have so many pieces in the works at the moment.
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.