Legion World
Topic Closed  Topic Closed

my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » LSH cover FACEOFF!!! (Page 76)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 136 pages: 1  2  3  ...  73  74  75  76  77  78  79  ...  134  135  136   
Author Topic: LSH cover FACEOFF!!!
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
(next FACEOFF coming after the hoiday... it should be a BIG one!)

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

I got bored. Next Face-Off NOW!! And it is a bit different.

In this ongoing Face-Off, we will ultimately determine Legion World's choice for FAVE FATAL 5 COVER!

To get the ball rolling, there will be 4 Face-offs with 2 covers duking it out in each round (8 covers in all).

Once those 4 winners are chosen, they will go at it in for the ultimate championship in a slam-bang orgy of blood and violence. Or something. Anyhoo, it'll be fun!

I have already chosen the 8 covers. Please be aware I realize there have been certain Fatal 5 covers left out. Forgive me if I left your favorite out.

ROUND ONE!! Which of these ADVENTURE issues featuring the F5 gets YOUR vote???

-

VS.

-

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Mattropolis

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mattropolis   Author's Homepage   Email Mattropolis         Edit/Delete Post     
The top one. I can't make out the number...

--------------------
Touch the magic...

From: Morganfield, KY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jerry
active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jerry   Email Jerry         Edit/Delete Post     
#366 - The green background is better, Validus looks more menacing. Realistic looks on the boy's faces.

--------------------
No regrets, Coyote.

From: Missouri | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46
or you can do the confusion 'til your head falls off

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
I'll go with 366, for the really excellent composition. But it was a tough call.

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Language Arts Dave
searching...

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Language Arts Dave   Email Language Arts Dave         Edit/Delete Post     
I like 353 better. The colors, the prominence of Validus, and Ferro Lad.

--------------------
All you need is Love (and a whole big bucket of Money).

From: Lost in the Ozone Again | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
353. Validus looks like he could take on about 5 more Legionnaires.
From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

353 (top one). Go-go checks trump all.

I actually prefer the art on 366, but leaving out Shady and a miscolored Persuader sealed its fate. 353!

--------------------

Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
Definitely a tough one. But I'll go for 353 as the slightly more iconic cover, despite a few weird things about it (like the fact that the Persuader looks like he's about to chop the back of Validus's leg). The anachronistic fighting ring on 366 doesn't do anything for me, plus the fact that Validus's brain apparently takes up his whole head is a bit disturbing.
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SharkLad
Wanderer

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SharkLad   Author's Homepage   Email SharkLad         Edit/Delete Post     

--------------------
Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water...

From: The waters off eastern Long Island | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
I like the art better on 366, but I like the scene and the classic cover blurb on 353. 353 is also the one that would make me want to read the story inside. The boxing ring thing doesn't even remotely pique my interest.

353, for me.

Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
I'm going with #353.

I don't like #366 because of the boxing ring set-up. It makes the cover look posed, while the cover of #353 has action and looks more natural to me.

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
duck458
Substitute

Icon 1 posted      Profile for duck458   Email duck458         Edit/Delete Post     
353, love the checkerboard

--------------------
So what.

From: Harrisburg, PA | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exnihil
back in black (and white)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Exnihil   Email Exnihil         Edit/Delete Post     
353!

That is first Legion comic I ever read, the one that hooked me.

That cover is permanently imprinted on my brain as "THE Legion cover."

--------------------
See Here for the latest update on the 2013 Chicago Gathering (now including tentative attendance list)

Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 136 pages: 1  2  3  ...  73  74  75  76  77  78  79  ...  134  135  136   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.