Legion World
Topic Closed  Topic Closed

my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » LSH cover FACEOFF!!! (Page 68)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 136 pages: 1  2  3  ...  65  66  67  68  69  70  71  ...  134  135  136   
Author Topic: LSH cover FACEOFF!!!
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
#66 for me!
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by MLLASH:
The ANDROMEDA Face-Off!

-

VS.

-

VS.

-

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

I'm a sucker for the Valor-Girl look. Can't help it. # 34.

SOS, I'll use that cover in a later face-off, it is a beauty.

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

BTW cover 1 is by Jason Pearson, cover 2 by Lee Moder and cover 3 is Adam Hughes.

--------------------

Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Lee Moder 'tude pic!
From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Power Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Power Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
34 anytime.

love pearson's gestural drawing. and the graphic design of the page has a lot of action, tension, and even some story telling.

From: Ninja Land | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mystery Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mystery Lad   Email Mystery Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
LSH #34: What's up with her hair?

LSH #66: "So am I in or what?" Uh, since you're wearing a Legion belt, I guess you are!

Legionnaires #14: Clearly, goofy looking footwear spelled the doom of the SW6 Legion. I just noticed the shadowy figure in the logo (I don't think I ever did before!). Is that Lyle?

Determined grit, ticked-off jerkface or flag-bearing hope? Think I'll go with Legionnaires #14 (though I think it's shadowy Lyle that put me over...) with Mon-el Lass close behind. I'm just not fond of the facial expressions on #66 (Jenni and Ayla and Gim's-- though Brainy's almost makes up for it.)

[ June 10, 2010, 08:28 AM: Message edited by: Mystery Lad ]

From: Knoxville, TN | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Candlelight   Email Candlelight         Edit/Delete Post     
I'm not much of a Pearson fan, thanks for confirming the cover artists, MLLASH.

Normally, I'd pick AH! (almost everytime, really) but I'm going with Moder this time.

Everybody's expressions are pretty fabulous and funny.
Not many covers pull off 'funny'.
That's #66.

--------------------
'In the twinkling of an eye'
I'll be dancing in the sky!

Come, join me!

From: Salem, Oregon USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Power Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Power Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Mystery Lad:

LSH #66: "So am I in or what?" Uh, since you're wearing a Legion belt, I guess your are!

bwahahaha! [LOL]

and yeah that's not one of AH's greatest. for me.

From: Ninja Land | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

quote:
Originally posted by Power Boy:
quote:
Originally posted by Mystery Lad:

LSH #66: "So am I in or what?" Uh, since you're wearing a Legion belt, I guess your are!

bwahahaha! [LOL]
I never noticed that either... OR the shadowy figure in the LEGIONNAIRES 14 logo!

--------------------

Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
#66 for me.

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Director Lad
aka Sudro Brown II

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Director Lad   Email Director Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
I never liked the "Andromeda as xenophobe" storyline and the Moder cover just brings it to mind. The AH cover is so awkwardly posed. Makes me think he should just stick to static pin-up style pieces (though I know he's done better work since).

Did Hughes do much work before his Legion/Legionnaires covers or was he another famous artist that we launched upon the world?

Edited: Whoops! Got my numbers mixed up...

[ June 11, 2010, 09:45 AM: Message edited by: Director Lad ]

From: Los Angeles, CA | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

I think his Justice League (America) work was the first time i saw him do his lovely babes. (Fire, Ice, even a female Dr. Fate) which was prior to Legion. He was the semi regular after Maguire, and Templeton, and luke mcdonnel and he did (part of?) an X-men annual or giant size back in the day.

[ June 10, 2010, 09:55 AM: Message edited by: Power Boy ]

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

He started on an indie called THE MAZE AGENCY prior to JL.

--------------------

Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
#14 is more fun for me.
From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 136 pages: 1  2  3  ...  65  66  67  68  69  70  71  ...  134  135  136   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.