Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » Loser's Gallery (Page 14)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 38 pages: 1  2  3  ...  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  ...  36  37  38   
Author Topic: Loser's Gallery
Tempest
Enchantress

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tempest   Author's Homepage   Email Tempest         Edit/Delete Post     
My God, um...Goddess...

That's the most beautiful piece I have ever seen.

--------------------
And to show I bear no ill will, I, too, shall bestow a gift...

From: The Mansion | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Loser Lad
Stressed

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Loser Lad   Email Loser Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Couple more new ones I have finished.

First one was found here (where there's also a nice section featuring Dean Lee's work). The only information I have on the artist is that his/her last name is Newburn. If anyone else recognizes this and knows anything else about the artist please let me know so I can give him/her proper credit.

Click for fullsize image

--------------------
The LMB Archives

From: The Loser Cave | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Loser Lad
Stressed

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Loser Lad   Email Loser Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
The next one is probably the coolest Aquaman sketch I've ever seen. Drawn by Sunny Lee.

Click for fullsize image

--------------------
The LMB Archives

From: The Loser Cave | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Loser Lad
Stressed

quote:
Originally posted by HighPriestess Viviane:
My God, um...Goddess...

That's the most beautiful piece I have ever seen.

Thanks Viv!

--------------------
The LMB Archives

Tempest
Enchantress

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tempest   Author's Homepage   Email Tempest         Edit/Delete Post     
Hurray for Aquaman!

I don't know who the artist if for Supergirl, but the coloring is great.

--------------------

From: The Mansion | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reboot
Common sense is neither common, nor sense.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reboot   Author's Homepage   Email Reboot         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Loser Lad:
The next one is probably the coolest Aquaman sketch I've ever seen. Drawn by Sunny Lee.

Nice attempt at colouring, but it's beardless Aquaman in orange & green, and thus can't be good (or cool). It's a law of nature.

[ January 13, 2005, 02:24 AM: Message edited by: The End ]

--------------------
My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War.

From: The Mainframe | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Doctor One
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Doctor One   Email Doctor One         Edit/Delete Post     
That Dawnstar image is just stunning. Wow.
From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Loser Lad
Stressed

Thanks Juan!

--------------------
The LMB Archives

Loser Lad
Stressed

This is just some random Anime demonic schoolgirl chick that I colored for a "coloring contest" on another site. Not really much of a contest (though that's how the guy who posted it put it). Basically some dude posted a colored pic and the original (actually a pretty low quality original, but hey, what are you gonna do) and said "beat this". So I did. No idea who the artist is.

Click for fullsize image

--------------------
The LMB Archives

Tempest
Enchantress

She has a tail, and the coloring is so good...it's scary.

--------------------

Greybird
Brother of Dawnstar

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Greybird   Author's Homepage   Email Greybird         Edit/Delete Post     
Well, they're all gorgeous in this go-round, but that Al Rio piece got sent to the moon by your color. It's almost glowing. Making the most of the nebula-ish background adds to Dawny's ecstatic feeling in the foreground.

I'm glad you put up the larger version. When printed, it creates a much sharper piece by far at 8.5 x 11. I love this Canon i850 color printer!

From: Starhaven Consulate, City of Angels | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sketch Lad           Edit/Delete Post     
Loser Lad,
Since I know how much effort it takes to make these pieces happen, I totally applaud you on your results. I love that you're sharing a diverse set of pictures with us here.

Frankly, I didn't even attempt to color that Al Rio Dawnstar because I knew that you would rule on coloring it.

It's so great that Legion World is a forum for us to present stuff like this. I love it!

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Loser Lad
Stressed

Thanks all for the comments. They really do mean a lot to me!

Grey - Glad you were happy with the Rio Dawnstar. You know that any time anyone does any Dawny-related art around here that you are the "target audience". If you're pleased with it then I guess I can consider it a job well done! I thought Rio did an excellent job on that pic, so I'm glad I could do it justice with my coloring of it.

Dean - I appreciate your praise, especially sine I know that you know what kind of work I'm putting in to some of these pieces. I'm glad the non-Legion pieces have found a receptive audience here as well. I know that the Legion is the common interest that drew us all here in the first place, but it's nice to not feel restricted by it in what I'm allowed (encouraged, even!) to share here. I've really found a hobby that I enjoy with coloring these things, and it does make me happy that so many others are enjoying what I've been posting (especially someone who's got such a talent for it in their own right as you do Dean-o).

quote:
Originally posted by Sketch Lad:
Frankly, I didn't even attempt to color that Al Rio Dawnstar because I knew that you would rule on coloring it.

Heh. I feel the same way about your work on those two Hughes Dawnstar pics that are up for the challenge. You did such a great job with them I don't think I could do anything that could hold a candle to them. I love your colors on Hughes' stuff. Your style and his really do compliment each other.

--------------------
The LMB Archives

Loser Lad
Stressed

Here's my latest enrty for the Shawn VanBriesen Challenge. The background is from a piece called "Saturn from Titan" by Kimmo Isokoski.

Click for fullsize image

--------------------
The LMB Archives

Tempest
Enchantress

I like the change, and that Saturn buckle looks really awesome, like real metal, I tell you.

--------------------

This topic comprises 38 pages: 1  2  3  ...  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  ...  36  37  38   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.