Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » Loser's Gallery (Page 11)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 38 pages: 1  2  3  ...  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  ...  36  37  38   
Author Topic: Loser's Gallery
Whitelighter
Mistress of Micros

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Whitelighter   Author's Homepage   Email Whitelighter         Edit/Delete Post     
I adore these, they look fantastic!

--------------------
Lady Kat - The White Raven

From: Texas | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Greybird
Brother of Dawnstar

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Greybird   Author's Homepage   Email Greybird         Edit/Delete Post     
You've really mastered lighting in these, Loser -- but you have for some time, now.

The Wonder Girl immediately above is especially subtle, and notable because of it. I'm struck by how often such 2D blondes are made to look artificial in their hair color, for no reason I've understood, but this one isn't.

Kinetix is genuinely animating Christmas-tree lights, and the glow of the colors makes all the difference. That's one of the better examples (though they're all good ones) of how a good colorist can be a collaborator, more than an afterthought.

I'm also glad you got a fully inked Kid Q from Dean to bring out so well, especially those purples. He hasn't been choosing to use his own sizable finishing talents very much lately (broad and unsubtle hint ... {g})

From: Starhaven Consulate, City of Angels | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
antacidlass
2 TUMS up

Icon 1 posted      Profile for antacidlass   Author's Homepage   Email antacidlass         Edit/Delete Post     
Nice work Loser Lad [Smile]

--------------------
Now with Calcium!!!

From: wherever acid reflux lurks | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Loser Lad
Stressed

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Loser Lad   Email Loser Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Thanks for the compliments all. And thanks to Grey for taking the time to comment.

Probably more than anything I've struggled to try to create realistic lighting, and while I think I've improved a bit it's still something I don't feel I've completely gotten down. I have quite a few unfinished pieces where I just can't seem to get the lighting right. But, as I said I think I'm getting better with it, and I'm glad the effects are noticible in the finished products.

Thanks again for taking the time to comment. I appreciate it!

--------------------
The LMB Archives

From: The Loser Cave | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Loser Lad
Stressed

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Loser Lad   Email Loser Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Well, as I always say, one good Wonder Girl deserves another. Here's the original Wonder Girl, in her original costume. Pencils by Christopher Rich-McKelvey.

-

--------------------
The LMB Archives

From: The Loser Cave | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Loser Lad
Stressed

BTW, I recently found Christopher Rich-McKelvey's website, and he's got a lot of really nice sketches there. Check it out! Warning though, for those who are bothered by such things, there are some nudes and partial nudes there, so beware.

http://www.baldguystudios.com/

--------------------
The LMB Archives

Viridis Lament
Cenobyte. Cthulhu. God.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Viridis Lament   Author's Homepage   Email Viridis Lament         Edit/Delete Post     
Wondergirl looks fantastic. Some very cool art on that site too, though i've only looked at a few pieces yet
From: Fort McMurray | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Loser Lad
Stressed

There's a good example of what I was saying in the PBOL Gallery thread about working in a color that will do what you want it to and then changing it later with adjustment layers. Everything in that picture except the skin tone, the gold on her top and the background gradient was colored in the same medium shade of blue, and then changed after the fact with adjustment layers. In fact the top and the shorts (including the white stars on the shorts) were all colored on the same layer in the same color. Shading and highlights were done with the "Burn" and "Dodge" tools.

Don't know if that technique would apply to photomanipping, though I don't see why it wouldn't.

--------------------
The LMB Archives

Loser Lad
Stressed

Another Rich-Mckelvey piece. As a fan of the Giffen/DeMatteis Justice League, I really dig this one.

-

--------------------
The LMB Archives

Viridis Lament
Cenobyte. Cthulhu. God.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Viridis Lament   Author's Homepage   Email Viridis Lament         Edit/Delete Post     
more i see your colours the more i like 'em
From: Fort McMurray | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Loser Lad
Stressed

Here's dedman's Element Lad tribute colored.

Click for fullsize image

--------------------
The LMB Archives

Loser Lad
Stressed

Here's another Wonder Girl, this one by Jeff Moy...

Click for fullsize image

--------------------
The LMB Archives

Loser Lad
Stressed

Here's another Jeff moy piece, this time it's Stargirl of the JSA, formerly known as the Star Spangled Kid.

Click for fullsize image

--------------------
The LMB Archives

Loser Lad
Stressed

One of my favorite cartoons/comics growing up was GI Joe. One of my favorite Joes was Snake Eyes. When you look up the term "bad-ass" in the dictionary, there should be a picture of Snake Eyes next to it. Anyway, here's Mr. Bad-ass himself, drawn by Jonboy Meyers.

Click for fullsize image

--------------------
The LMB Archives

Viridis Lament
Cenobyte. Cthulhu. God.

Awesome job on colouring my piece, awesome to finally see it in colour too...thanks for posting to my thread too. Mind if i put it up on my site? (once that gallery is ready)....
The other three are great too; Wonder Girl is reat as usual; Star spangled kid is exceptional IMHO, and Sanke-eyes is well....Snake-eyes [Big Grin]

This topic comprises 38 pages: 1  2  3  ...  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  ...  36  37  38   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.