Legion World
Topic Closed  Topic Closed

my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » LSH cover FACEOFF!!! (Page 7)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 136 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  ...  134  135  136   
Author Topic: LSH cover FACEOFF!!!
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
Legion Companion for me. Despite Dave's failing health (and he forgot Karate Kid), I think he produced a dynamic cover. It's almost 3D.

The other is a favorite of mine, but feels like it needs something more.

From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blacula
Easy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blacula   Email Blacula         Edit/Delete Post     
Drats! I missed the last challenge. I would've voted for #306 too though so all's good.

This is a tough one but only because neither of them elicits any sort of emotion from me. They're just kinda 'there' IMO.

The Outpost one is kinda weirdly interesting with Nura's hair going crazy (she looks like 5YL Spider Girl) and Tinya's sunglasses and that make-out action happening in the background. It reminds me of a James Bond poster now that I think about it.

The Companion is too busy (as someone else said) and the Legionnaires flying through the sky is not a very original idea. But dang, if I don't love that sort of thing. Plus, it's got nearly everyone on it and they all look kinda happy and cheery (which is good to see with this team).

Hmmmm I'll vote for the Companion.

From: Australia | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lil'rhino
I love everybody & you're next!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lil'rhino   Author's Homepage   Email lil'rhino         Edit/Delete Post     
The Legion Outpost for me. It's such a product of it's time.
Besides, the Companion cover omitted Chemical King.

From: elizabeth,nj | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jimgallagher
www.dodeka12.com

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jimgallagher           Edit/Delete Post     
Outpost for me. No question.

--------------------
Buy my new graphic novel!
http://www.dodeka12.com

From: Champaign, IL | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
I like the randomness, almost movie poster quality of the Outpost one better than the tried and true flying in one direction cover.
From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
superboymddjr
Quiet member

Icon 1 posted      Profile for superboymddjr   Email superboymddjr         Edit/Delete Post     
Outpost, hands down easily.
From: Hayward, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Candlelight   Email Candlelight         Edit/Delete Post     
Yes, the Outpost IS a product of it's time and a wonderful poster piece.
The Companion is generic, perhaps as it had to be for it's purpose.

I vote for Dreamy and the OUtpost.

--------------------
'In the twinkling of an eye'
I'll be dancing in the sky!

Come, join me!

From: Salem, Oregon USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
Outpost for me.
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Outpost for me--just spectacularly dynamic!
From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ram Boy
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ram Boy   Email Ram Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Timber Wolf looks pretty awkward on the Outpost cover. But it doesn't matter because the cover belongs to a beautiful Nura and a smokin' hot Tinya.

Outpost.

Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for He Who Wanders   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
I loves me some Cockrum. I'm tempted to say TIE!

If I have to pick one or the other, I'll go with the Outpost for its originality and whimsy.

--------------------
The Semi-Great Gildersleeve - writing, super-heroes, and this 'n' that

From: The Stasis Zone | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
FIRST TALLY:

OUTPOST... 12 votes

COMPANION.. 2 votes

Another lopsided face-off it seems. I'll have to do better next time...

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mattropolis

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mattropolis   Author's Homepage   Email Mattropolis         Edit/Delete Post     
Outpost is my vote: I had never seen this piece before and I am enthralled by the "strangeness" of it.

--------------------
Touch the magic...

From: Morganfield, KY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Power Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Power Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
grrr! missed the last one.

#4. Mon-el kicking the Time Trapper's butt despite the Mordruverse consequences!

and OUTPOST. great composition, all that Dream Girl hair.

From: Ninja Land | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
razsolo
Substitute

Icon 1 posted      Profile for razsolo   Author's Homepage   Email razsolo         Edit/Delete Post     
ohhh this one is difficult!

I love that shot of Mon, even though it's not very dynamic and there is no background, it says a lot about the fight he has in this issue.

BUT...that Star Boy costume is my favourite superhero costume EVER, and I love the way he blends into the stars behind him.

I think both covers actually say a lot about where their particular Legion was at during the time, but the Star Boy one wins by a narrow margin because I think it is actually more clever and objectively a better image.

--------------------
Read the alternate adventures of the Legion after Legion of Three Worlds!
postlo3w

Registered: Nov 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 136 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  ...  134  135  136   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.