Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » MLLASH's bad random windows paint fandango (Page 15)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 89 pages: 1  2  3  ...  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  ...  87  88  89   
Author Topic: MLLASH's bad random windows paint fandango
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
This is Poltergiest and Sparky, 2 of the last chicks I created for the Birds of Prey-ish all-girl team. I realize now that I was drawing Poltergiest to look like a teen/adult version of the little girl from the Politergiest movies, may she RIP.

See that pink bloblike thing? No one else could and it obeyed Poltergiest's every command, sort-of like Johnny Thunder's thunderbolt if it were blobby instead of lightning-ey. Mostly it just knocked stuff around.

Sparky was your basic on-fire at all times chick, unless she got wet. Then you could see her eyes and hair. Heh! They were best buds!

-

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Hey! It just hit me that Sparky is very Frankie Raye, the Herald of Galactus known as (iirc) Nova... now did I create her before or after Byrne? Damn him!

This was another member of the all-girl team, she had a codename but mostly went by her real name, Alannah. I can remember she was my very favorite to draw (which I think shows here). She could give people the spins, you know, vertigo, and make 'em sick.

-

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

After I finshed that Image of Alannah, I thought "she'd make a good Black Canary. that "bubbles" effect looks like Black Canary.

So I drew Black Canary, another longtime favorite of mine. One of these days I'm going to master that damned half-jacket!

-

--------------------

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

And because no fandango should be Legionless, here's "Projectra remembers"....

-

--------------------

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Stay tuned for further opportunities to bash MLLASH's childhood! Plus the usual goofiness.

Bye for now!

-

--------------------

Sketch Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sketch Lad           Edit/Delete Post     
I just love the characters created by Lil Lash!

When I was a kid, I made up a group called the Gallant Gang! It was some kind of combination of the Legion and the Teen Titans. I don't remember individual characters at all!

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

S'almost bedtime for me, but I'll leave you with an old favorite of mine, first in a series featuring the cast of GROOVY TEEN TITANS: THE SERIES...

-

--------------------

Caliente
Honoring the Primary Color Gang

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Caliente   Email Caliente         Edit/Delete Post     
Lashie, did I ever tell you how much I love your randoms?? Frio and I have been cooing over them for ages!!! [Big Grin]

I can't wait to get a new icon. But which image to choose?? Decisions, decisions...

--------------------
Abin: You know what to do with a Cali sandwich? No but neither do Cobie and CJ!
CJ: Yeah, we do. She's smiling, isn't she?

Context... who needs it?

From: Sunny Cali-- er, Planet Earth? | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mystery Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mystery Lad   Email Mystery Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
These are fun! I thought Sparky reminded me more of Magma than Frankie, but then I liked Amara much more than Miss Raye.

quote:
Originally posted by MLLASH:
That's right, I did it! Maybe you did too! But were your childhood ideas good enough to be stolen years later by Rob Liefeld? heh heh! It's funny because it's BAD!

Hee-hee! I had pages and pages of WHO'S WHO style write-ups (mainly 'cause I can only draw in pretty much three head-on poses). My ideas got stolen by Dan Slotts (The Cavalry's one of the INITIATIVE teams, but I thought of it first!)

I had a member named Silhouette (who was a member of NEW WARRIORS at Marvel) who was pretty much a combination of Phantom Girl, Shadow Lass and Saturn Girl-- but she was a ballet dancer!

Hmmm. There was also a Snapdragon (I think there's been multiple characters using that name) who fought crime with a quarterstaff and a sentient plant sidekick.

I had a Mystress (I know that name's been used, but I can't think where) who created great walls of fog through which she could teleport and time-travel.

There was also a gal I called Sweet Revenge, who was like a driven, Batman character out to avenge something or other.

Funny, I can't remember any of the male characters just now. I was obsessed with pairing them up. Everybody had to have their love-at-first-sight object-- *much* more important than an actual, y'know, super-villain!

I'm scared to think about what this reveals about me! Ha!

From: Knoxville, TN | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Hi Dean... do you still have any of your old Gallant Gang renderings?

CALI! I'm thrilled to see you here! I said elsewhere here that you and Frio are among my favorite LMB characters to windows-paint. That whole fire and ice theme just kicks.

Toddkins! Man, your stuff was stolen by high-calibre writers though, dude. I *love* Dan Slott and NEW WARRIORS was quite the "HOT BOOK" back in the day!

My Liefeld-used characters were names-only and both were in NEW MUTANTS/X-FORCE: Feral and Shatterstar.

My Shatterstar was actually a hot space-chick who had Starfire-ish powers, she was part of my future/space-team's continuity.

I had 2 feline-characters. One was in the Birds-of-Preyish all-girls continuity ("The University" it was called, one could consider it an all-girls X-Men, maybe?). That cat-character was part of a rival gang (totally lifted from the Hellions' first appearance, IIRC).

The other cat-lass was in the space-team's continuity; I had my primary team, but there was also a team of heroes who protected a particular planet (shades of the Amazers on Xanthu!) and a team of teen aliens-- Bah. My memory is getting all balled up.

But-- Christmas has come and gone, I'm home alone and there's not much to do, so I think I'll go pull out that box of my old comics, read through as much of it as I can take without getting ill, and come back with all sorts of new fandango'd images we can get a giggle from!

--------------------

Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
I love pretty pose Lash.

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

heh heh... In preschool they called it "sitting like a gentleman".

Okay, so I pulled out my box of old self-made comics notebooks. The University ran for 13 completed notebooks, and a 14th was started. now keep in mind these are all 70-page notebooks (except for # 13, which was 100 (!!!) pages), so this crap was pretty extended.

So far this has been fairly painful.

# 1 is pretty much mostly a bunch a full-page shots introducing the large cast of students... Oh look, there's a bunch of giant robots that look suspiciously like Sentinels from the classic Neal Adams Sentinels saga (which I read-- and loved-- reprinted as Giant-Size X-Men # 2 and later in an early form of baxter Adams/X-Men reprints). Shh. Don't tell Marvel, I don't want them suing me.

oops! There goes a bunch of castmembers! Those robots mean business. Elaine, I hardly knew you! But your costume sucked anyway and I had an idea for a replacement with your powers. Sally, look out! OWWWCH-- that's gotta sting. No one tell Gail Simone about this, please.

Oh gawd, no... they even pulled the old "switch costumes to fool the robots' sensors" trick. Roy Thomas is going to have me assassinated.

Jiminy H. Christmas! There's the chick who looks like Infectious Lass, only her hair is blue and her facial markings are green. That definitely places this after S/LSH 218, my intro to Drura (I wouldn't back-collect S/LSH # 201 until later). Hmm, I changed her up enough not to have to be worried about DC's legals-- I even gave her hypnotic antennae instead of super-disease inducing powers. Go team Lash!

No dates at all on this one.

Man, that was hideous. I'm scared to look at # 2...

--------------------

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Okay, here we go with # 2...

Hmm. 2 new students... one whose powers are a direct steal from Life Lass and another who controls nature, whatever that means.

Oh, several pages of new costumes... just what these brand-new characters needed. Oh Vina... you looks just awful with that Belinda Carlisle circa-Head Over Heels haircut.

Apparently, these chicks all trained by whaling on each other. They needed a danger room! Looks like the nature-controlling chick won. unfortunately, she's a loser when it comes to fashion. Her purple and white striped outfit is ripe for fandangoing.

Oh how cute! An awards ceremony...

Airborne. I like her. Her outfit's cute. Her powers are flight and invulnerability. No super-strength so mostly she just threw rocks at her opponents or bashed their heads in with a 2 by 4.

Oh fun... more pose shots!

Uh oh... 4 more new students... there's Night (or Leslie if you prefer). She greatly resembles Nightwind in skin-tone and eye markings but then she diverges pretty completely. I remember liking her a lot... I'll have to do an image of her.

No dates, but there is a note to myself: "Get your $12.50! Look for clothes!" Well, honestly, where was I shoppng that $12.50 would buy ANYthing fashionable?

Next: # 3, if you dare...

--------------------

Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
The super-heroines of Bryn Mawr!

And Lash, if anyone could look fashionable on $12.50, it's you.

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Let's peek atThe University # 3...

Awesome! I found a way to get rid of characters without having robots kill them-- they graduate! I'm sure Melanie, Valerie and Jana were very excited to escape with their lives.

"The Headmistress" is mentioned... so someone IS running the show, from somewhere... it's been very PEANUTS so far, no adults...

Oh fun. Another giant robot. I didn't steal the image from anything so it looks absolutely ludicrous. But the girls' giant-robot-fighting skills have certainly improved, as no one was killed. Yay!

Oh gawd, not 3 more pages of new costumes...!

Hmm, I had this gravity-controlling chick code-named Goddess. She looks cool.

[LOL] Apparently, for a while, Vina (she was a sorceress, pretty prominent throughout) shaved her head altogether and replaced her hair with a magic flames... so we have a bald chick with flames shooting from her head.... Still, it was pretty distinctive.

FINALLY-- a training room. I was wondering when the girls were gonna start whaling on each other again...

WHOA-- a DUDE! And he's EVIL! His midas touch has turned 3 students into GOLD! Apparently, gold crayola turns to green after so many years...

OHMYGAWD-- a "big eye" panel! Could this be my first Keith Giffen steal? It would be far from my last (remember, I was a Gif-fan frm the days of All-Star Comics, The Defenders & Challengers of the Unknown although I was too young to realize it then).

Still no dates...

I'll refrain from further rambling about this now, but watch this thread for some University girls soon!

--------------------

This topic comprises 89 pages: 1  2  3  ...  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  ...  87  88  89   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.