Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » LEGION STORIES re-told in all-smiley form (Page 10)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 16 pages: 1  2  3  ...  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16   
Author Topic: LEGION STORIES re-told in all-smiley form
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
More, more, more! Lash, you've been on a creative streak lately, I love it!

What issue is next?

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Eryk Davis Ester:
Thanks, Lasher!

Hmm... I think I've developed my own groovy idea for re-telling some Legion stories...

Jeepers! I forgot all about this cool idea I had ages ago!

I was going to re-tell contemporary Legion stories in Silver Age fashion! Using the groovy Silver-Age style codenames we came up with back on the old DCMBs!

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
Eerie, Eryk... I just sought out this thread today to ask you about your idea... while you too were seeking it out...

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
It's not eerie at all Lash! It's simply explained by the fact that I was stalking you!
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Suffering Sasquatch!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
Request: LEGION #31

[Chuck Taine] [Gear] [Superboy - Kon-El] [Brainiac 5 - Post-Boot]

From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

I'll see what I can do, Gary! (you are referring to the current series, right?)

I admit to being a trifle scared to attempt LSH (Baxter) # 50, the battle with the Tme Trapper. That's such a BIG story... I think shorter stories work better in this format!

--------------------

Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
Yup!

(And I guess the Great Darkness Saga is out of the question? [Razz] )

From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

As is 'Foundations'!

--------------------

Nightcrawler
Founder

[Bump]
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Bah! I must follow my own muse! And therefore, ALL-SMILEY THEATRE presents REVOLT OF THE GIRL LEGIONNAIRES from Adventure Comics 326. Original tale written by the immortal Jerry Siegel; tinkering by the extremely mortal moi.

IT BEGINS

The girl Legionnaires are called away from their duties-- which include using a cellular-trim ray to reduce their ass-flab and lying in bed at a knowledge-condensotron class-- (no, I ain't making this up. I'm not that good.). They meet up at HQ and their plot to destroy the boy Legionnaires is revealed!!

[Supergirl] My choice is CHAMELEON BOY!

[Light Lass] I select ELEMENT LAD!

[Phantom Girl] STAR BOY will be mine to destroy!

[Triplicate Girl] Since I can triplicate, I'll take INVISIBLE KID, BRAINIAC 5 and COSMIC BOY! Violet, since you're about as sensual as a feather duster, you can help me with them.

[Saturn Girl] Here's to-- THE LEGION OF SUPER-HEROINES!

Never mind that killing boys isn't very heroic, Imra!

--------------------

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

[Light Lass] Come on, Element Lad! Let's fly to some romantic place!

[Element Lad] Gosh! Light Lass is cute! I never quite realized before how much!! I think she kind of goes for me!!!

[Light Lass] Catch me if you can! The scenery's gorgeous!

[Element Lad] It's drab-- compared to you!

[Light Lass] May I confess something? To me, you've always been the handsomest, most fascinating Legionnaire of all...

[Element Lad] I'm out of my element when it comes to romancing girls, but...

No s#!t, Jan. Get your gay ass back to Metropolis Manmeet before it's too late!!

--------------------

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

As Element Lad lays a good bit of tongue on Ayla, the evil seductress thinks:

[Light Lass] I can hardy keep from laughing!

[Element Lad] I'm so happy, I feel light as a feather.

[Light Lass] Then BECOME light as one! You'll float up to that mountain peak and STARVE TO DEATH!

[Element Lad] *choke!* A devil lurked behind her sweet smile!

Poor, poor Jan. A boy would have at least put out before he attempted to kill you.

[ July 10, 2004, 01:56 PM: Message edited by: MLLASH ]

--------------------

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Meanwhile, Luornu uses tech borrowed from Violet to shrink Invisible Kid, Brainiac 5 and Cosmic Boy down small enough to fit into a box of matches! (They still have matches in the 30th century?) But not before she puts some serious mack on one them--

[Triplicate Girl] He's... kissing me! And I always thought he was gay.

[Invisible Kid] Awp!! I'm dwindling down to TINY SIZE!

Well, we all saw THAT one coming! For the luvva Fred, Lyle, when will you and Jan learn that there's nothing more pitiful than a gay boy trying to be straight!

[Brainiac 5] What fools we were to fall into her trap!

[Cosmic Boy] But why does she hate us enough to KILL us? She should only hate us enough to MAIM us!

--------------------

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Then Saturn Girl sends Superboy to his doom! The original shameless hussy thinks:

[Saturn Girl] I'll disarm him with romance, then... WHAMMO!

So of course, Superboy is elated to escape her harpylike clutches and rush into a cavern that contains Green Kryptonite!

[Superboy] OWWW! Why have you... done this... to me? *moan!*

[Saturn Girl] Wouldn't you like to know?! DIE wondering why I betrayed you! DIE trying to understand what changed me, your friend, into an unrelenting FOE!

--------------------

This topic comprises 16 pages: 1  2  3  ...  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.