Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » Loser's Gallery (Page 13)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 38 pages: 1  2  3  ...  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  ...  36  37  38   
Author Topic: Loser's Gallery
Whitelighter
Mistress of Micros

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Whitelighter   Author's Homepage   Email Whitelighter         Edit/Delete Post     
There's a whole set of them. If ya'llwant, I'll make the set the January coloring contest. Once I find them on my CDs.

--------------------
Lady Kat - The White Raven

From: Texas | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Loser Lad
Stressed

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Loser Lad   Email Loser Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by The End:
[QUOTE]Check the Who IS this Legion character thread in Spaceopoly. I think I used a couple there.

Ack! I forgot all about that thread! I'll bet I could find a couple good source pics there. Thanks for the reminder!

quote:
Originally posted by White Raven:
There's a whole set of them. If ya'llwant, I'll make the set the January coloring contest. Once I find them on my CDs.

That would be cool with me, if any of the others agree.

--------------------
The LMB Archives

From: The Loser Cave | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Whitelighter
Mistress of Micros

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Whitelighter   Author's Homepage   Email Whitelighter         Edit/Delete Post     
The Shawn Van Briesen Contest will be starting Today!
Check back at
http://kat.of-the-night.com/~moy/Contests/
later today, I'm working on it now.

See posting http://www.legionworld.net/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=2;t=000426 for updates on this.

--------------------
Lady Kat - The White Raven

From: Texas | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Loser Lad
Stressed

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Loser Lad   Email Loser Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Haven't had much time to color lately, but I do have a few that I finished recently that I haven't posted yet.

I started coloring this one months ago to make a new avatar for Lardy, but only recently got to finish it off. Here's everyone's favorite foul-mouthed portly avenger LardLad, drawn by fellow LMBer dedman.

Click for fullsize image

--------------------
The LMB Archives

From: The Loser Cave | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Loser Lad
Stressed

Here's Dr. Fate, drawn by Jeff Moy.

Click for fullsize image

--------------------
The LMB Archives

Loser Lad
Stressed

One more for now. I totally love this Adam Hughes sketch of the Golden Age Green Lantern, Alan Scott. He's got a total grumpy old man vibe going on here. Love the Viagara mug!

Click for fullsize image

--------------------
The LMB Archives

Sketch Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sketch Lad           Edit/Delete Post     
Lou, these are just terrific! Nice effect with that mist! Geez, if you get started on AH! sketches, there could be NO END to how much coloring you could do. Have you ever been to the Hughes Fans yahoo group? Adam's girlfriend, Alison, presents exclusive material there. Great group.

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Doctor One
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Doctor One   Email Doctor One         Edit/Delete Post     
Love the age spots on his hands and temples.
From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tempest
Enchantress

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tempest   Author's Homepage   Email Tempest         Edit/Delete Post     
Mondo coolio Dr. Fate pic!

--------------------
And to show I bear no ill will, I, too, shall bestow a gift...

From: The Mansion | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Loser Lad
Stressed

quote:
Originally posted by Sketch Lad:
Lou, these are just terrific! Nice effect with that mist!

Thanks Dean. I messed around quite a bit to get the mist to look the way I wanted it to. Glad it worked out!

quote:
Have you ever been to the Hughes Fans yahoo group? Adam's girlfriend, Alison, presents exclusive material there. Great group.

I haven't, but I'll check it out. I've been a Hughes fan since the JLI days, and I always enjoy seeing more of his stuff. This is the first Hughes piece I've colored, but I'm sure it won't be the last.

By the way, I snagged the Hughes GL from the Comic Art Community, which is one of the places I go to search for new material. There's work from a ton of different artists there (including a huge Hughes gallery). Some of the sketches there are a little smallish for my tastes, but I've found a couple of decent pics there, some of which I've already colored and posted here, and some that I plan to do in the future.

--------------------
The LMB Archives

Loser Lad
Stressed

quote:
Originally posted by Juan:
Love the age spots on his hands and temples.

Heh. Those were kind of an afterthought, but I think they really added a nice finishing touch to the piece. Thanks for noticing! [Smile]

--------------------
The LMB Archives

Loser Lad
Stressed

quote:
Originally posted by HighPriestess Viviane:
Mondo coolio Dr. Fate pic!

Thanks Viv!

--------------------
The LMB Archives

Sketch Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sketch Lad           Edit/Delete Post     
I wonder how GL would look with white hair instead of blonde?

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Loser Lad
Stressed

Kind of like this I guess... [Big Grin]

Click for fullsize image

--------------------
The LMB Archives

Loser Lad
Stressed

Just finished this Dawnstar by Al Rio for Kat's Dawnstar Challenge. This is a smaller version, The actual file is a bit large to post here. If you want to see the full-sized (770 x 1129, 642KB) file, click here.

Click for fullsize image

--------------------
The LMB Archives

This topic comprises 38 pages: 1  2  3  ...  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  ...  36  37  38   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.