Legion World
Topic Closed  Topic Closed

my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » LSH cover FACEOFF!!! (Page 78)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 136 pages: 1  2  3  ...  75  76  77  78  79  80  81  ...  134  135  136   
Author Topic: LSH cover FACEOFF!!!
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by MLLASH:

Next, a couple of F5 covers featuring a character shieking... [Wink]

-

VS.

-

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dave Hackett
The Red Legionnaire

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dave Hackett           Edit/Delete Post     
That Staton cover is very "cartoony" in that it looks like it could have been lifted out of a filmation toon, or even an early Super Friends cartoon.

That said, I'll go with the Titans/Legion Special, for better composition (and lots of Validuses).

From: Moncton, New Brunswick, Canada | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Though I'm not crazy about what that Titans/Legion Special represented for the reboot Legion, it's definitely a much better cover than the first. (I mean what the HELL is up with Element Lad's HAIR in that cover?!?!)

Jimenez is the man!

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
I'll go with the Titans/Legion cover as well, even though I'm not a fan of either one. I hate the idea of Gim fighting Validus, plus the "247th anniversary" blurb bugs me.
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for He Who Wanders   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
I don't care for super-hero free-for-all covers. They tend to be overcrowded, hyper-dramatic, and almost needy in their attempt to get my attention. These two covers, sadly, embody all of these traits.

No. 247 almost gets my vote because of the eye-catching device of Gim's fist extending over the logo; however, the size of the logo and the panel at the bottom crowd out the main artwork.

The Titans/Legion special was the last issue I bought before I stopped reading the Legion altogether. It's hard for me to separate those feelings from the merits of the cover itself; however, I have zero interest in Kon-El/Superboy Prime, whose overly dramatic anguish takes up entirely too much space.

No vote for me.

--------------------
The Semi-Great Gildersleeve - writing, super-heroes, and this 'n' that

From: The Stasis Zone | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

I'll give the 247 Staton cover some love.

The alien looks like he's about to scream "STOP TRAMPLING MY SPACE-ROSEBUSHES!!!" or something and it amuses me.

And back then I did not know the signifigance of the 247, so I learned something.

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
Both covers have too much of the picture crowded out by side panels or logos or bottom panels. Very annoying.

I own both of these issues, and this is one of the few issues I have of the reboot team.

It's a hard choice, since there are artistic elements I like on both covers, but I'm gonna have to vote for the Titans / Legion special.

I'd be far more intrigued as to why there were multiple Validus' etc. on the TTLSH cover than I would be about why Spotty McCrazyEared alien is going to stop the battle in 247.

Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
#247 for me.

The Crossover cover loses due to the fact that the side logo takes up too much of the action space and Superboy is too big, prominent for me.

#247 has more focus on Legionnaires while showing Superboy for those superficial buyers that need a Superperson on their covers.

From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Hey guys... anyone interested in going through a 'loser's bracket' so to speak, to give whichever covers lose each round another chance? It would extend this out a bit longer but might be fairer to some deserving covers.

--------------------

superboymddjr
Quiet member

Icon 1 posted      Profile for superboymddjr   Email superboymddjr         Edit/Delete Post     
Legion/Titans is what I am voting for. thank you.

MLLash - hmm go ahead. it's all for fun.

From: Hayward, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
stuorstew
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for stuorstew   Email stuorstew         Edit/Delete Post     
247 for me a more exciting cover of the two and thankfully not featuring the words Teen Titans.

@mllash - I think a losers bracket would be a good idea. Some darn fine covers have gone out and they deserve another chance. (TMK #4 is one that springs to mind)

From: Dorset, England | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
Legion/Titans

The Staton cover is way too cartoony (not that there's anything wrong with that in the right circumstances) and Jimenez is just plain awesome.

From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
brigort
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for brigort   Email brigort         Edit/Delete Post     
Titans/Legion is my pick, but I don't much care for either cover.

I've never liked the cover to 247 and there are too many characters drawn too small on the Titans/Legion cover. And way too much Superboy.

From: PEI, Canada | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by MLLASH:
Hey guys... anyone interested in going through a 'loser's bracket' so to speak, to give whichever covers lose each round another chance? It would extend this out a bit longer but might be fairer to some deserving covers.

I'm for it.
From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

quote:
Originally posted by stuorstew:

@mllash - I think a losers bracket would be a good idea. Some darn fine covers have gone out and they deserve another chance. (TMK #4 is one that springs to mind)

I should have specified the that I was referring to these FATAL 5 covers, but I like revisiting some of the other covers too. After this, I'll start doing "2nd Chance FaceOff"s semi-regularly... thanks for the idea. [Smile]

--------------------

This topic comprises 136 pages: 1  2  3  ...  75  76  77  78  79  80  81  ...  134  135  136   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.