Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » Levitz talks Legion (Page 6)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 12 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12   
Author Topic: Levitz talks Legion
cleome46
or you can do the confusion 'til your head falls off

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
[snip]

quote:
Then why'd you go ahead an explain it?...

[LOL]

BB, that's my explanation. I don't expect that the pros are trailing me around and hanging on my every word. If they are, I want cash, and a trendy title like "Half-Baked Itinerant Consultant At Large" or whatever.

Oh, and I have long hair IRL. I'd look just like your standard issue hot super-chick if not for... uh, everything else. [Razz]

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
Durla, huh?

COULD be a way to begin the slow process of lightening up the xenephobia in the new continuity. Y'know, everyone joins together to show support after the planet they all secretly were afraid of was destroyed by drunken space-rednecks?

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
Great. Just great. Now not only have I got Midnight Oil's "Redneck Wonderland" stuck in my head, I keep picturing Durlans as all carrying surfboards and speaking with thick Aussie accents.

[shakes fist]

Curse you, Super-Lash Tot! Currrrse yooooou!!11

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lil'rhino
I love everybody & you're next!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lil'rhino   Author's Homepage   Email lil'rhino         Edit/Delete Post     
Durla's the planet.
Rokk & Lydda are the couple he's referring too.

From: elizabeth,nj | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lil'rhino
I love everybody & you're next!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lil'rhino   Author's Homepage   Email lil'rhino         Edit/Delete Post     
JAMES SHERMAN!!!!
From: elizabeth,nj | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by cleome:
Great. Just great. Now not only have I got Midnight Oil's "Redneck Wonderland" stuck in my head, I keep picturing Durlans as all carrying surfboards and speaking with thick Aussie accents.

[shakes fist]

Curse you, Super-Lash Tot! Currrrse yooooou!!11

[LOL]
From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Owl Lad
proudtobecanadian

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Owl Lad   Email Owl Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
I felt like I've been in a comics coma and I've finally come to!

May is too long away.

Everything sounds too good to be true.

I like the idea of Tyroc's homeworld going buh-bye, giving him a reason to return to Legion permanently. More legionnaires from racial minorities seems to make logical sense for a group that's supposed to represent different worlds. It's the U.N. of space.

The idea of Durla biting the dust is an intriguing one, since any survivors could now hide anywhere as anyone; they could be the most targeted race to be hated due to the xenophobia that Levitz wants to focus on.

From: Canada | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Silver Age Lad
Part-time member living in another century

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Silver Age Lad   Email Silver Age Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Owl Lad:
More legionnaires from racial minorities seems to make logical sense for a group that's supposed to represent different worlds. It's the U.N. of space.

The whole problem I have is that Africans aren't a racial minority there are over a billion now -caucasions only account for about 700 million, while the Indian sub-continent and China both have a billion.

OK other planets may have different breakdowns but the Earth representatives should reflect the population now or as it is likely to be in 1000 years - possibly 'coffee colored people by the score'.

--------------------
"Our devotion to each other was unexplainable"
"You were kids"
"No Batman, we were Legion"

From: Ancient Kingdom of Northumbria, UK | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blockade Boy
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blockade Boy   Email Blockade Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Eh, I think there's something not right with that accounting. We're missing some people.

Anyhow

I've been seeing more and more purple people. Can't imagine how many of those there will be in 1000 years, but I'm pretty sure they'll dominate.

A 1000 years isn't all that long for a darwin type genetic revolution to take place so current trends being what they are...

Of course now if planets had been populated by people who were alien kidnapped before the sail sped up color mixing, then we could reasonably still see distinct present day earth type racial characteristics.

From: East Toledo | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Owl Lad
proudtobecanadian

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Owl Lad   Email Owl Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
[/qb][/QUOTE]The whole problem I have is that Africans aren't a racial minority there are over a billion now -caucasions only account for about 700 million, while the Indian sub-continent and China both have a billion.

OK other planets may have different breakdowns but the Earth representatives should reflect the population now or as it is likely to be in 1000 years - possibly 'coffee colored people by the score'. [/QB][/QUOTE]

Even by this estimation, then, all the more to see more black, Indian and Chinese characters(at least one so as not to alienate the entire reading demographic).

From: Canada | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46

[snip]

quote:

Even by this estimation, then, all the more to see more black, Indian and Chinese characters(at least one so as not to alienate the entire reading demographic).

[Yes]

We Caucazoids really need to be better about sharing our toys with others.

Writers and artists lament about the difficulty of portraying a character like Tyroc, and fans complain that characters of color are "too angry," "too bland," "too good and infallible," etc. An obvious way to alleviate this problem is to have more than just a single token person of color in an ongoing story. Have two, have twenty, but not just one.

Nobody refers to a character like Guy Gardner as "the angry White man," do they? If he were the only White character in the Green Lanterns, though...

--------------------

Silver Age Lad
Part-time member living in another century

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Silver Age Lad   Email Silver Age Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Blockade Boy:
Eh, I think there's something not right with that accounting. We're missing some people.

Yes Native Americans, Native Australians, Polynesians, Arabs, Indo China, Indonesians, Japanese etc etc

the point was really about people of African skin/features not being a minority. The UN recently 'celebrated' Africa passing the 1 billion population point following on from India doing so a few years back
quote:

Even by this estimation, then, all the more to see more black, Indian and Chinese characters(

My point exactly

--------------------
"Our devotion to each other was unexplainable"
"You were kids"
"No Batman, we were Legion"

From: Ancient Kingdom of Northumbria, UK | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blockade Boy
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blockade Boy   Email Blockade Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Don't forget
Melanesians. Can't have too many Melanesians.

From: East Toledo | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Candlelight   Email Candlelight         Edit/Delete Post     
Now that we're back to the retroboot, the writers and artists can pay more attention to the little details that separate different ethnic groups and employ some of them for more diversity (plus add new Legionnaires that are 'different'.)

Tinya - Mexican or Puerto Rican
Luornu - Slavic
Val, if alive - Asian
Jo - Russian
Rokk - Hebrew
Dawnstar - Indian, oh, she's already Plains Indian, sorry
Salu - Mediterranian, Greek or Egyptian or French
Ayla/Garth - Scottish/Dutch redheads with freckles, very rare
Imra/Nura/Mysa/Jecka - Scandinavian
Jacques/Daniel - French/African
Jennie - American/Mulato (her father always looked Creole, to me)
Gim - middle American/Canadian

Anyway, that's the idea, play up regional differences for more diversity.

--------------------
'In the twinkling of an eye'
I'll be dancing in the sky!

Come, join me!

From: Salem, Oregon USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blacula
Easy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blacula   Email Blacula         Edit/Delete Post     
^^^ I always thought Jenni's Dad's origins stretched back to the Indian sub-contintent. She always looked more Indian than African to me anyway.
From: Australia | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 12 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.