Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » Legion of Super-Heroes #5 (Preview & Spoilers) (Page 8)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 10 pages: 1  2  3  ...  5  6  7  8  9  10   
Author Topic: Legion of Super-Heroes #5 (Preview & Spoilers)
Insaniac5
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Insaniac5   Email Insaniac5         Edit/Delete Post     
At this point, I am wondering if there is more to Shady & Earth Man than meets the eye (There is definitely more to Harmonioa Li than meets the eye!). Sureley it's not quite what it appears on the last page. I am still wondering if Earth Man's apparent change of hearth is genuine. And what is up with Tinya? Hasn't she ever heard of knocking?!

By the way, the SP buildings look like tennis racket handles. I do not like Timber Wolf and Ultra Boy's costumes. Too much going on with them.

I'm with Sun Boy on the Titanians. I would find a mind reader far more terrifying than a shape shifter. Those Durlans are awfully shifty, though (pun intended).

I love Brainy's comment that there's a "97.5% chance that by the time I could get there, the combat would be resolved...one way or the other."

I still say Dyogene is going to turn into a Guardian.

From: Rochester, NY | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gorilla Nebula
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gorilla Nebula   Email Gorilla Nebula         Edit/Delete Post     
it's not Shady. it's Yera. she's part of the Durlan revenge Squad.

--------------------
Gorilla Nebula

From: san francisco | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46
or you can do the confusion 'til your head falls off

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
GN just broke my brain. [No]

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
future king
Excuse me but can you please direct me to the La Brea Tar Pits in Los Angeles?

Icon 1 posted      Profile for future king   Email future king         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Gorilla Nebula:

Hey!!!!!!
Now THAT sounds viable! I like that guess because it totally makes sense ... Yera would be the perfect "mole" within the Legion to extract revenge against their newest xenophobe member.
That would truly be a great twist.

Uh oh, I just thought of Gim though if that WERE to happen ....
Can you imagine what he'd go through if the woman he learned to love, after he thought he was falling in love with the girl he was infatuated with for so many years, suddenly broke the Legion code for killing by offing E-Man?
Holy s@#! the guy would probably implode!

From: ontario | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Legion Tracker
Veteran

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Legion Tracker           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:

But Yera hasn't appeared in this series, has she? Wouldn't new readers wonder why this character popped up out of nowhere?

--------------------
"Been killed--didn't like it." (Duplicate Damsel, Legion of Super-Heroes #10)

From: Groga | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
future king
Excuse me but can you please direct me to the La Brea Tar Pits in Los Angeles?

Icon 1 posted      Profile for future king   Email future king         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Legion Tracker:
quote:

But Yera hasn't appeared in this series, has she? Wouldn't new readers wonder why this character popped up out of nowhere?
Yes they would. What a great way to introduce this character to the readers, who could double back now and pick up back issues of the Levitz Legion and find out more about the story of Yera.

The more I think about it the more it makes sense that Yera is impersonating Shady. She's done it before with Vi, right?
Yera strikes me as the easily influenced type.
She might help her fellow Durlans with their cause if they appealed to her sense of nationality or something.
It's certainly a viable possibility and would explain Shady's out-of-character behaviour lately.

If that's true where is the real Shady I wonder??

From: ontario | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46
or you can do the confusion 'til your head falls off

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
...She might help her fellow Durlans with their cause if they appealed to her sense of nationality or something.

Nah. Doesn't work for me. Canonically, Yera was raised in U.P. territory. I can't see her suddenly as a born-again nationalist. Not without some kind of explanation or build-up.

Also, it would be a retread of old ground, which I could frankly do without. Hearkening back that way doesn't make a current, weak story better. It just cheapens the memory of the original, stronger story.

This kind of "twist" would irk the hell out of me, frankly.

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gone
gone

Icon 1 posted      Profile for gone   Author's Homepage   Email gone         Edit/Delete Post     
Given that DC is well know for doing exactly that, it just makes it more likely. I say be prepared to be irked and if it doesn't happen then whatever half-baked explaination they do come up with will seem so much better in comparison.

--------------------
gone

From: gone | Registered: Jul 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
stuorstew
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for stuorstew   Email stuorstew         Edit/Delete Post     
Of course if it is Yera she could just be really miffed with Earth Man after his shoddy treatment of her during the Action story.

She could be impersonating Shady as she would be the most plausible of all the unattached Legionnaires who would do that sort of thing.

From: Dorset, England | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Insaniac5
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Insaniac5   Email Insaniac5         Edit/Delete Post     
The Yera thing sounds feasible, though I will wonder how Earth Man could stoop to sleeping with a stinkin' alien. ;-)
From: Rochester, NY | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jimgallagher
www.dodeka12.com

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jimgallagher           Edit/Delete Post     
Night Girl seems a more likely candidate to jump in the sack with him than Shady to me. She could be trying to get back at Cos for dumping her. Shady has no excuse that I can see.

--------------------
Buy my new graphic novel!
http://www.dodeka12.com

From: Champaign, IL | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Yes, it MUST be Yera! That awful hair she was sporting during the original Earth-Man/JLE story and L3W was the obvious clue, people! :nod; [Yes] [Yes]

[Big Grin]

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
Maybe it's not even Yera. Maybe that 'hair' is some parasitic alien that afflicts Durlans and makes them behave all weird!
Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Director Lad
aka Sudro Brown II

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Director Lad   Email Director Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by jimgallagher:
Night Girl seems a more likely candidate to jump in the sack with him than Shady to me. She could be trying to get back at Cos for dumping her.

Oo. I missed that. When did that happen?
From: Los Angeles, CA | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
stuorstew
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for stuorstew   Email stuorstew         Edit/Delete Post     
Off panel but heavily implied during Lo3W.

So really you did not miss anything

From: Dorset, England | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 10 pages: 1  2  3  ...  5  6  7  8  9  10   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.