Legion World
Topic Closed  Topic Closed

my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » LSH cover FACEOFF!!! (Page 73)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 136 pages: 1  2  3  ...  70  71  72  73  74  75  76  ...  134  135  136   
Author Topic: LSH cover FACEOFF!!!
stuorstew
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for stuorstew   Email stuorstew         Edit/Delete Post     
Yay Face-Off is back thanks MLLASH

Legion in the C31 for me a great cover for an amazingly great series.

From: Dorset, England | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
stuorstew
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for stuorstew   Email stuorstew         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by MLLASH:
It was riDONKulous!!

FACE-OFF is back... which of these 3 covers featuring TRIAD or TRIPLICATE GIRL will score YOUR vote???

-

VS.

-

VS.

-

From: Dorset, England | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lychanthrope
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lychanthrope   Email lychanthrope         Edit/Delete Post     
Do not like the WB cover. The other two are pretty close. I'll take #39 because of the action and I like the idea of differemt personalities.
From: Bristol IN USA | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lil'rhino
I love everybody & you're next!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lil'rhino   Author's Homepage   Email lil'rhino         Edit/Delete Post     
Toon Legion #8. Incredible cover!!
From: elizabeth,nj | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for He Who Wanders   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Though I disliked the threeboot and never read # 3, I'm voting for that cover anyway. It's like one of those "Find six differences between these drawings" games, except that there are only three differences: the fingers raised. (Well, four if you count the fact that middle Lu is taller than the rest or is perhaps standing in front of the other two.) I also like her mysterious expression, and the artwork is the best of the three (though the vibrant coloring on # 39 nearly got my vote).

--------------------
The Semi-Great Gildersleeve - writing, super-heroes, and this 'n' that

From: The Stasis Zone | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Honestly, I didn't judge based on which was the best Lu cover but on which was simply the best. That's how, ultimately, I judge all the FACEOFFs irregardless of any other theme that Lash has chosen. The animated cover is just so utterly charming.

Plus, dig those crazy boots on animated Trips! Never noticed those before on the series...LOVE 'em!

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by razsolo:
I choose the Kitson one. It's just a pinup shot yeah, but it's quite elegant, and I can see it being an iconic cover for Triplicate Girl homages..

Yeah, I'd love to see other versions of Lu in that basic design.
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Candlelight   Email Candlelight         Edit/Delete Post     
I would have liked to see the Kitson cover against the Hughs cover since there are more similarites between them.

But, while I love Kitson and don't fault the cover artist for using the colors that the series used for Lu (face it, the white look is very riviting, that's one of the reasons that Nura is so popular), I'm going with the Moy cover.
I LIKED the idea of Lu having different personalities and powers, even if the final take wasn't what I would have written.

So, Moy.

--------------------
'In the twinkling of an eye'
I'll be dancing in the sky!

Come, join me!

From: Salem, Oregon USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
I'm with you, Otie... seeing that cover again is making me want to reread the LSH31C series.

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Director Lad
aka Sudro Brown II

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Director Lad   Email Director Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
#3, without a doubt. I'll take Kitson's mature take on the team over the somewhat or extravagantly juvenile looks on the other covers. (I like Moy's art, but strongly prefer Kitson's.) Also, as an overall cover, I think #3 works best. The "lens flare" in the middle of #39 is a bit too aggressive and ends up obscuring too much of the central image. #8's cover is just too busy (and count me as one of those wondering what the heck Dreamy was doing with Chuck). The image on #3 creates interest more effectively than the other two. I'm also a fan of the retro logo, which is particularly eyecatching on this cover.
From: Los Angeles, CA | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
brigort
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for brigort   Email brigort         Edit/Delete Post     
LSH #3 Kitson takes it.
From: PEI, Canada | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kent Shakespeare           Edit/Delete Post     
Kitson, no Q about it.
From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Animated cover for me, hands down. So much energy going on there! Very dynamic!
From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
duck458
Substitute

Icon 1 posted      Profile for duck458   Email duck458         Edit/Delete Post     
Uh, I'll take LSH#3 to block.

For me the highpoint of the Wak run.

--------------------
So what.

From: Harrisburg, PA | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ultrajo
Substitute

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ultrajo   Author's Homepage   Email ultrajo         Edit/Delete Post     
LSH in the 31st Century cover for me.
From: Ocala, FL | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 136 pages: 1  2  3  ...  70  71  72  73  74  75  76  ...  134  135  136   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.