Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » Levitz talks Legion (Page 9)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 12 pages: 1  2  3  ...  6  7  8  9  10  11  12   
Author Topic: Levitz talks Legion
knowjack
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for knowjack           Edit/Delete Post     
I would like to see a back-up feature of 'lost' stories set back in the Legion's past with a rotation of favorite former Legion artists.
From: Memphis, TN | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46
or you can do the confusion 'til your head falls off

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
Bah. All those "favorites" are probably retired and living it up in Florida now. They haven't got time for us anymore!

[slips DC knowjack's portfolio while nobody's looking]

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arachne
Bookworm

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Arachne   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
There's a new interview at Newsarama.

--------------------
arachne3003.deviantart.com
Current Obsession: Birds of Prey/Secret Six

From: Canada | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
I'm amused that Levitz says he can write quickly, because he remembers when it didn't pay well.

[LOL]

But I really have to learn to stop reading comment threads for these things. YouTube and the local newspaper should've taught me that long ago, but I keep forgetting...

[sigh]

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blacula
Easy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blacula   Email Blacula         Edit/Delete Post     
I want these books in my hands now!
From: Australia | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Doctor One
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Doctor One   Email Doctor One         Edit/Delete Post     
I would love to see Paul set one of his stories in 31st century Istanbul, just to see how Cinar would draw his home city.

[ February 04, 2010, 05:33 AM: Message edited by: Doctor One ]

From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ultra Jorge   Email Ultra Jorge         Edit/Delete Post     
I agree Doctor One. I hope Cinar brings some new and exotic to the Legion...seeing Instabul would rock. He's a great artist.

Excited about new members.

From: Tampa | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ultra Jorge   Email Ultra Jorge         Edit/Delete Post     
I agree Doctor One. I hope Cinar brings some new and exotic to the Legion...seeing Instabul would rock. He's a great artist.

Excited about new members.

From: Tampa | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
doublechinner
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for doublechinner   Email doublechinner         Edit/Delete Post     
Here's an interview at CBR, which has a great page of interior art from Cinar.

It would be great if someone in the know could tell us how to pronounce his name. Is it fairly phonetic?

Amusing in this article that someone (I hope not Levitz) confuses "Lightning Boy" and "Cosmic Lad."

Some interesting tidbits suggesting 1) there's some new dynamics between the 3 founders, 2) Colossal Boy still has a connection to Mars, 3) we can expect to see Officer Erin and/or Officer Cusimano.

I'm not surprised, but it's good to know that Levitz wouldn't have "come back" to the reboot or 3boot Legion, even though he liked aspects of them. What's clear is that Levitz is completely comfortable playing with all of the past stuff, both the recent stuff by Johns, his own prior work, and the ancient history of the Legion. For Levitz, that's a huge resource, not a burden, and he views his responsiblity as a writer to make a Legion with all that history interesting to new readers. I don't know if he will succeed or not, but I think that's the attitude a Legion writer OUGHT to have.

--------------------
...but you don't have a moment where you're sitting there staring at a table full of twenty-five characters with little name signs that say, "Hi, my superpower is confusing you!"

From: Chicago, IL | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blacula
Easy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blacula   Email Blacula         Edit/Delete Post     
^^^ Judging by the Gim-connection Levitz mentions I'd say it's more likely that it's SP Officer Gigi Cusimano who's making her long-awaited return.

If so, I wonder if that figures into the Legion marriage break-up that I think he hinted at in another interview? That would be unfortunate. This is the first time I've ever liked Yera and Johns really had me rooting for her reunion with Gim in his Action arc.

The "Lightning Boy" and "Cosmic Lad" moments in that interview were jarring. Those couldn't have been Levitz's errors could they?

From: Australia | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46

GiGi was with Dirk for a while, too, wasn't she?

Gah. I know almost nothing about the Action stuff. I've got holes in my personal timeline the size of craters here. [sulk]

--------------------

Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Candlelight   Email Candlelight         Edit/Delete Post     
Who's being tortured?

And I have gaps too.
Is there a Legion/Action tradepaperback out or something?
[Frown]

--------------------
'In the twinkling of an eye'
I'll be dancing in the sky!

Come, join me!

From: Salem, Oregon USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

Re: the Lightning Boy Cosmic Lad thing. Hey Levitz is getting old...too many darn characters to remember. [Wink] No biggie.

Gim Allon on Mars? While I love Gigi I am expecting a red head...Char Burrane...the 2nd Starfinger.

Colossal Boy
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Colossal Boy   Email Colossal Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Candle:
Who's being tortured?

And I have gaps too.
Is there a Legion/Action tradepaperback out or something?
[Frown]

I think that's Earth Man
Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Tim Drake
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sir Tim Drake   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Tim Drake         Edit/Delete Post     
I would guess that Yildiray Cinar is pronounced something like Yildirai Chinar.

--------------------
Aaron Kashtan/Sir Tim Drake

From: Providence, RI | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 12 pages: 1  2  3  ...  6  7  8  9  10  11  12   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.