Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » MATTER-EATER LAD: The Series!!! (Page 17)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 43 pages: 1  2  3  ...  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  ...  41  42  43   
Author Topic: MATTER-EATER LAD: The Series!!!
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
PAGE 14

Panel 1

Mzgrzz: As you know, no sound can travel in space, so space-whales communicate by telepathically projecting "songs" to one another...

Panel 2

Mzgrzz: This device, which I have constructed by rearranging the atoms of simple stones, will allow my mighty mind to replicate the songs of space whales, and "project" them to the mind of the Super-Moby Dick...

Panel 3

Mzgrzz: Everyone should stay clear in case this doesn't work! Hannah only knows how the Super-Moby Dick will respond if I've programmed in the wrong song...

Panel 4

Mzgrzz: It seems to be working! I'm projecting a warning to stay away from this planetoid, and the Super-Moby Dick appears to be leaving!

Panel 5

The Super-Companions: Hurray! Yay for Mzgrzz!

Panel 6

Mzgrzz: Don't celebrate yet, my friends! Anti-Lad's spaceship is landing!

[ April 24, 2004, 11:06 PM: Message edited by: Eryk Davis Ester ]

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
PAGE 15

Panel 1

Mzgrzz: Yes, it is the Fatal Femmes! There's Rainbow Girl, who is particularly deadly to Shower!

Panel 2

Mzgrzz: And Dyke Damsel, whose absolute control over all things lquid makes her so dangerous to Spash!

Panel 3

Mzgrzz: Utility Girl, who can morph her body into a myriad of mechanical devices!

Panel 4

Mzgrzz: Shaggy Lass, the furry super-strong deadly monster, more beast that human!

Panel 5

Mzgrzz: And Anti-Lad herself! She came here from the far-flung future to change the past with her super-science!

Panel 6

Laster: Jeebus! A bald GIRL! What IS IT with you people?? and is that a buttcrack in her head?

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester

PAGE 16

Panel 1

Anti-Lad: Foolish super-companions! You may have been safe from us on your all-male paradise of Thrann, but in open space we have the advantage! And once it's greatest champions are destroyed, Thrann itself will be next!

Panel 2

Lester: Popping hotties! Didn't I just go through with this with that Thora chick?

Panel 3

Anti-Lad: You know Thora of Taltar, sissy male? Bah! Her foolish matriarchal alliance will never work! The crazy woman actually wants to enslave stupid males to do her bidding! Only the total elimination of men is acceptable! Starting with all of you!

Panel 4

Anti-Lad: Attack my Fatal Femmes!

Lester: Oh, jeebus!

Panel 5

(The Fatal Femmes attack!)

(Rainbow Girl projects a rainbow at Shower)
Shower: Eek! I'm vulnerable to the light force of a rainbow!

(Dyke Damsel punches Splash)
Dyke Damsel: Refusing to use your powers, eh? Well, my fists will prove as deadly as my ability to control your liquid form!

(Shaggy Lass pulls off one of Treehugger's limbs!)
Shaggy Lass: Rrrrargghhh!

(Utility Lass morphs into some sort of weapon and shoots at Mzgrzz!)
Utility Lass: I can change form faster than you can morph other objects, Mzgrzz!

(Anti-Lad presses a button on her visor)
Anti-Lad: Don't think for a second that you're safe, Shadow! One blast from my visor and the particles of your bodies will loose what little cohesion they have left!

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

PAGE 17

PANEL 1

*Lester watches the carnage*

Thought caption: Well, I see this is going badly for the Companions. I wonder why Oprah disappeared right when the action started? Maybe he had to clean his monocle. Anyhoo, guess I better do something about this...

Panel 2

Lester: This solid silver platter will deflect the rays of your visor, Anti-Lad!

Panel 3

Lester: And hurling it at Shaggy Lass will stun her temporarily!

Panel 4

Lester: My Venturan Walking Money will swarm over Rainbow Girl!

Walking Money: Meep! Meep! Meep!

Rainbow Girl: NooOOOoooo!

Panel 5

Lester: Even Utility Lass is vulnerable to the vapors of this Gas Money!

Panel 6

*throws a gold necklace bolo-style*

Lester: Looks like you're all tied up for the moment, Dyke Damsel!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Eryk Davis Ester

PAGE 18

Panel 1

Anti-Lad: Bah! I hadn't counted on the sissy one being so powerful! Retreat, my fatal femmes!

Panel 2

(The Fatal Femmes struggle to their spaceship and run away!)

The Super-Companions: Yay! Hurray for Lester!

Panel 3

(Othar comes out of the Super-Companion spaceship)

Othar: Let me offer my sincere thanks to you, Lester Spiffany! You have truly proved yourself worthy of a place in the super-companions!

Panel 4

Lester: So... let's see if I understand this. You guys are the elite defense force for an all-male paradise planet?

Splash: Yep!

Panel 5

Lester: And the creepy buttcrack-headed bald chick from the future is bent on altering the past by destroying all men in the present day?

Shadow: That's it!

Panel 6

Lester: And she especially targeted your planet because it's all-male?

Shower: You understand perfectly!

Panel 7

Lester: And you want me to join your team?

Othar: We'd very much like that!

Panel 8

Lester: Well, I guess it wouldn't hurt to at least go to your planet and check it out...

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

PAGE 19

Panel 1

caption: And before you can say "Shiny Disco Balls"...

*the Super-Companions and Lester walk among a crowd on Thrann*

Lester: So, this is Thrann. Sure are a lot of bald guys here.

Othar: *sigh!*

Panel 2

Lester: But I got to hand it to you, Oprah... people here seem to adore you guys!

Ohar: The name is OTHAR.

Lester: Yeah yeah yeah.

Panel 3

Shower: And look, Lester, not EVERYone here is a native Thrannian. See?

Panel 4

*Lester eyes a crowd of guys with hair and normal-size craniums!*

Panel 5

Lester: Popping Hotties!!! Who... is... THAT?

Panel 6

Treehugger: Ah, I see you've taken notice of Dev-Em.

--------------------

Eryk Davis Ester

PAGE 20

Panel 1

Lester: He's cute!

Shower: He should be at the special Reception Dinner in your honor tonight! If you want, I can introduce you...

Panel 2

Lester: A dinner? In my honor? And a hot guy you're going to introduce me to? This is paradise!

Panel 3

Caption: Later, that evening...

Shower: Lester, I'd like to introduce you to Dev-Em, the Kryptonian rogue!

Lester: Kryptonian? I thought they died out a millenium ago?

Panel 4

Dev-Em: Oh, that's a long story. Perhaps you'd like to hear it over dinner tomorrow night?

Panel 5

Lester (thought caption): Wowsa! Another dinner invitation! And from a cute guy nonetheless!

Lester: Why, I'd really enjoy that, I'm sure!

Panel 6

caption: The next evening...

Lester: And so... I gave the big fat guy a bunch of money, and soon he was on our side!

Dev-Em: Oh, Lester! You're so smart!

[ April 25, 2004, 09:42 AM: Message edited by: Eryk Davis Ester ]

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

PAGE 21

Panel 1

Lester: SO, why aren't you a member of the Super-Companions?

Panel 2

Dev-Em: I am, sort of. Sort of an Honorary Member.

Lester: Why's that?

Panel 3

Dev-Em: Truthfuly? I'm not much of a joiner. I've always been kind of a loner...

Lester: Wow! Deja Vu!

Dev-Em: But recently, I've desired a super-companion of my own to join me in my nomadic space-wanderings...

Panel 4

Lester: You don't say. I've felt the same way recently. Gosh, Dev, forgive me for being so bold but... you have a GREAT head of hair!

Panel 5

*Dev touches Lester's cheek*

Dev-Em: As do you, Lester. As do you.

--------------------

Eryk Davis Ester

PAGE 22

Panel 1

(Tenzil's suite)

Tenzil: Yep! I'm sure Lester'll be back in a couple of days! He's an important part of Kem Family & Friends, you know! Without him, it's kind of just Kem Family & Friend!

Panel 2

Taryn: Tenz, we still don't know why Evillo was assassinating anyone who occupied your Senate position. Until we find out, I'm not certain that you aren't still in danger...

Panel 3

Tenzil: Jumping fishhooks! Look, Evillo's deposed, his weird father and ex-wife aren't in any position to bother me! Why would anyone else possibly want to hurt me?

Panel 4

Taryn: My point is, unless we know why they wanted you dead, we can't know who else might share their goals.

Tenzil: Maybe you do have a point...

Panel 5

(Tenzil's omnicom beeps)

Tenzil: Hmm... what's this? A message? Maybe it's from Lester or Renkil!

Panel 6

Tenzil: Cancelled! We've been cancelled!?!

Next issue blurb: Next up, Tenzil gets down to business! Senate Business!

[ April 25, 2004, 10:10 AM: Message edited by: Eryk Davis Ester ]

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

OMG, I *loved* this issue!!!!

Eryk, we're on a major roll!

I reread the whole thing last night and loved it! I even think the off-panel defeat of Evillo/Malefico can be used in our favor upon the inevitable return to Tartarus!

--------------------

Eryk Davis Ester

This issue was definitely the easiest to write, and I think the best we've done so far! We've both got Lester's character down so well that what he does next just seems to flow naturally!
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

-

[ April 25, 2004, 11:50 AM: Message edited by: MLLASH ]

--------------------

Eryk Davis Ester

MATTER-EATER LAD #7

PAGE ONE

Panel 1

(Several super-heroes are pinned down by laser fire behind a steel wall, one, a female, is injured)

Caption: The planet Duar

Key Kid: Nell's unconscious, but I think she's okay...

Weight Wizard: They've got us pinned down pretty good... I don't know how we'll get out of this...

Panel 2

Itch Witch: My spells don't seem to work on them!

Took (a Durlan): I don't think they're living beings, Itch Witch! My antennae scan them as non-living androids!

Panel 3

Voice coming from the Wall: I don't think I can hold much longer...)

Panel 4

(A massive blast hits the wall, which begins to change form)

Multi-Maid: Oh no!

Panel 5

(The wall changes form to become a now-unconscious Blockade Boy; the other heroes scatter as they have now lost their protection against the laser fire, Itch Witch is hit by fire, Multi-Maid splits into three)

Panel 6

(The rest of the heroes fall before the onslaught; all except Took, who has disappeared)

Panel 7

(Several Nardo androids can be seen, their backs to the reader, inspecting the carnage)

Android: We have captured this group of metahumans. We will be bringing the prisoners home, master.

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

PAGE 2

Panel 1

caption: festive planet Thrann...

Dev-Em: Are you certain, Lester? One hundred percent positive?

Lester: I've never been more certain of anything in my life. I want to go with you, Dev-Em!

Panel 2

Dev-Em: You realize I have no idea when I might make my way back to Thrann... or Bismoll... or your birth-planet Earth, either. Who knows when you will get to see your family... or your friends again? You would be giving up much.

Panel 3

Lester: Family? Friends? Feh! The only thing I'll be giving up is lonliness. My transuit is on, Dev-Em. I'm ready. BEYOND ready!

Panel 4

Dev-Em: Then let my journey continue! And let OUR journey begin!

Panel 5

*Dev-Em, his arm around Lester, blasts into the sky. The Super-Companions can be seen below waving farewell*

--------------------

Eryk Davis Ester

PAGE 3

Panel 1

Caption: The digestive planet Bismoll...

(An alarm clock is going off...)

Panel 2

(The alarm continues to go off as an arm reaches for it)

Panel 3

(Tenzil picks up the alarm and pulls it towards him)

Panel 4

(Tenzil takes a bite out of the alarm)

Panel 5

(The alarm now silenced, Tenzil continues to lie in bed asleep)

Panel 6

(Tenzil continues to sleep)

Panel 7

(There's a buzzing noise coming from the door to Tenzil's room)

Panel 8

(Tenz grudgingly looks up from the bed)

Panel 9

(Taryn enters the room...)

Taryn (very perky): Time to get up, Senator Kem! You've got a busy day ahead of you!

[ April 27, 2004, 09:29 AM: Message edited by: Eryk Davis Ester ]

This topic comprises 43 pages: 1  2  3  ...  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  ...  41  42  43   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.