Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » ADVENTURE COMICS #1 (#504) SPOILERS! (Page 6)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 12 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12   
Author Topic: ADVENTURE COMICS #1 (#504) SPOILERS!
Awkward Pause Boy
Candidate

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Awkward Pause Boy   Email Awkward Pause Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Bottle City of Kanga:
I think Blok will end up having Mordru's face.

That's what I thought! Hooray for unnecessary twists!
From: Portland, Oregon | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bottle City of Kanga
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bottle City of Kanga   Author's Homepage   Email Bottle City of Kanga         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Awkward Pause Boy:
quote:
Originally posted by Bottle City of Kanga:
I think Blok will end up having Mordru's face.

That's what I thought! Hooray for unnecessary twists!
But it's just so stoopid!

--------------------
http://bottlecityofkanga.blogspot.com/

Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pariscub
Deputy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pariscub   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Not overly impressed so far...

First because I've never been a fan of the new Superboy. Manapul's art was very good (wonder how much the colorist is responsible for that though) but the script was rather "meeh".

Then Legion... *sigh*

Now if it was a preview for a complete issue, why not, but this wasn't that great and I doubt it would interest any people in the Legion. Plus, as people have already said, there are "water issues" with Tellus and to be honest, i'm getting tired of mad Starman...

Of course, I'm also not a fan of Clayton henry, and this even that good compared to what he can do.

We'll wait to see how it goes with the next issue.

--------------------
Ze Frainch Legion fan

From: Edinburgh, Scotland | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Superboy-Supergirl
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Superboy-Supergirl   Email Superboy-Supergirl         Edit/Delete Post     
i just wish we got a Torando Twins Mini or somehow they retcon the torando twins being alive...i never saw the rational for killing them. and keep them dead no matter what happens.

1)death during the 5 year gap
2)death b4 the reboot legion's appearance (same earth though)
3) death post infinite crisis.

--------------------
Bring back the super-cousins

From: nyc | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bottle City of Kanga
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bottle City of Kanga   Author's Homepage   Email Bottle City of Kanga         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Superboy-Supergirl:
i just wish we got a Torando Twins Mini or somehow they retcon the torando twins being alive...i never saw the rational for killing them. and keep them dead no matter what happens.

1)death during the 5 year gap
2)death b4 the reboot legion's appearance (same earth though)
3) death post infinite crisis.

The Tornado Twins only appeared twice though didn't they? Originally?

--------------------
http://bottlecityofkanga.blogspot.com/

Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Candlelight   Email Candlelight         Edit/Delete Post     
The way this works out, there was always only one set of twins for the 2 universes?
I wonder if there's a set in Prime?

Anyway, I'm just glad the last of the 3 universes Element Lads is still alive!
He's one of my top 5 Legionnaires and he's had a hard row to hoe!
Poor guy.
sigh

Blok is talkin' so he at least has a jaw.
I doubt he'll look like Mordru since Mordru's 'look' is mostly hair.
But Darkseid is a chilling possibility!

--------------------
'In the twinkling of an eye'
I'll be dancing in the sky!

Come, join me!

From: Salem, Oregon USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blacula
Easy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blacula   Email Blacula         Edit/Delete Post     
The Blok sub-plot hint was probably (definitely?) my least favourite thing about this issue. There's just no resolution to that panel that I see myself liking. Blok was fine like he was dammit! And after we spent so long waiting for him to come back too! [Frown]
From: Australia | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lancesrealm
amiable

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lancesrealm   Email lancesrealm         Edit/Delete Post     
Sooo...just out of curiosity - which Legion is this?

Blok is alive? Does this mean this Legion is pre-TMK?

Is Mon-El alive? Does he still have the Krypton connection?

Yera and Lydda are in the Legion, so....um...where does this fit into previous continuity? Or perhaps, it isn't supposed to?

From: Cincinnati | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arachne
Bookworm

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Arachne   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
It's kind of the first Legion, picking up somewhere in the early Baxter issues I think. There are inconsistencies, though.

Karate Kid was alive, but got killed a new way. There's been no mention of Supergirl. No mention of Imra and Garth's kids (or of their marriage, that I recall.) No sign of Magnetic Kid. Sensor Girl was in the same issue as Karate Kid. Timberwolf and Ayla seem to be together. I'm sure there's plenty of other stuff I'm missing.

--------------------
arachne3003.deviantart.com
Current Obsession: Birds of Prey/Secret Six

From: Canada | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sarcasm Kid
Bring Back Lian Harper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sarcasm Kid   Author's Homepage   Email Sarcasm Kid         Edit/Delete Post     
Lydda and Rokk aren't in a relationship.

Salu's still at Yera's throat.

Validus is still in the Fatal Give.

There has been evidence of the marriage, since Imra's name in the caption boxes is "Imra Ardeen-Ranzz".

--------------------
I want to be hated by lies
-
Bring Back Lian Harper

Join the movement
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=373120795632&ref=mf

From: Bronx, NY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Candlelight   Email Candlelight         Edit/Delete Post     
Well, I'm not the expert, but this seems to be the 5 year gap that was skipped over before, but with some major (or minor, depending how you see it) differences.

I don't think Garth is Protyized.

Mon El hasn't been in the eventually fatal fight with the Time Trapper, that then, lead to Lar destroying the Trapper and the consequences from that.

This is all pre-Zero Hour, as well, which hopefully won't happen this time.

The whole timeline is also pre-TMK ~ not 5YL.

Val was resurrected somehow (I've been told he says that in the LS), and was killed AGAIN later in the Lightning Saga.

I don't think this is early Baxter, though, I think it's AFTER Baxter and the Magic Wars, Pol is dead, I think.

Maybe it's the first year, or even the first few months, after the Baxter series ended.
I don't have the stories anymore, but I think I'm pretty close.

But, then again, if it IS early Baxter, Sorcerer's World wouldn't have been locked down yet and Pol would be alive.

But Shady hasn't changed her outfit at all, which doesn't make sense, she should have been out of that thing long ago.
It also might mean that she could still die on the Science Asteroid, I guess.
[Confused]

I'm sure someone will correct me if I have the 'Baxter' era incorrectly in my mind, though.

[ August 19, 2009, 07:07 AM: Message edited by: Candle ]

--------------------
'In the twinkling of an eye'
I'll be dancing in the sky!

Come, join me!

From: Salem, Oregon USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arachne
Bookworm

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Arachne   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Sorcerer's World was locked down how? I don't have many of those issues. Mysa went back there at the end of L3W, didn't she?

--------------------
arachne3003.deviantart.com
Current Obsession: Birds of Prey/Secret Six

From: Canada | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
Sorcerer's World was locked down by some entity called the Arch-Mage, who was the source of Zerox's magic power and had been imprisoned in the planet long ago. There was actually a giant padlock and chain around the planet, IIRC. To break the lock, a life had to be sacrificed - and Pol flew off, Ferro Lad style, to accomplish the task.

Post Magic War, with a few inconsistencies, makes sense to me as the Lo3W setting. The U.P. would be in a bit of shambles, still recovering from the loss of technology that the Magic Wars caused. In economic bad times, there's usually a search for scapegoats, and Earthgov might have focussed on aliens - and maybe blame the Legion for the whole mess as well. Colu would have been particularly hard hit by the Magic Wars, which would explain the particularly nutty nuttiness we saw in the previous Johns' Legion storyline.

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Silver Age Lad
Part-time member living in another century

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Silver Age Lad   Email Silver Age Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Lance's realm:
Sooo...just out of curiosity - which Legion is this?

Blok is alive? Does this mean this Legion is pre-TMK?

Is Mon-El alive? Does he still have the Krypton connection?

Yera and Lydda are in the Legion, so....um...where does this fit into previous continuity? Or perhaps, it isn't supposed to?

This is the sort of original Legion picking up from after Crisis on Infinite Earths but after about a two-three years gap. The 5YG/5YL and the post Crisis (Pocket Universe) eras are separate timelines that no longer exist so pretty much nothing that happened during those periods has come to pass. Blok, Dirk and Mon-El are all alive.

Lydda and Yera plus Myg joined during the two-three years that remain unrecorded and during that period Val was revived somehow.

Mon-El is part of the Legion and is an old friend of Superboy/man. Superboy (Kal-El) himself was a Legionnaire even though he never wore the costume as Superboy in his own time.

Garth does not have the conciousness of Proty.

There has been no mention of the Ranzz kids or Pol Krinn. Every other member at the time of Crisis on Infinite Earths is a member though some are MIA.

From: Ancient Kingdom of Northumbria, UK | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Superboy
RE-RETCONNED

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Superboy   Email Superboy         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Silver Age Lad:
Superboy (Kal-El) himself was a Legionnaire even though he never wore the costume as Superboy in his own time.

I'm not sure that's the case. I've heard different statements on this. I think it's that he did have a career including in the suit somewhat, but it was very secretive. That means he didn't prance around in public in the suit for sure, but I don't think it means absolutely that he never wore the costume in his own time.
Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 12 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.