Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » Giffen is doing LSH Annual!!! (Page 9)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 12 pages: 1  2  3  ...  6  7  8  9  10  11  12   
Author Topic: Giffen is doing LSH Annual!!!
Sarcasm Kid
Bring Back Lian Harper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sarcasm Kid   Author's Homepage   Email Sarcasm Kid         Edit/Delete Post     
Like I said, I owe him an apology.

--------------------
I want to be hated by lies
-
Bring Back Lian Harper

Join the movement
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=373120795632&ref=mf

From: Bronx, NY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ultrajo
Substitute

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ultrajo   Author's Homepage   Email ultrajo         Edit/Delete Post     
Magneto better watch out. Lorna Dane is not happy. [Smile]
From: Ocala, FL | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
It's most assuredely Giffen's art; he does Kirby almost as well as Kirby himself. Proof of this can be seen in his 70s runs on CHALLENGERS OF THE UNKNOWN and THE DEFENDERS.

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sarcasm Kid
Bring Back Lian Harper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sarcasm Kid   Author's Homepage   Email Sarcasm Kid         Edit/Delete Post     
She's Magneto's daughter. When was she EVER happy?

--------------------
I want to be hated by lies
-
Bring Back Lian Harper

Join the movement
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=373120795632&ref=mf

From: Bronx, NY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crymsun Kid
Subs Auxillary

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Crymsun Kid   Author's Homepage   Email Crymsun Kid         Edit/Delete Post     
Love Love Love that cover! I love the Keith's ever-evolving styles. I recently re-read the 5 year later era, and his style there has really grown on me. I hated it at first, but now looking back, I have much love for it.

--------------------
Listen to the Completely Comics Podcast at http://completelycomics.wordpress.com/

From: Korugar | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Another Levitz/Giffen interview about the Annual.

Most interesting quote? "Keith and I working together and then Keith with other collaborators has played with the Shrinking Violet and Lightning Lass characters and their relationship a certain amount, and as you can see from the cover, they're back in the forefront of this story. They kind of get their glorious moment in the process, which is nice."

'Glorious moment'? Are Paul and Keith going to (re)establish Vi and Ayla as a lesbian couple? Dare we hope?

Also, the context in which they speak of the Emerald Empress here makes it seems like this is Sarya. Wasn't it specified elsewhere that this is a NEW Empress? Am I misreading this part of the interview?

Thoughts?

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
Not in love with seeing Vi and Ayla on leashes, but it's a dramatic cover, that's for sure!
Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
future king
Excuse me but can you please direct me to the La Brea Tar Pits in Los Angeles?

Icon 1 posted      Profile for future king   Email future king         Edit/Delete Post     
I'm going to go against the majority vote ( at least I think I'm in the minority) and hope that Ayla stays with Brin instead.
It was cool to have Vi be with Ayla for a while there, but I kinda missed the classic relationship Ayla had with Brin ... I always felt she was a bit harsh and unforgiving of him back when she was going through that bit of a rough time in her personal life.
Let's face it, the guy was crushed after she dumped him.

P.S. I'm also a romantic softy type myself, one who hates most kinds of change ... especially involving the Legion I grew up with as a kid.
So there!
[tease]

From: ontario | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46
or you can do the confusion 'til your head falls off

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
Huh. I thought Brin deserved the dumping, myself. He's pretty much my nominee for Most Exasperating Legionnaire, at least in that incarnation.

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
future king
Excuse me but can you please direct me to the La Brea Tar Pits in Los Angeles?

Icon 1 posted      Profile for future king   Email future king         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by future king:
quote:
Originally posted by Sarcasm Kid:
Am I the only one not looking forward to this?

I'm with you!
NO GIFFEN PLEASE!!!
Ya, he used to be good but that hasn't been the case, in my opinion of coarse, for a loooooong time! His work these days is hideous ... and that's being positive, seriously.
If Giffen draws the Legion Annual I may not buy it at all.

P.S. Just look at the variant cover for DC Universe Legacies #6 ... I rest my case.

*snacking on crow as I type...*

Well, I have to counter my first gut feeling of probably not enjoying Giffen's upcoming annual by saying that based on the Emerald Empress cover that recently came out I will definately be buying this book! I liked what I saw (so much better than the Legacies cover) and I'm hoping the interior artwork is as equally impressive. I have a good feeling it will be though.
His ever-evolving art style has really struck a positive nerve with me this time. Ladies and gentlemen I give you the new Jack Kirby!
(well, sort of...) [Smile]

From: ontario | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
I'm going to go against the majority vote ( at least I think I'm in the minority) and hope that Ayla stays with Brin instead.
It was cool to have Vi be with Ayla for a while there, but I kinda missed the classic relationship Ayla had with Brin ... I always felt she was a bit harsh and unforgiving of him back when she was going through that bit of a rough time in her personal life.

P.S. I'm also a romantic softy type myself, one who hates most kinds of change ... especially involving the Legion I grew up with as a kid.
So there!
[tease]

It's 1000 years in the future, with people from different planets. Why not a three way open relationship.
From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46
or you can do the confusion 'til your head falls off

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
The kids nowadays call that an "OT3," Dev.

[refuses to share own OT3 until after at least three more beers]

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Dev Em:
quote:

So there!
[tease]

It's 1000 years in the future, with people from different planets. Why not a three way open relationship.
Sounds...sexy! [Love]

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lil'rhino
I love everybody & you're next!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lil'rhino   Author's Homepage   Email lil'rhino         Edit/Delete Post     
The Annual's release date has been changed to January 12, 2011.
From: elizabeth,nj | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blacula
Easy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blacula   Email Blacula         Edit/Delete Post     
NOooooo... That's so far away!

(Unless that date has been brought forward from the previous release date, in which case, um, Yay!)

From: Australia | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 12 pages: 1  2  3  ...  6  7  8  9  10  11  12   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.