Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » RPM Discussion Thread (Page 18)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 25 pages: 1  2  3  ...  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  23  24  25   
Author Topic: RPM Discussion Thread
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sketch Lad           Edit/Delete Post     
Pulsar 6
Gim 5
Lazon 4
IK2 3
Gas Girl 3
Lydda 1

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mystery Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mystery Lad   Email Mystery Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
This was hard, but...

Pulsar looked a tad... inappropriate in tightie wighties in front of presidents. Not that they were his presidents, but still. Actually, it could be that that makes it even worse. Nice attitude and pose, though.

Dawnie-- the ocean looked beautiful beneath her and I liked her outfit, but there was something just a bit too arrogant in the tilt of her chin. Yet, I can't help liking that about it.

Gim-- I like the idea of him growing to a height to match the Stratolab... he even looks like he's concentrating on growing some more, as he's held in stiffly. Love the shorts, though.

Gas Girl and Night Girl are the best, this round, for me. GG looks a nanosecond away from a Lucy/Ethel comic scene, for some reasons. NG very much eclipses her surroundings. Maybe there should be points off for that? Nah...

Jacques is fresh and appealing. This should be an ad for something or other. The tourism board of _____? Some would take exception to that, I guess.

Lazon-- great expression and a good marriage of subject and background. What's he wearing though? Makes you wonder, doesn't it?

Sigh-- I vote off Pulsar Stargrave and Dawnstar. But I don't wanna do it!!!!

From: Knoxville, TN | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Lazon-- great expression and a good marriage of subject and background. What's he wearing though? Makes you wonder, doesn't it?
Perhaps this explains his mischievous grin. He's 'evening out his tan.'
Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Pulsar 7
Gim 5
Lazon 4
IK2 3
Gas Girl 3
Lydda 1
Dawny 1

DINGDINGDINGDINGDINGDINGDINGDINGDINGDINGDING!!!!!

PULSAR STARGRAVE IS FIRST TO GET SEVEN VOTES!!

He's REJECTED!!!!!! We haven't had a surprise twist in a while, so I figured it was time for one....

Please, any further voters, choose from the other six, since Pulsar Stargrave has hit the magic number. Those polls remain open.

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Dain
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dain   Email Dain         Edit/Delete Post     
Late and puffing here's my vote (I guess I can only vote to reject one now).

Dawnie (even though it kind of feels strange to reject anyone of them).
I'd expect Dawnie to fly unencumbered and happy over the open sea, not try to emulate a rather haughty stance that has nothing to do with the background. It just isn't Dawnie. My vote goes to her.

A few comments on the rest (they were all great as sketches anyway).

Dreamer(as a judge): Nura looks incredible in everything anyway. [Big Grin]

Pulsar Stargrave: I'd expect him to try to look bigger than the Pyramids, the Empire State Building, the Earth itself if he could, and that's what he went for! His pose worked for me. [Smile]

Gim: "I can be as tall as the Laboratoty. Well, almost" he seems to say slightly amused/annoyed. Heheheh. I liked him. Great composition.

Lydda: Great pose, Lydda is always cute and sexy.
I wonder whether there could have been some sort of interaction in the image between the contestant and the Global Tunnel. Am I making sense here? (Anyway she'd be my second rejection).

Jacques: Beautfiul painting, Jackques looks so happy and joyful.

Gas Girl: Always a favorite, she has the interaction I thought lacked in the Night Girl sketch. Very, very sensual. Yum!

Lazon: Kinda scary and dangerous, but also mischievous and playfully naughty. Great interaction between him and the background.
What is he wearing, though?

[ March 12, 2007, 10:24 PM: Message edited by: Dain ]

From: Somewhere in the Multiverse | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tamper Lad
With the Scarlett Faction

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tamper Lad   Email Tamper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Noooooooo My main man Pulsar was rejected...
From: Canada | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Pulsar 7--REJECTED!
Gim 5
Lazon 4
IK2 3
Gas Girl 3
Dawny 2
Lydda 1

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Sketch Lad
Advisor

I know this might seem like a super-quick voting period, but I really need to get the top five challenge going. So POLLS are CLOSED!

Pulsar Stargrave and Colossal Boy are REJECTED!

I promise the next phase of competition will not move so rapidly. It's all about my schedule.

Stay tuned for the top five!

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
Poor Gim. This isn't the first time he's been rejected.

His ultra-secret origin is that his scientist father was working on an experimental 'male enhancement formula' and Gim snuck into his lab one day and drank it on a dare.

He attempted to join the Legion with his new 'super-power,' as Enormous Schlong Boy, with the power to drop his tights and stun evildoers into shocked silence. After a few moments of stunned silence the three founders voted 2 to 1 to reject him. (Technically, twenty-three to one, but it was ruled that Garth's frantic pressing of the reject button only counted as one vote. Rokk later claimed that he had meant to also vote to reject, and just hit the wrong button. Imra patted his arm and said, "What's important is that you believe that Rokk.")

His father worked tirelessly to refine the formula, and Gim applied again with a now-proportionally enhanced anatomy as Colossal Boy.

Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blockade Boy
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blockade Boy   Email Blockade Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Gi Gi was pretty upset in the hospital during their Mars vacation from SP Academy training. I bet that's when Pops gave him the new formula. Tricky how they attempted to cover this up, making it seem as if the meteor had put him in the hospital when it was probably a sprain to the crotchal area that'd done it.

This also would explain why Gi Gi was such a smiley face in the beginning of that vacation and a Sunboy hopping tart after. She didn't exactly beg the downsized Gim not to join LSH so they could have their careers together.

I find a lot of credibility in this report.

As for Pulsar's and Gim's rejection, we should have predicted this.

Tall only works for female and non-humanoid models.

[ March 13, 2007, 01:10 PM: Message edited by: Blockade Boy ]

From: East Toledo | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Dain:

A few comments on the rest (they were all great as sketches anyway).

Dreamer(as a judge): Nura looks incredible in everything anyway. [Big Grin]

Wait til the judges start making comments.

Although Dreamy is co-host for this competition and not a judge.

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Yes, the judges will be commenting, beginning with the next challenge. (Thanks for the nice compliment, though, Dain!)

I've actually finished the pencilling and scanning. I just need to finish coloring.

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Sketch Lad
Advisor

Okay, the top five challenge is posted! The judges are with us now, and as usual, they've managed to make this all about them, however, it may surprise you to find which one is being the Drama Queen this time!

So, which model did the worst job modelling Khund Fashions by Veilmist? Please name the contestant you wish to REJECT!

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Thriftshop Debutante
Terrifyingly On-Topic.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Thriftshop Debutante           Edit/Delete Post     
There's my sweet baby!
Sketch Lad
Advisor

ROS!

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

This topic comprises 25 pages: 1  2  3  ...  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  23  24  25   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.