Legion World
Topic Closed  Topic Closed

my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » LSH cover FACEOFF!!! (Page 77)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 136 pages: 1  2  3  ...  74  75  76  77  78  79  80  ...  134  135  136   
Author Topic: LSH cover FACEOFF!!!
KryptonKid
Khyddae Kryptoneum

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KryptonKid   Author's Homepage   Email KryptonKid         Edit/Delete Post     
I was going to go with #366, as I like the more detailed art and the upward angle.
However, I was touched by Exnihil's story and it's his birthday.
I vote #353.

--------------------
~Integritas~

From: Bgtzl Proper | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sketch Lad           Edit/Delete Post     

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by MLLASH:
I got bored. Next Face-Off NOW!! And it is a bit different.

In this ongoing Face-Off, we will ultimately determine Legion World's choice for FAVE FATAL 5 COVER!

To get the ball rolling, there will be 4 Face-offs with 2 covers duking it out in each round (8 covers in all).

Once those 4 winners are chosen, they will go at it in for the ultimate championship in a slam-bang orgy of blood and violence. Or something. Anyhoo, it'll be fun!

I have already chosen the 8 covers. Please be aware I realize there have been certain Fatal 5 covers left out. Forgive me if I left your favorite out.

ROUND ONE!! Which of these ADVENTURE issues featuring the F5 gets YOUR vote???

-

VS.

-

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

superboymddjr
Quiet member

Icon 1 posted      Profile for superboymddjr   Email superboymddjr         Edit/Delete Post     
#366, please. [Smile]
From: Hayward, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for He Who Wanders   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Tough call, as both covers have strengths and weaknesses. The boxing ring set up on # 366 does look silly, yet the composition is much better than # 353's. The earlier cover features Ferro Lad, but it doesn't convey much emotion (apart from the blurb telling me how shocked I will be); the later cover is much more subtle in its appeal: the lighting, the camera angle, the facial expressions create a feeling of seriousness despite the boxing ring. I'd be more apt to read # 366 based on those factors alone.

So, for that reason, my vote goes to # 366.

--------------------
The Semi-Great Gildersleeve - writing, super-heroes, and this 'n' that

From: The Stasis Zone | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blacula
Easy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blacula   Email Blacula         Edit/Delete Post     
I am a total sucker for "In this issue - one of these characters will DIE!" type blurbs and #353 had one of, if not the firsts.

Plus it has go-go checks.

That one wins.

From: Australia | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
stuorstew
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for stuorstew   Email stuorstew         Edit/Delete Post     
From: Dorset, England | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
razsolo
Substitute

Icon 1 posted      Profile for razsolo   Author's Homepage   Email razsolo         Edit/Delete Post     
353! Composition is not as sophistimicated, but Validus looks like way more of a threat..

--------------------
Read the alternate adventures of the Legion after Legion of Three Worlds!
postlo3w

Registered: Nov 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lone Wolf Legionnaire
Academy Cadet

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lone Wolf Legionnaire   Email Lone Wolf Legionnaire         Edit/Delete Post     
Love both, but have to go with Neal Adams on #366.

--------------------
I tried to rip their soul out.I tried to make them forget Superman.
But they won't.

From: Kentucky | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

quote:
Originally posted by Blacula:
I am a total sucker for "In this issue - one of these characters will DIE!" type blurbs and #353 had one of, if not the firsts.

I was wondering myself if that was the first such blurb in comics...

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

ultrajo
Substitute

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ultrajo   Author's Homepage   Email ultrajo         Edit/Delete Post     
From: Ocala, FL | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lucifer07
Interstellar Man of Mystery.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lucifer07   Email Lucifer07         Edit/Delete Post     
ah heck #353

--------------------
I sought truth.. and found friendship and love, which even your lies can never take the memory of from me. (B5 to Time Trapper LSH 50)

From: Webers World | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Outdoor Miner
Vote for Gates!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Outdoor Miner           Edit/Delete Post     

--------------------
Legion World's Badwill Ambassador

From: A Huge, Pulsating, Ever-Expanding Chicken Heart | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mystery Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mystery Lad   Email Mystery Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
#366- because on the other one it looks like Emerald Empress is checking out Validus' backside and that makes me squirm a bit.

366 is Neal Adams! I love his work.

From: Knoxville, TN | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

No new votes in half a day =

FINAL TALLY!

353... 17 votes

366... 8 votes

353 becomes the first FATAL FIVE cover to enter the grand finale!

Next, a couple of F5 covers featuring a character shieking... [Wink]

-

VS.

-

--------------------

This topic comprises 136 pages: 1  2  3  ...  74  75  76  77  78  79  80  ...  134  135  136   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.