Legion World
Topic Closed  Topic Closed

my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » LSH cover FACEOFF!!! (Page 63)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 136 pages: 1  2  3  ...  60  61  62  63  64  65  66  ...  134  135  136   
Author Topic: LSH cover FACEOFF!!!
Language Arts Dave
searching...

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Language Arts Dave   Email Language Arts Dave         Edit/Delete Post     
Shouldn't the pirate chick be yellow? I always thought this was a relative of Kono.

--------------------
All you need is Love (and a whole big bucket of Money).

From: Lost in the Ozone Again | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by MLLASH:
I think that 33's cool lighting and night sky struck some serious chords... I know it did for me anyway.

OK, ready? Time for a Welcome back, welcome back, welcome back FACE-OFF...

Sometimes a fave creator of years past returns for a story or cover or both... here are 2 such cases. Which cover wins YOUR vote??

-

VS.

-

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
future king
Excuse me but can you please direct me to the La Brea Tar Pits in Los Angeles?

Icon 1 posted      Profile for future king   Email future king         Edit/Delete Post     
Ditto what others have said ... both covers are actually quite stinky but if I had to choose I would pick #262 as it was a Sherman drawing (although not his best work for sure ... it looks like he whipped it together in 15 minutes or something).
Dream Girl looks horrible on this cover, which is hard to do to someone like her.

Jo looks too constipated on the cover of #275, sorry.

From: ontario | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Director Lad
aka Sudro Brown II

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Director Lad   Email Director Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
262. Sherman, properly inked, has always been one of my LSH Faves. I acknowledge Cockrum's contribution to the LSH, love his costume designs, and enjoy much of the work he did on the book, but that cover is just not very good. Compared to 262, it has way too much visual noise in the background, which makes it hard to focus on Ultra Boy. The lines are much cleaner on 262 and Sherman employs some great lighting effects. Plus, we get to see Cos getting all badass, which doesn't happen often enough. Also, there's something unsettling about the elfin aliens, with just the one truly alien figure in the lower left. The team looks like they're in real danger on 262, giving the cover drama and emotional weight. Those qualities are rather contrived on 275, carried by the overwrought captioning (the captions on 262 are also pretty over the top, I admit, but 275 really takes the prize here).
From: Los Angeles, CA | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kent Shakespeare           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Language Arts Lad:
Shouldn't the pirate chick be yellow? I always thought this was a relative of Kono.

not all pirates are Skalarian. Capt Frake was never described as Sklarian; New Tortuga was the only home depicted.

Moreover, Sklarians generally worked with other Sklarians; Frake's crew was of all different species - and many males (which Sklarians tended not to work with).

From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KryptonKid
Khyddae Kryptoneum

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KryptonKid   Author's Homepage   Email KryptonKid         Edit/Delete Post     
I hate #262 the least.

--------------------
~Integritas~

From: Bgtzl Proper | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
#262 for the Hitler moustache
From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
Isn't Capt. Frake from the same group of pirates that sent Dynamo Boy to infiltrate the Legion?
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lil'rhino
I love everybody & you're next!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lil'rhino   Author's Homepage   Email lil'rhino         Edit/Delete Post     
#262 for me!! Nura in platforms and Cosmic Boy's bulge!!
From: elizabeth,nj | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
Tinya's incorrect pants-in-boots really bother me.

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
stephbarton
Possibly an evil Legionnaire

Icon 1 posted      Profile for stephbarton   Email stephbarton         Edit/Delete Post     
275 for me, it's an alright cover, where 262 looks down right bad.

--------------------
Long Live the Legion!

Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Power Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Power Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by MLLASH:
Tinya's incorrect pants-in-boots really bother me.

lash you've outdone yourself with this one. lol.
From: Ninja Land | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Power Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Power Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
why oh why is my internet so bad it results in triple posts and i have to try to say something in each one to play it off. [tease]

[ June 02, 2010, 05:43 PM: Message edited by: Power Boy ]

From: Ninja Land | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

that space pirate sure looks Angry!! and tinya looks sooo confused. maybe it's her new boots.

[ June 02, 2010, 05:42 PM: Message edited by: Power Boy ]

Ram Boy
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ram Boy   Email Ram Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
I'm going with #275

262 is just way too kitschy for its own good.

Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 136 pages: 1  2  3  ...  60  61  62  63  64  65  66  ...  134  135  136   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.