Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » LEGION STORIES re-told in all-smiley form (Page 12)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 16 pages: 1  2  3  ...  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16   
Author Topic: LEGION STORIES re-told in all-smiley form
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
Time for the next installment of ALL-SMILEY THEATRE: Jimmy Olsen # 76, ELASTIC LAD JIMMY AND HIS LEGION ROMANCES.

Now, back then, Jimmy was dating Lucy Lane, Lois' sister, and Lucy was hardly your typical Silver-Age femme. While most silver-age women were presented as scheming, well-meaning and man-hungry, Lucy was more aloof and... well, cunty.

The scene opens in Jimmy's bachelor pad...

[Elastic Lad] I hope Lucy shows up for dinner soon! Wait 'til she sees this latest style dressing robe I'm wearing! I've gone broke buying all these expensive eats, but it'll be worth it if it makes her like me more. Ah! Someone's knocking on the door!

[Elastic Lad] May I say you look ravishing tonight, Lucy my dear?

[Lucy Lane] Ha, Ha! What a silly-looking robe! Some idiot with no taste must've given it to you for Christmas!

[Elastic Lad] I hope you're enjoying your pheasant!

[Lucy Lane] It's only... so-so. I'll never forget the delicious hummingbird the Sultan of Ramnipur had served to me when I visited his palace. It was... scrumptious!

[Elastic Lad] Let's watch this TIME-MONITOR the Legion of the distant future gave me! See, I'm tuning in to their clubhouse!

[Lucy Lane] A transparent globular craft materialized suddenly!

Isn't that ALWAYS the way? Suddenly materializing globular crafts sure are annoying!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

[Elastic Lad] Legionnaires!

[Sun Boy] [Ultra Boy] Jimmy, come with us to the 30th century! It's very important!

[Elastic Lad] Bye, Lucy! I guess you'll be stuck here in my apartment because of this snowstorm, but you can amuse yourself by watching the Monitor!

[Lucy Lane] Gosh! May I come along, too?

[Ultra Boy] Sorry... only Jimmy can come because HE is an honory member of the Legion!

So the Legion boys drop Jimmy off at HQ and quickly amscray to handle a "special emergency". I'm willing to bet it involved Silverale and space-strippers. But I digress.

There were, however, 3 Legionnaires waiting to greet Jimmy...

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

[Saturn Girl] [Triplicate Girl] [Light Lass] Glad to see you again, Jimmy!

We learn that Jimmy, as an honoarary Legionnaire, must take part in Legion activities at least twice a year or lose his membership.

So the gals gussy him up in his tacky Elastic Lad outfit, and he pairs up with Luornu to deliver a Venusian Idol to the Astro-Museum, a task that frequently happened in Legion stories.

[Elastic Lad] Why is that grotesque figurine worth so much?

[Triplicate Girl] It's made of one of the rarest metals in the universe.

So of course, some dimbulb thief tries to take it FROM THE TWO LEGIONNAIRES (he wasn't very intelligent apparently).

Jimmy captures the dude by stretching his hands into a giant maze. The criminal runs around trying to escape until "he's collapsed, exhausted and dazed!" Just like me on the dancefloor!

[Triplicate Girl] Oh, Jimmy! You're so cute and clever! May I kiss you?

[Elastic Lad] Go right ahead, kiss anything you want!

--------------------

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Next, Jimmy teams up with Ayla for a monorail ride and these two flame-haired friends quickly enter the trouble zone!

[Light Lass] Lately, there's been a rash of monorail sabatoge cases, and... oh oh! I see TROUBLE ahead! A big section of the rail is missing! Quick, substitute YOURSELF for the rail, Elastic Lad, and leave the rest to me!

Then came the line Jimmy uttered that made my boyfriend 12 years ago make fun of the book:

[Elastic Lad] Okey-doke, Light Lass!

Seriously, he made fun of this line for DAYS. Well, he had no taste... he did date ME for 5 years, you know.

Anyhoo, the day is saved by the carrot-topped twosome, and before you know it...

[Light Lass] You were marvelous, Jimmy! I adore you!!

Then she proceeded to try to tie Jimmy's elastic tongue into a pretzel with her own tongue.

[Elastic Lad] WOW! First, Triplicate Girl kissed me and now I'm being smooched by Light Lass! These Legion girls are total sluts!!

--------------------

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Next, Jimmy teams up with Saturn Girl, so you just KNOW there's gonna be fireworks.

[Saturn Girl] That spaceship is bringing space-creatures from various worlds to the Earth Zoo.

[Elastic Lad] The creatures are running amok! People may get injured!

[Saturn Girl] I've ordered them all to halt-- except for that winged beast with the large phallic nose! My thought-control can't get through-- Do something, Jimmy!

[Elastic Lad] I'll make my elastic nose expand a few feet and become phallic like the beasts!

[Saturn Girl] But what will THAT accomplish? Great Galaxies! You're rubbing noses with the creature, causing it to calm down and become friendly! You're just like a couple of super-Eskimos of space!

[Elastic Lad] I can do this with ALL my body parts, you know!

--------------------

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

And, that's all it took to get Imra's attention...

[Saturn Girl] OOOoooOOOo, you DOLL, you!!

But then the other 2 Legionnaires gals show up, and all heck breaks loose!

From the half-splash page that opens the tale, what we always knew about Imra is confirmed:

[Light Lass] Saturn Girl! Let go of Elastic Lad, you HUSSY! He belongs to ME!

[Triplicate Girl] I love Jimmy, he's MINE!!

[Elastic Lad] Stop fighting over me, girls! Darn it all! Why must I be so irresistibly appealing to beautiful girls?

I'm sure your elongated innuendo had nothing to do with it, Olsen.

--------------------

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

So the girls engage in a super-catfight of space for a couple of panels, until Jimmy breaks it up.

Eventually, he hops back in the Time-Globe (as it is called in this story) and a tipsy-looking Ultra Boy and Sun Boy take him home.

As he departs, the Legion ladies begin laughing hysterically!

[Saturn Girl] Ha, Ha! Jimmy Olsen thinks we really fell for him! What a dumbass!

[Triplicate Girl] Ha, Ha! We pretended to flip over Jimmy because we knew Lucy Lane was treating him like dirt, and she'd see it on the Monitor!

[Saturn Girl] After the big build-up we gave him, Lucy will appreciate him more!

[Light Lass] I hope he carried some spare elastic serum with him just in case he gets lucky!

--------------------

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

DID Jimmy get lucky at long last? Let's find out...

[Elastic Lad] Wake up, Lucy! Don't tell me you weren't watching the Monitor!

[Lucy Lane] >Yawn!< No, I feel asleep after having sex with the Maintenance Man.

[Elastic Lad] The Legion girls were CRAZY about me! They fought over me like wildcats!

[Lucy Lane] A likely tale. Stop fibbing about your imaginary romances and order me a taxi. I refuse to remain snowbound with a raving nut!

Yep it's easy to see what Freckles saw in Lucy Lane, eh?

And, in the 30th century, the Legion gals watch Lucy diss Jimmy...

[Light Lass] We went to all that trouble for nothing!

[Triplicate Girl] I can't wait 'til he comes here again soon!

[Saturn Girl] Who knows? Maybe NEXT time, we'll fall for him for real!

Well, Imra DID have a thing for redheaded guys...

THE END

--------------------

Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kent Shakespeare           Edit/Delete Post     
BWA-Ha-HA!!!

I recently got that issue, so that adds to my appreciation. Well done, senor!

From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
Hint as to my next request [Wink] - [Agent Bek] [Magno Lad] [Esper Lass] [Micro Lad] [Calorie Queen] [Phantom Lad] [Chameleon Kid]
From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

The Super-Rejects! Lovely work, Gary, and I love the story. Maybe I can do it this week!

--------------------

Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
This week would be great!
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Friday's good for me. Watch this space!!

--------------------

Future
The Present is Past

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Future           Edit/Delete Post     
Excellent! I can't wait!

By the way Lash, when you have the free time you should try your hand at an LMB tale with all the graemlins we have of posters already. I know it would indie rock.

Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
Hot Summmer Nights!
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 16 pages: 1  2  3  ...  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.