Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » The Secret Society (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: The Secret Society
Harbinger
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Harbinger   Email Harbinger         Edit/Delete Post     
Hey bone-idle boy, you going to keep us in suspenders over this or what? (correct answer - "no!" just in case you wondered [Big Grin] )

Repeat after me - more, more, more!!!

--------------------
"Tempus Fugitive" the final part of the Adventures of Dream Boy series, set in the Three-Boot Universe. Read it only in the Bits o' Legionnaire Business Forum.

From: here, more often than not | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mattropolis

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mattropolis   Author's Homepage   Email Mattropolis         Edit/Delete Post     
More this weekend... I hope.

--------------------
Touch the magic...

From: Morganfield, KY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mattropolis

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mattropolis   Author's Homepage   Email Mattropolis         Edit/Delete Post     
Charlie woke up with a severe hangover. As usual for him, he wasn't exactly sure what his current location was. He sighed slightly, smelling the delicious aroma of eggs and bacon.

"Here we go again..."

He got out of bed, quickly locating his designer jeans, buttoning them as Malachi entered.

"Oh, you're awake!" The earnest smile on Mal's face made Charlie feel the familiar pang of guilt for what he was about to do. "I made breakfast!"

"That's nice. But I really gotta run." Beat. Malachi shifted gears so loudly that Charlie could almost hear them. "Oh. That's ok then. I'm not a really good cook anyway." Mal still managed a slight smile, but he knew what was coming next. They always did.

"I'd give you my number," Charlie stated matter-of-factly, his voice a droning monotone. "But I'm going to be out town for awhile."

"I see."

"Well, I gotta run, Mal. Thanks for the terrific night. I had a good time."

"Yeah. Me too..." The familiar dance concluded, Charlie left. After leaving the three story building, Charlie paused and looked up at Malachi's window. "I'm sorry," he whispered...

Previously

"I'm sorry that Green Lantern couldn't meet you himself."

"No problem, kid." She watched the man known as Golden Eagle hovering in front of her. "But how are you involved in all of this?"

"Quite by accident," he answered. ""The JSA is looking for anyone who can help with the current situation."

"Which is what exactly?!" Libby was not amused. Sending Golden Eagle as a messenger? What the hell is going on?

"I know you have questions."

"Ya think?"

"I really don't have any answers myself. I was told to meet you here and to wait for our contact. That's all I know."

Libby didn't like this. Not one bit. But she would bide her time and wait. Obviously, the Golden Pigeon didn't have any answers."

Golden Eagle simply stared at her. "I'm sorry," he whispered. I a series of quick movements, he struck the unsuspecting heroine over the head. Liberty Belle was unconscious.

A beeping noise came from his shiny helmet. He pressed a button on the earpiece.

"Did you do it?" Came the robotic, yet strangely feminine voice.

"Yeah, I fucking did it. Are you happy now?"
Charlie hated this. But he owed his life to the organization. They had saved him after the Titans had left him for dead. They figured he owed themm, and he did. But to ensure that loyalty, they would occasionally play their trump card.

If he didn't cooperate with them, they would butcher the love of his life.

Charlie remembered how hard he had prayed while being strangled by the Wildebeest. He prayed for a second chance. He didn't relaly believe in God, but he was desperate.

But now, Charlie realized that the old saying was indeed true...

"Be careful what you wish for, you just might get it." The Golden Eagle flew off into the sky. It was just about time for happy hour...

--------------------
Touch the magic...

From: Morganfield, KY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vee
Still smoooooth!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vee   Email Vee         Edit/Delete Post     
*british accent on*

Please sir, may I have more?

*british accent off*

--------------------
"Hey Jim! Get Mon out of the Zone!! And...when do we get Condo back?"

From: Paragon City on patrol | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mattropolis

Frances Kane smiled brightly at herself in the mirror. It was a beautiful day. And Frances was able to enjoy it without having one of her... episodes. In fact, it had been awhile since she had a single "impure" thought.

She looked back at everything she had been through the past few years. After losing her brother and father many years ago, Frances was raised by her mother. But unfortunately for Frances, mommy dearest had been unable to forgive Frances for surviving. After that, things got worse...

Her ability to manipulate the earth's magnetic fields was somehow tapped into by some stupid Green Lantern villian, Dr. Polaris. Her powers went berzerk and caused alot of damage. She regained control of them long enough to aid the Titans several times, most notably against Brother Blood.

But then, STAR labs had requested that she do some tests there. Unfortunately, she was made a sleeper agent of a rogue scientist at the facility. Not long after that, Raven had gone rogue, using former Titans as hosts for Trigon's seed.

Frances never really recovered from that. It had been the straw that finally broke Frances Kane.

--------------------
Touch the magic...

Mattropolis

Frances had been mentally ambushed so many times that she had finally snapped. She had tried to kill Wally West and his wife Linda several times, finally partnering up with the "good" Rogues.

But even they didn't know that she had been contacted by someone else. Someone who had offered to help her. She just had to do one tiny favor for him...

Previously

Liberty Belle woke up with a pounding headache. As her vision cleared, she guardedly started looking around for a sign of life. There was no one there. She was still on the ground outside the cave. Why Golden Eagle didn't finish the job was a mystery. She intended to get to the bottom of it, when another costumed woman showed up.

"What is this, third string hero night?" She asked aloud of the female in purple and white.

"I hate to mention the obvious, but you're here too."

"I'm not first string, not anymore. But once upon a time..."

"Save the yearning for someone sensitive to that crap. I don't care if you once married the President himself!"

"Well, aren't you a bitchy young thing. Reminds me of my daughter." Liberty Belle hoped that she was ready this time. If she was ambushed again, she would be ready.

"Your supposed to come with me inside the cave. By the way, you can call me Magenta."

"Magenta? Like the color? You've got to be kidding me. Where's your partner, Fushia?"

She sensed that she was pissing of the young girl. Good. Maybe she would get sloppy if she got too angry. Easier to fight...

They walked slowly into the cave, past the old security entrance and finally made their way into the holding cell area.

Without a word, Magenta waived her hands in the air, and Libby found herself flying into one of the cells. With another waive of her hand, Magenta slammed the door behind Libby, locking it.

So much for not being taken by surprise...

Magenta was wearing a full face mask, but LIbby was almost positive she could see a smile underneath the cloth.

--------------------
Touch the magic...

Mattropolis

Thom had hoped to get solace from jack, but nothing would bring Nura back. She was lost to him... forever.

That said, the 21st century wasn't that bad. The clothes were kinda funky and it took some practice to get used to speaking in English, rather than Interlac. Plus, he was looking forward to joining the Justice League. He knew from the history books that he would become a key member at some point in the "future".

But where should he start now? It only took him a few minutes to decide. He would meet up with Ralph Dibny, history said the two would become best friends. Now seemed like a good time to start...

--------------------
Touch the magic...

Mattropolis

Cindy Reynolds was on the prowl. Her latest intel shows that Despero had recently been on Earth and she was determined to find him. She knew that Jonn would never approve of her actions but she couldnt help herself.

"That pink bastard killed my family. Just to get me."

And that was the heart of it, really. Even though Despero had been the one to kill her family, it was really her fault. If she had never been Gypsy, her family would never have been in danger. In a way, it was as much her fault as it was Despero's.

For the longest time, she had been too terrified to even think about revenge. Despero was, after all, immensely powerful. But nightmare after nightmare, she realized that the fear of Despero was worse than Despero himself. That's where he gets his power. If she wasn't afraid anymore, she could beat him. And if she could beat him, she could destroy him.

But not as Gypsy. As much as she wanted to, Cindy just didn't have the raw power that she would need.

That's when fate gave her the opportunity she had been looking for.

Previously

"where'd that fushia girl go?' Libby Lawrence said to herself.

"shhhhhhh..." A voice from nowhere. Great.

"Who's there?"

"My name is Gypsy. I used to be in the JLA." Libby watched as the girl became visible right outside her cell. "Give me a second, and I'll get you out of here."

"What is it with all these heroes I've never heard of?"

"I don't know what you mean. But if you hang on just a second more, I'll have you free."

And she did, soon Libby was walking alongside the half visible girl. "I get it, this is some kind of joke right? My daughter put you up to this?"

"This is no joke, ma'am. I don't know what is happening here. I received a signal that someone had broken into our old headquarters and I came her to investigate. I saw what happened to you, but camoflaged myself until I was in a position to help you."

"Do you think the other Justice Leaguers received the same signal? Why didn't they come too?"

"I-I don't know. I haven't talked to Jonn or any of the others in weeks. Well, this is the end of the tunnel, I suggest getting out of here as quickly as you can."

"As soon as I get home, I'm calling my daughter."

"Your daughter?"

"jesse Quick. We haven't been getting aloong very well lately."

"I think that's a good idea." With that, the ghost girl disappeared into the shadows.

--------------------
Touch the magic...

Harbinger
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Harbinger   Email Harbinger         Edit/Delete Post     
Matt! Great to see you writing again, your stories have been greatly missed!

I'm hooked again - more, more, more!

--------------------
"Tempus Fugitive" the final part of the Adventures of Dream Boy series, set in the Three-Boot Universe. Read it only in the Bits o' Legionnaire Business Forum.

From: here, more often than not | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.