Legion World
Topic Closed  Topic Closed

my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » LSH cover FACEOFF!!! (Page 86)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 136 pages: 1  2  3  ...  83  84  85  86  87  88  89  ...  134  135  136   
Author Topic: LSH cover FACEOFF!!!
Mattropolis

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mattropolis   Author's Homepage   Email Mattropolis         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Nightcrawler:
The original...although Davis did do an excellent rendition.

(Someone explain to me why they couldn't have Emerald Empress in the reboot again? Was the Emerald Violet story that important?!?)

Wasn't Zoe originally intended to be the Emerald Empress and they were going to show how she became the Empress. Then they switched gears. The story suffered for it, I think. In the long run it would have been better to just have an Emerald Empress from the beginning.

--------------------
Touch the magic...

From: Morganfield, KY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
stuorstew
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for stuorstew   Email stuorstew         Edit/Delete Post     
Hardest choice so far but I am plumping for 78
From: Dorset, England | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
stuorstew
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for stuorstew   Email stuorstew         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by MLLASH:
ROUND (FATAL) 5!

-

VS.

-

From: Dorset, England | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
brigort
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for brigort   Email brigort         Edit/Delete Post     
I know I shouldn't but I pick LSH #78.
No Superboy!
The less I see of him the better.

From: PEI, Canada | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
#78 is really tempting, as I actually think almost every member of the Fatal Five looks better on it than the original. I prefer my Empress's emerald, however, and that turns the tide against it.
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
superboymddjr
Quiet member

Icon 1 posted      Profile for superboymddjr   Email superboymddjr         Edit/Delete Post     
oh oh oh thats HARD.....love both covers....sigh....oh boy.....I am more leaning toward ........

#78! [Smile] that one is very hard! good one!

and also...sure real eerie looking at Ferro Lad as if he s very much alive. *brrrrr*

From: Hayward, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
78 is flat-out superior art, and has Violet and Lu and Ayla on it, a good use of female characters, and no Superboy, and all sorts of cool stuff that makes me want to love it.

But Adventure has the Emerald Empress, and no stupid Liefieldian '90s-era pouches-for-no-darn-reason. So I'm gonna have to vote for the classic.

Up with Sarya! Down with pouches!

Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lychanthrope
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lychanthrope   Email lychanthrope         Edit/Delete Post     
78 is the better art and no Superboy

Adv has Ferro Lad! but has the bad pink costume and white beehive hair

Tough call...I'll go with...78

[ July 08, 2010, 03:37 PM: Message edited by: lychanthrope ]

From: Bristol IN USA | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dave Hackett
The Red Legionnaire

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dave Hackett           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Nightcrawler:

(Someone explain to me why they couldn't have Emerald Empress in the reboot again? Was the Emerald Violet story that important?!?)

I think it was more that the reboot Eye was just too darned powerful to be part of a team. The thing was a major source of Mordru's power and a threat to the entire Legion on it's own. Later when it did bond to the Empress, it was expressly depowered as a form of self-punishment or something silly like that.

That said, I'll still vote for the reboot cover.

From: Moncton, New Brunswick, Canada | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
The original Adventure cover get's my vote.

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jerry
active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jerry   Email Jerry         Edit/Delete Post     
Tough one. I'll go with Adventure because it is the original. #78 is nice, though.

BTW, I'm a bit surprised by the number of negative comments regarding Superboy's cover appearances.

--------------------
No regrets, Coyote.

From: Missouri | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Omni Craig
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Omni Craig   Email Omni Craig         Edit/Delete Post     
Dang but this one's not fair Lash!!! The Davis homage is beautiful, but I have to give it to the original: Adventure it is!

--------------------
Craig C.

- Time travel stories are told in chronillogical order.

From: Santa Ana, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
Adventure Comics.
From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lone Wolf Legionnaire
Academy Cadet

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lone Wolf Legionnaire   Email Lone Wolf Legionnaire         Edit/Delete Post     
I'm voting for Adventure comics, because it has Superboy and Ferro Lad on it.

--------------------
I tried to rip their soul out.I tried to make them forget Superman.
But they won't.

From: Kentucky | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lucifer07
Interstellar Man of Mystery.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lucifer07   Email Lucifer07         Edit/Delete Post     
Love both covers, but DID NOT LIKE reboot Fatal Farce of a story. Sooooooo Adventure it is.

--------------------
I sought truth.. and found friendship and love, which even your lies can never take the memory of from me. (B5 to Time Trapper LSH 50)

From: Webers World | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 136 pages: 1  2  3  ...  83  84  85  86  87  88  89  ...  134  135  136   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.