Legion World
Topic Closed  Topic Closed

my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » LSH cover FACEOFF!!! (Page 85)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 136 pages: 1  2  3  ...  82  83  84  85  86  87  88  ...  134  135  136   
Author Topic: LSH cover FACEOFF!!!
superboymddjr
Quiet member

Icon 1 posted      Profile for superboymddjr   Email superboymddjr         Edit/Delete Post     
I vote #231!!!! why? because that is the FIRST Legion book that I bought with MY OWN hard-earned ALLOWANCE on my own at old 7-11 convenience store. [Smile]
From: Hayward, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Chief Taylor:
quote:
Originally posted by MLLASH:
how 'bout a bit of GRELL ON GRELL action?

-

VS.

-

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
stuorstew
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for stuorstew   Email stuorstew         Edit/Delete Post     
231 for me
From: Dorset, England | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
future king
Excuse me but can you please direct me to the La Brea Tar Pits in Los Angeles?

Icon 1 posted      Profile for future king   Email future king         Edit/Delete Post     
First off, Grell's art on both covers rocks!
Secondly, S&LSH #219 was the first comic book I ever bought (from the corner variety store back in the 70's), just like Superboymddjr above with his #231! So I have to give the two thumbs up to #219 purely for nastolgia's sake and also the fact that I fell in love with the Legion after reading it so it soley is responsible for my passion for the book ever since.

Ummm... even though #231 was a far better story.

From: ontario | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
duck458
Substitute

Icon 1 posted      Profile for duck458   Email duck458         Edit/Delete Post     
231, though who is Mon-El about to chest-bump?

--------------------
So what.

From: Harrisburg, PA | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Superboy-Supergirl
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Superboy-Supergirl   Email Superboy-Supergirl         Edit/Delete Post     
231 has more action.

--------------------
Bring back the super-cousins

From: nyc | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Power Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Power Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by superboymddjr:
I vote #231!!!! why? because that is the FIRST Legion book that I bought with MY OWN hard-earned ALLOWANCE on my own at old 7-11 convenience store. [Smile]

I think it was also one of my first legion buys, yet i think i got it in some sort of giant size reprint comic or something.

but most likely at 7-11

haha

From: Ninja Land | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

I see which direction the winds of fate are blowing here... FINAL TALLY:

LSH 219... 6 votes

LSH 231... 18 votes

Next Face-Off coming in moments... I'm glad I decided to add this round...!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Candlelight   Email Candlelight         Edit/Delete Post     
I like that Validus has a facial expression and almost, a face!
And the thing I hate about Grell is least evident in that cover.

--------------------
'In the twinkling of an eye'
I'll be dancing in the sky!

Come, join me!

From: Salem, Oregon USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

ROUND (FATAL) 5!

-

VS.

-

--------------------

Mattropolis

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mattropolis   Author's Homepage   Email Mattropolis         Edit/Delete Post     
Adventure...

--------------------
Touch the magic...

From: Morganfield, KY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ram Boy
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ram Boy   Email Ram Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Adventure.
Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Language Arts Dave
searching...

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Language Arts Dave   Email Language Arts Dave         Edit/Delete Post     
my 7 year old son wants to vote for LSH 78. (and would have voted for 219, also.)

--------------------
All you need is Love (and a whole big bucket of Money).

From: Lost in the Ozone Again | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kent Shakespeare           Edit/Delete Post     
78, if only that Vi is the coolest-looking on either cover.
From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
The original...although Davis did do an excellent rendition.

(Someone explain to me why they couldn't have Emerald Empress in the reboot again? Was the Emerald Violet story that important?!?)

From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 136 pages: 1  2  3  ...  82  83  84  85  86  87  88  ...  134  135  136   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.