Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » Legion of Super-Heroes #5 (Preview & Spoilers) (Page 9)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 10 pages: 1  2  3  ...  6  7  8  9  10   
Author Topic: Legion of Super-Heroes #5 (Preview & Spoilers)
Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Candlelight   Email Candlelight         Edit/Delete Post     
Lots of things are off panel, now-a-days.
sigh

Yera has always been able to 'do' hair, Cham, too.

I'm pretty sure it's Shady with EM.
I just don't know why.

--------------------
'In the twinkling of an eye'
I'll be dancing in the sky!

Come, join me!

From: Salem, Oregon USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mediocre Boy
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mediocre Boy   Email Mediocre Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Gorilla Nebula:
it's not Shady. it's Yera. she's part of the Durlan revenge Squad.

Grife! [Mad]

That's what I said somewhere earlier in this thread, and suggested Jekkie as a candidate, too, but nobody reacted for some reason.

I hate when that happens. [Frown]

--------------------
Yeah, yeah, yeah. Okay, so the meek[s] shall inherit inherit the Earth, but what about the geeks? I still want Baffin Island--polar bears and all! :)

From: Brampton, Canada | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Harbinger
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Harbinger   Email Harbinger         Edit/Delete Post     
But wouldn't Earth Man be able to sense the difference with his ill defined ability absobtion ability so Yera wouldn't fool him? Surely he wouldn't go near Shady either as she's definitely not human. I also think it'll be Night Girl.

--------------------
"Tempus Fugitive" the final part of the Adventures of Dream Boy series, set in the Three-Boot Universe. Read it only in the Bits o' Legionnaire Business Forum.

From: here, more often than not | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ultra Jorge   Email Ultra Jorge         Edit/Delete Post     
I don't think it's Shady. There is a durlan subplot going on...and Shady leaving Mon-El is out of character also. She's a durlan. Mr. Levitz loves that Shakespearean trick where the person is not who we think it is thing...Reflecto, Yera, Sensor Girl, Rond Vidar as a GL.

Speaking of GLs...Harmonia Li...agent of the Controllers maybe? Anyways I like her!

Nice to see some of my faves...yes I voted for Sensor Girl and Timberwolf for leader and deputy leader way back when...

The art is looking good...improves each issue. Some panels are better than others ofcourse.

I just can't get into Earth Man. Maybe it's the sideburns? I hope he dies protecting the Legion...give him a statue...move on.

From: Tampa | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ultra Jorge   Email Ultra Jorge         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Mediocre Boy:
quote:

Grife! [Mad]

That's what I said somewhere earlier in this thread, and suggested Jekkie as a candidate, too, but nobody reacted for some reason.

Don't think Yera would do something behind the Legion's back...but she did get beat pretty badly by Earth Man.

How much fun would it be if it was Chameleon Chief or King (i forget if they are the same person or not)! Earth Man would really hate aliens then! (or he will really really like them)

From: Tampa | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Candlelight   Email Candlelight         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Mediocre Boy:
quote:

Grife! [Mad]

It happens to me all of the time.
sigh

If it IS someone besides Shady, then I agree with something someone else has already said - where's Shady?

And Harbinger's statement makes sense, too, EM could find out immediately who it is by just touching them.
And he's certainly touching whoever that is.

--------------------
'In the twinkling of an eye'
I'll be dancing in the sky!

Come, join me!

From: Salem, Oregon USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
future king
Excuse me but can you please direct me to the La Brea Tar Pits in Los Angeles?

Icon 1 posted      Profile for future king   Email future king         Edit/Delete Post     
If Sensor Girl was behind all this then E-Man wouldn't know it wasn't the real Shady, right?
That's the nature of her enhanced power ... total sensory deception, when necessary that it.

From: ontario | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jimgallagher
www.dodeka12.com

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jimgallagher           Edit/Delete Post     
Wait a minute. Earth Man absorbed Jeckie's powers last issue, right? He could be creating an illusion of Shady himself. Though what his motive could possibly be is beyond me.

--------------------
Buy my new graphic novel!
http://www.dodeka12.com

From: Champaign, IL | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
future king

Icon 1 posted      Profile for future king   Email future king         Edit/Delete Post     
That's a strong possibility too!
From: ontario | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gone
gone

Icon 1 posted      Profile for gone   Author's Homepage   Email gone         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by jimgallagher:
Wait a minute. Earth Man absorbed Jeckie's powers last issue, right? He could be creating an illusion of Shady himself. Though what his motive could possibly be is beyond me.

The only motive I can see would be to sow discord in the Legion. If he was just using it for a 'sex doll' he would be in his quarters and not Shady's. Of course, creating an image of her having sex with him in her quarters would imply that he knew Tinya would catch them and be upset by it.... Not sure the character is supposed to be that bright, but I guess it could be. Personally, I figure that it is just a bad writing and an awful characterization of Shady by a writer that is out of practice writing her.. or who is getting senile. One of those....

--------------------
gone

From: gone | Registered: Jul 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lil'rhino
I love everybody & you're next!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lil'rhino   Author's Homepage   Email lil'rhino         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Iam Legion:
... or who is getting senile.

There's no need to insult the writer this way.
From: elizabeth,nj | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46
or you can do the confusion 'til your head falls off

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
[raises hand]

No kidding, rhino.

It doesn't even make sense. The dude is 54 years old, according to wiki. If he's ready for the old folks' home at this point, I'm not gonna' be too far behind him. :/

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
future king

Sorry to disagree with you Iam Legion, but I happen to think Paul is a great writer. The man is a thinker ... and the thing about his style that I enjoy so much is that there are many layers to his plots and sub-plots.
Keep in mind this is a man with many decades of writing experience under his belt, so his thought processes are complex. Nothing seems to make sense, until .... then BAM!

That's Paul Levitz' style.
Let's give the man a chance to wow us shall we?

gone
gone

Icon 1 posted      Profile for gone   Author's Homepage   Email gone         Edit/Delete Post     
lil'rhino: I call them like I see them and the writing has just been plain BAD in for this incarnation of the Legion. Maybe not Three-Boot bad, but bad.

cleome: Senility, especially Alzheimer related senility, can hit a person at an early age. No implication as to your state of reason is to be implied or infered from this statement since onset of senility varies greatly from one person to another. Also, I don't think that he is really becoming senile, I think he is just out of practice writing these characters well and he has been given a bad situation ('The Lightning Saga' and Lo3W following decades of retconned and rebooted Legion following CoIE plus his own reputation as a genius to live up to) to deal with. So far the writing is awful, but he could very well turn it around and if so, I'll be amoungst those singing his praises. Until then the writing stinks and I'll say so.

future king: Don't be sorry. You are completely entitled to your oppinion. And... you may be correct in saying the 'BAM!' will come and it will all make sense... I sure hope so. Until that happens though, I can only judge the writing on what has been shown and that has become almost painful to read. Even allowing him slack for comparisons to 'what could have been if DC hadn't messed up the Legion with CoIE' it just falls short. The characterizations are off. The questions are annoying and distracting. The 'drama' is contrived, over the top and yet still not riveting. It is just not entertaining. My enjoyment for this series is just not there and my love for these characters dies a little with each new poorly written story.

--------------------
gone

From: gone | Registered: Jul 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lil'rhino
I love everybody & you're next!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lil'rhino   Author's Homepage   Email lil'rhino         Edit/Delete Post     
I have no problem with you hating the writing and expressing it.
My problem is only with the personal insult you used. What seperates LW from most message boards is respect. For each other & for comic book professionals.
So feel free to like or dislike-your reasons are totally valid & welcome, and your posts are informed & concise.
Just please refrain from personal insults against anyone, as they have no place here.

From: elizabeth,nj | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 10 pages: 1  2  3  ...  6  7  8  9  10   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.