Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » Crisis on Earth-4! (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Crisis on Earth-4!
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
Meanwhile, across space, Portfolio Girl desperately tried to contact the other SMBers, when suddenly she was swallowed by a giant space whale!

But what was even more unexpected was who she met inside the whale! It was none other than...

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Faraway Lad
Senator of the UP. Permanent Ambassador to the Court of Saint James

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Faraway Lad   Email Faraway Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Faraway Lad and a mysterious other who vanished through a doorway before Portfolio Girl could see him/her clearly.

Looking around at the fine wood panelling, the comfortable leather chesterfield’s, Chippendale tables and a roaring log fire, Pofo Girl felt a little dizzy.

“Here my dear” said a concerned Faraway “let me help you to a chair. You look a little confused, here have a drink” and he poured a small glass of Port from a sparkling crystal decanter.

“bbut…bbut….” Said Pofo Girl

“easy, now take you time you have had a major shock to your diachronomezon particles, it can be a little unsettling at first” say Faraway in a low voice.

“bbut I was just swallowed by a space whale and you are trying to tell me you live here?”

“live here” said Faraway, “no we don’t live hear, but Horace (that’s his name by the way) sometimes lets us stay a while when we need to be alone. We actually live in the centre of faraway. This room is part of my home which can be here and faraway at the same time. I find it restful”

“but” continued Faraway, “enough of that, tell me why you were out here in this sector of space?”

“Well” said Pofo Girl

[ June 02, 2004, 02:50 AM: Message edited by: Faraway Lad ]

--------------------
Faithfull

From: Newcastle upon Tyne England | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
"Well" said Pofo Girl, as she began to relay what happened to the three SMBers at the Hootchie Hut. Afte finishing, the ravishing young beauty asked, "Where do we go from here?" followed up by a sudden "And is that who I think it is?!", as Faraway's mysterious friend entered the room...
---------------
Meanwhile, at the SMBer HQ, which was a satellite orbiting space, some SMBers began gathering for the coming meeting.

Seahorse, the witty female leader of the SMB turned to Ratmage, her lover, and Monkey-Eater Lad. Suddenly, Ratmage felt a chill, and almost fell to the ground!

"What is it Stu?" said ME Lad, as Seahorse held onto her lover!

"I'm not sure...but I felt strange...as if someone was trying to contact me from afar..."

As Ratmage got back up to his feet, he couldn't shake off the strange feeling of menace that stayed with him...

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Invisible Brainiac           Edit/Delete Post     
Meanwhile, Thora and Golden Shower had Invisible Brainiac chained to a wall. They had finished their recreation time and now they were getting ready to torture him!

"The chocolate syrup and whipped cream are ready." Thora said with glee as she savored the thought of causing this male pain.

"And if he still doesn't talk, we will give him to the brainwashed and very aroused Salad Tosser Lad!" Golden Shower said.

"Are you sure you don't want to continue your little slumber party?" IB said. "I think that would be the worse torture."

"Do not try to fool us!" said Thora, slapping him across the face. "Any idiot could see that you would actualy enjoy that punishment!" she added, gestuirng to his, er, nether regions. "But no matter, in just a few minutes- we will begin!"

--------------------
Loss: How does the galaxy cope w/o the Postboot Legion?

Titans Idol - vote for your favorite Titans members!

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester

At that very moment, Marty Lash, the SMBer formerly known as Lash Lad, and his lovely wife Linda, the SMBer formerly known as Stretchable Lass, were having a barbeque!

Given that they'd both retired from super-heroing, most of their guests were just ordinary folks from the neighborhood, but one former colleague was in attendance. Marty had a habit of inviting Eryk Davis Ester, the bumbling mascot of the SMB, to all of his parties. Eryk, while a bit of a doofus, nonetheless commanded one of the most powerful forces in the universe! By speaking the magic phrase "Jeepers!", he could summon one of the powerful Luck Lords to do his bidding.

"You sure are lucky to be married to a swell girl like Linda," Eryk says to Marty.

"Yeah... but if only she'd kept her powers..." Marty replies.

While Eryk tries to figure out what Marty means by this, the guests are suddenly startled to see...

[ June 05, 2004, 12:58 PM: Message edited by: Eryk Davis Ester ]

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Faraway Lad
Senator of the UP. Permanent Ambassador to the Court of Saint James

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Faraway Lad   Email Faraway Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
That a man can prepare and cook a perfect barbecue as Marty produced the perfect beef burger for Eryk to try. I mean come on guys a BBQ beef burger without the black burnt bits? Its definitely suspicious......

--------------------
Faithfull

From: Newcastle upon Tyne England | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

"Jeepers!" said EDE out of excitement, "that sure looks like a tasty burger!"

Suddenly a luck lord appeared out of nowhere!

"EDE!", said Linda, "you accidently summoned a luck lord again!"

"Gosh, I didn't even mean to!" replied EDE, then adding, "um...well, I don't have much to ask Luck Lord, but can I be lucky enough to wonder know ahead of time if anything is going to ruin this BBQ?"

"Actually, something will ruin it!" said the Luck Lord to a gasping Marty, Linda and Eryk! "You're about to get a surprise visit from your old friends...

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Abin Quank
Except when I'm someone else...

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Abin Quank           Edit/Delete Post     
"Lightning Lass, Saturn Guy and Twilightcrawler, the founders of the SMB. They will bring with them some... URK"

A strange expression crossed the Luck Lord's face as he stared at something far off in the distance. Suddenly a green energy beam enveloped him and he vanished.

"Anyone want another burger," Lash asked no-one in particular.

"Anybody seen my lil' Nelly cap?" said EDE

--------------------
Just an Old, Broke-Down, Drunk, Bum!!

With a Power Ring...

From: Westerly Rhode Island | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester

"Lil' nelly cap?" Linda asks. "What are you talking about Eryk?"

"My cap... I was just wearing it a few minutes ago," Eryk replies. "By the way, I don't think we've met."

"What do mean, silly?" Lash asks. "That's my wife, Linda. You were best man at our wedding!"

"W-wedding...?" Eryk says, confused. Then he bursts out laughing. "Is this some kind of joke, Lash? You... marrying a girl?"

Just then, as predicted by the Luck Lord, the three founders of the SMB appeared on the scene and...

Abin Quank
Except when I'm someone else...

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Abin Quank           Edit/Delete Post     
Began to help themselves to Linda's world famous Potatoe and Tomatoe Salad. With them was a rather large black and white cat who generate began rubbing up against EDE's legs.

EDE stared at the cat for a second with a rather bemused look on his face then finally, after alternating between scratching his head and looking for his cap said...

--------------------
Just an Old, Broke-Down, Drunk, Bum!!

With a Power Ring...

From: Westerly Rhode Island | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

"...where am I?"

Meanwhile...

Earth-1

Eryk Davis Ester fell to the ground for a moment, as a green glow surrounded him. Unbeknonst to either EDE, the Earth-4 EDE and Earth-1 EDE's had switched places, after EDE of Earth-4 summoned a luck lord. Once in EDE's control, the Luck Lord senses the evil plans of Thora and the Trumpeter and realized immediatley that something had to be done. Without even being asked, since the Earth-4 EDE would never have thought of it, the Luck Lord switched the two to provide both the LMB and the SMB a lucky oppurtunity to get a head start.

The Earth-4 EDE looked up and was shocked. Cobalt Kid, Harbinger, Spellbinder and Varalent approached him. Previously, EDE of Earth-1 was on a new space mission with these four LMBers and suddenly collapsed to the floor!

"Eryk! What's wrong?" asked Cobalt

"C-Cobalt? B-but, you're dead! When did you come back?!" asked a shocked Earth-4 EDE!

"Huh? Eryk, what are you talking about, you're not making any sense!" replied Varalent

"Who are you?" asked EDE of Earth-4, although Varalent and the LMB had no idea that there was no Varalent on Earth-4! Vee's Earth-4 counterpart was actually a small time shop-owner who never gained extraordinary power!

"Maybe I should slap him around?" asked Harbinger, not willing to let this bit of dialogue go any longer.

"No, something is wrong here," said Cobalt, "his aura seems a bit off. I can sense it," as he used his new found spiritual powers to gaze into EDE's aura.**

"Shh, EDE..." whispered Spellbinder, using her power to but the frightened SMBer to sleep, as he fell into Harbinger's arms. "Well bring him to Doctor One and get to the bottom of this. Something is wrong here."

The LMBers returned to Legion World to learn what was truly happening...

Back on Earth-4...

---------

**see "LMB Onevision: the Price of Security" for details!

[ June 08, 2004, 08:33 AM: Message edited by: Cobalt Kid ]

Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Interlude

Earth-4, Thora's labratory

Golden Shower left to rejoin the Trumpter, Glamour Puss and Lard Lord in the meeting room to discuss the final plans for their ascension to Earth-1--where they would find the Emerald Nelly Cap of Ekron and gain control of both Earths.

Earlier, Thora had stumbled across the existence of this Earth in her scientific studies. Searching for her long-lost daughter Amber, she found a series of energy signatures that revealed inter-dimensional travel between the two Earth's at two points, one fifteen years ago (when she believed she lost her daughter), and one only two years ago (when Umber travelled to Earth-1, unbeknownst to her).

Calling upon the Trumpeter, the great evil mastermind, they formulated the plan to conquer both Earths by using the SMBer Faraway Lad to transport them. While the Stalker and SBoS were doing that, Thora smiled at this new oppurtuniity.

Invisible Brainiac lay unconscious and in bondage against the wall. His capture was a sudden and amazing oppurtunity that she had not considered. With her technology, she could use his light powers to create an even more powerful weapon--something that might finally destroy the one she hated more than anything and get her revenge. She would use Invisible Brainiac to destroy Lard Lord, even if it meant destroying this Earth-1 in the process.

End interlude
------------------
Meanwhile...

Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Meanwhile, Seahorse had not been idle after watching her lover collapse the way he had. She'd seen him in action before, and new that any premonitions he had were important, so she began assembling as many SMBers as she could, despite a recent drop in the membership.

She sighed, despite knowing that a good amount of SMBers were assembling. Outdoor Miner, Atypical Lass and Sonnie Bloke had just shown up to join herself, Ratmage and Monkey-Eater Lad. Still, she thought about a few other changes that had occured in recent months:

-Numf-El, a longtime SMBer, had been elected Presdient of the UP, and was beginning to ignite his own policies for world peace. Although things were still interesting on that front, he hardly had the time to spare.

-Grey Birdboy and Danny Blaine, while on a mission for the SMB, had encountered the Switheroo Bandit. The Bandit was able to surprise them, and got the upper hand by permanantly switching their powers. Danny Blaine, now with tracking abilities, left the SMB to persue his writing carreer. Grey Birdboy, however, was able to adapt at having his newfound abilities to make things heavy, and gladly took on the new moniker "Kid Heavyfeathers", as a tribute to his wings and newfound abilities.

Seahorse smiled as Kid Heavyfeathers arrived. She did wonder however, where Portfolio Girl was...

Eryk Davis Ester

She did wonder, however, where Portfolio Girl was, which was ironic, considering Portfolio Girl couldn't believe where she was! First, to watch as Invisible Brainiac and Salad-Tosser Lad were kidnapped by Lard Lord and other assorted villains, then to be suddenly swallowed by a space-whale, and then to find out that that space whale was named Horace and sometimes served as a retreat for Faraway Lad and... well, she still couldn't believe that the other person she had just encountered.

"You see," Faraway told her, "when we left the SMB, we knew this day would eventually come. The Axis of Evil are planning to use me to help them gain control of the last piece of the Emerald Outfit of Ek'kron, but... what they don't realize, is that there are greater forces at play than are anticipating. It was no accident that we arranged for Amber and the Emerald Nelly Cap to be sent to Earth-1. If what we believe is going to happen in fact occurs, it will take the heroes of both Earth's to contain the menace."

"I don't understand," Pofo Girl responds. "What could be so great that the SMB couldn't handle it?"

"We are speaking of," the other former SMBer responded, "nothing less than the return of Ek'kron himself!"

"*Gasp*!" Pofo Girl gasped.

Meanwhile, back at the Barbeque...

[ June 10, 2004, 12:34 PM: Message edited by: Eryk Davis Ester ]

Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Meanwhile, back at the Barbeque EDE continued to check out the scenary as he finished his third helping of Potato and Tomato salad. Twilight Crawler, Lightning Lass and Saturn Guy oohed and aahed to Linda for such a delicious treat, although Marty looked at EDE funny.

"Eryk, what's wrong?" said the Earth-4 Lash.

"Um...Lash, I don't know how to tell you this..." responded EDE, "but...um...you're, ah, gay."

"Ha!," said Lash, "you crack me up Eryk! Next thing you know, you'll tell me I don't ever wear pants!"

EDE stared at Lash. "Where am I?" he asked.

The black and white cat at EDE's legs suddenly spoke up. "Maybe I can be of assistance here," it said. "Something is obviously wrong."

"Whatever you say Stupendous Mountain Lion," said Lash to the cat, "you're wit and fighting prowess have bailed us out of many a conundrum!"

Stupendous Mountain Lion (the Earth-4 Stoopid Cat for all those keeping track) breathed deeply and spoke. "It appears that this is not Eryk Davis Ester after-all."

"Me?" said EDE, "I think it might be you all who are out of place."

"No, I think not..." said SML, "Saturn Guy, read this young man's mind, so we might be able to get some grasp of what's happening here."
-----------
Meanwhile, the Stalker and the SBoS finally reached their destination. "Here," said the Stalker, "is where we'll set our trap..."

[ June 10, 2004, 12:44 PM: Message edited by: Cobalt Kid ]

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.