Legion World
Topic Closed  Topic Closed

my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » LSH cover FACEOFF!!! (Page 9)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 136 pages: 1  2  3  ...  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  ...  134  135  136   
Author Topic: LSH cover FACEOFF!!!
Jerry
active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jerry   Email Jerry         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by MLLASH:
quote:
Originally posted by Jerry:
It's a tie for me. I have to throw my vote away.

C'MON Jerry-- Dirk and his nipples need some love here! [Big Grin]
It's the nipples vs. the eyes. I can't vote against Dirk's nipples, but I can't vote against that naughty look in Nura's eyes either.

--------------------
No regrets, Coyote.

From: Missouri | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by cleome:
Sweet Zombie Jesus, but I do hate any and all incarnations of the thong... [No]

Watch. They'll finally cover up Kara's damn midsection again but then she'll end up wearing a thong. Just kill me now, okay?

Is this a vote for no. 7? It needs some love, y'know.

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

quote:
Originally posted by He Who Wanders:
I'll discard my vote, too, but for a different reason: I prefer sexiness to be understated, not in your face (pun not intended).

Awww, HWW~ no. 7 just features regular bathing suits. Props to it too for Triad's bodies having suits that fit their personalities....

Ya'll please pick one! [Smile]

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Mattropolis

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mattropolis   Author's Homepage   Email Mattropolis         Edit/Delete Post     
16# for me. Mostly because I remember looking at it with well... GLEE when it came out!

Great cover!
Great story!

--------------------
Touch the magic...

From: Morganfield, KY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

I'm actually surprised at my gay brethren not voting for the Dirk cover. But I understand.

Though I love both covers, I will never forget the rush of excitement I had upon first viewing the # 16 cover. For one reason, because Nura (and Thom and Chuck) had gotten the shaft in Batch SW6... but the main reason was... well, LOOK at her. Wuh-OW.

# 16

--------------------

cleome46
or you can do the confusion 'til your head falls off

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by cleome:
Sweet Zombie Jesus, but I do hate any and all incarnations of the thong... [No]

Watch. They'll finally cover up Kara's damn midsection again but then she'll end up wearing a thong. Just kill me now, okay?

Is this a vote for no. 7? It needs some love, y'know.
Okay, sure. Democracy usually is more about voting against something than for something anyhow.

Really, I love Nura. I just don't love thongs.

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jimgallagher
www.dodeka12.com

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jimgallagher           Edit/Delete Post     
I vote for number 7. Not really crazy about either of these, but I like the artwork better on the top one. Also, we only see Chuck and Thom from the back and Thom's haircut stinks on the 2nd one. The first one is disappointing because no one's in costume and I dislike romance covers in general.

Is it really even possible for a female humanoid to be diammetrically perkily opposed to the extreme that Dream Girl is in the 2nd cover?

I confess to being inexperienced in the pliatudes of the female form, but somehow I doubt it.

--------------------
Buy my new graphic novel!
http://www.dodeka12.com

From: Champaign, IL | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Power Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Power Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
16!!!!!!

that cover has turned me straight. just kidding.

although hughes on hughes is not easy. (especially against the cutie womanizer dirk) i remember being so excited that there was finally a dream girl sw6 somehow....after coming to terms that the young legion without dreamy was probably the inevitable future. (little did i know it would all go to s*it anyways)

and the smirk on her!

From: Ninja Land | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blacula
Easy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blacula   Email Blacula         Edit/Delete Post     
I'm in accord with a couple of other people in this thread in that I don't really like either of these covers either.

On #16 two things stand out - and not in a good way. Thom's freakishly big head and hideous haircut and Nura's fugly thong - possibly my least favourite aspect of the way modern artists draw female costumes.

And #7 just kinda bores me. The colours and composition and subject matter aren't particularly dynamic and I don't think Hughes' pencils are as good as they can be either.

Hmmm I'll vote for #16 because of how nice I thought it was to have those three back (even if it did mean we lost SW6 Ferro Lad who was one of my faves).

From: Australia | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
#16. It'll be clear why in a couple months...
From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Candlelight   Email Candlelight         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
...to a couple of sexy covers. Fooled ya!

-
Personally, I love Adam's work and his Legion covers, in particular.

What I like most about these, besides the obvious beauty of the characters, is the humor in both.

That's why I pick the Atlantis cover.
The fish, Triad and Dirk, even the bubble name, allow more humor than the other one.

Both covers were memorable to me, but on the inside, when Dreamy turns around, her outfit is as low in the front as it is high/low in the back.
Just waaaayyyy too much.

I vote for Dirk and the mermaid.

VS.

-

--------------------
'In the twinkling of an eye'
I'll be dancing in the sky!

Come, join me!

From: Salem, Oregon USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ram Boy
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ram Boy   Email Ram Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
I'm actually surprised at my gay brethren not voting for the Dirk cover. But I understand.

I'll have you know, missy, that I was voting for Chuck's butt!
Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blacula
Easy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blacula   Email Blacula         Edit/Delete Post     
Just as an aside - I'm always amazed at how UGLY I find SW6 Thom's costume to be, yet Reboot Thom's costume is one of my favourite costumes ever. And they are the exact same outfit only with different colours!
From: Australia | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Blacula:
I'm in accord with a couple of other people in this thread in that I don't really like either of these covers either.

Ditto. No vote here. I had no idea that was supposed to be Dirk in the above cover (although Lu would have been recognizable even if there weren't three of her) and the back of Thom's head on the second cover is horrifyingly fugly.

The more I see of Nura's butt, the more I appreciate Kitson's redesign of her costume to include pants. That look on her face seems wrong, as well. Dean draws a way better Dreamy.

It doesn't help that both covers are from an era I know nothing of, so I have no investment at all in what lies beneath those covers.

Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Blacula:
Just as an aside - I'm always amazed at how UGLY I find SW6 Thom's costume to be, yet Reboot Thom's costume is one of my favourite costumes ever. And they are the exact same outfit only with different colours!

You know... I never even noticed that! I was always so distracted by the horrible hair on SW6 that I probably never really paid that much attention to the details of the costume.
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 136 pages: 1  2  3  ...  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  ...  134  135  136   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.