Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » Gallery of Frog Kid...er, King - The Return (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 9 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9   
Author Topic: Gallery of Frog Kid...er, King - The Return
Bevis
Feeling nostalgic

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bevis   Email Bevis         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Frog Kid:
Some of you can help me: how can you make a nice starfield?

Very, very nice drawings David. Especially like the Triad one and the fact that all three girls have quite different physiques suited to their characters. And Brainy is fabulous too. [Big Grin]

As for the starfield, I presume you did it the way that i did it the first time I drew characters with starfield costumes (Mon and Troia) which is to sort of paint the ink around where you want the stars to go so leaving them white. If so you'll know it's hideously time consuming and doesn't always leave the best results. Now however I have a really secret trick. Shhh, don't tel anyone.... white ink. Simple as that. Didn't occur to me for ages until Steve Sadowski (I think, might have been Phil Jimenez) mentioned it. Basically ink the whole area of the starfield completely black and then when it's dry use a small brush and white ink to add the stars. Suddenly it gets so much easier and you can more stars in without it looking bitty. You can also do what Jinenez often does with Troia's costume which is include things like shooting stars which add a feeling of movement to the costume as well.

--------------------
Truth and Justice shall Prevail!
(Unless Tamper Lad Screws it up...)

From: Manchester, UK | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Frog King
The B^|@h is back!!!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Frog King   Email Frog King         Edit/Delete Post     
Thanks.

For my starfield, I used ink and later painted the star with "gouache", but I found the gouache not clean enough. I never thought of white ink!

From: Berlin | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TriSaber
Pre-Zero Hour Fanatic

Icon 10 posted      Profile for TriSaber   Email TriSaber         Edit/Delete Post     
I do all my inking digitally in a vector-based drawing program, so it's easy for me to create a fill pattern in Coreldraw by manipulating the values.

I had to figure this out for when the time comes do render Star Boy and the Infinite Man.

[ December 03, 2003, 08:17 AM: Message edited by: TriSaber ]

--------------------
Saving the world ... one pixel at a time.

From: Canada | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Star Boy
Cat Clan Commander

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Star Boy   Email Star Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Traid is awesome - very 'sub-continent'. [Wink]

Dawny in space is inspired too...

--------------------
Wayne@OZ

From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arachne
Bookworm

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Arachne   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Really beautiful. [Smile]

--------------------
arachne3003.deviantart.com
Current Obsession: Birds of Prey/Secret Six

From: Canada | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brown Legion
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brown Legion   Author's Homepage   Email Brown Legion         Edit/Delete Post     
wow

nice pics Frog Kid

i really like that costume you gave Triad

and Dawny rocks too (sigh. wish she had survived the reboot...)

--------------------
L.L.L. (Long Live the Legion!)

"Eat it, Grandpa!"

From: 31st Century Jackson | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Frog King
The B^|@h is back!!!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Frog King   Email Frog King         Edit/Delete Post     
Thanks, guys.

Here is a sketck of Tellus I still need to ink...

(Image deleted because of the inked version seen below)

[ December 10, 2003, 02:33 AM: Message edited by: Frog Kid ]

From: Berlin | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Harbinger
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Harbinger   Email Harbinger         Edit/Delete Post     
Very good! I think thats the best fan pic of Tellus I've seen

--------------------
"Tempus Fugitive" the final part of the Adventures of Dream Boy series, set in the Three-Boot Universe. Read it only in the Bits o' Legionnaire Business Forum.

From: here, more often than not | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Frog King
The B^|@h is back!!!

quote:
Originally posted by Harbinger:
Very good! I think thats the best fan pic of Tellus I've seen

Thanks, Harbinger. I think I will have to make small change to his chest and back(maybe enlarge it). I'm still not sure. And I know that Quislet will appear on the final image(he was drawn on a different page).
TriSaber
Pre-Zero Hour Fanatic

Icon 14 posted      Profile for TriSaber   Email TriSaber         Edit/Delete Post     
Ooh ... very well done. Makes me wanna tackle Tellus next ... but I got a few ahead of him.

--------------------
Saving the world ... one pixel at a time.

From: Canada | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vee
Still smoooooth!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vee   Email Vee         Edit/Delete Post     
Wow, what a great Tellus! Can't wait to see the final version!

--------------------
"Hey Jim! Get Mon out of the Zone!! And...when do we get Condo back?"

From: Paragon City on patrol | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Frog King
The B^|@h is back!!!

I finally inked the Tellus Sketch. Sorry for the poor quality of the scan. Keep in mind I'm still learning the use of brush for the inking, so everything is not as clean as I'd like.

-

Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Very nice job! Especially if you are still learning to use the brush.

And I like the addition of Quislet. Two of my favorite Steve Lightle creations.

From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Frog King
The B^|@h is back!!!

quote:
Originally posted by Lightning Lad:
Very nice job! Especially if you are still learning to use the brush.

Well, thanks. I began inking with a brush 15 days ago.

quote:
And I like the addition of Quislet. Two of my favorite Steve Lightle creations.
I love them, too. I could even say I miss them.
Blockade Boy
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blockade Boy   Email Blockade Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Triad is so sweet!

I love the camera angle that you chose for Tellus. Very powerful. Suitable for framing as we say.

Maybe Scott could find a way to make a wallpaper with it? [Big Grin] It would look great on my computer.

From: East Toledo | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 9 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.