Legion World
Topic Closed  Topic Closed

my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » LSH cover FACEOFF!!! (Page 55)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 136 pages: 1  2  3  ...  52  53  54  55  56  57  58  ...  134  135  136   
Author Topic: LSH cover FACEOFF!!!
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by MLLASH:
THIS FACE-OFF FOURGY is for the CHEMICAL KING fans... pick your 1 favorite cover from:

S/LSH 211, in which Condo saves Jan from himself...

-

VS.

S/SLH 228, Chem's heroic sacrifice to prevent WW8...

-

VS.

This late-Levitz era flashback...

-

VS.

This SECRET ORIGINS, which featured one of the most heartbreaking tales ever, "The Unique Properties of Condo Arlik"...

-

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
I'm going with the SECRET ORIGINS cover...

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Doctor One
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Doctor One   Email Doctor One         Edit/Delete Post     
59 for me. I just love Lightle covers.
From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blacula
Easy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blacula   Email Blacula         Edit/Delete Post     
Aaarrghh - so hard! I like them all in their way.

S&LSH #211 - I'll discount the first one since a) 2/5 of the cover is taken up by the logo and its ugly green background; b) Condo is not the main player on it; c) it is not a very well designed cover (why is Sun Boy there if he's so completely obscured?); and d) why are all the Legionnaires but Superboy standing in exactly the same front-on, legs 2 metres-apart pose no matter what they're physically doing. Actually I take back what I said in the top line - this is an AWFUL cover!

S&LSH #228 - I love those old 'Who will die in this issue?' type covers that the second one represents. It reminds me of a time when deaths in comics were actually a novel, exciting thing. This one's always made me laugh though. Did any reader at the time actually look at that cover and see those 4 other prominent Legionnaires next to the obscure Condo and not know that his goose was cooked? What a shame Deregon didn't go after that blow-up sex-doll of Imra instead though and then we might not have lost a Legionnaire at all.

LSH #59 - The third one is a great cover. Very moody and eerie. I love the use of black and dark blues contrasted with the yellow of Jacques here.

Secret Origins #47 - Another fab cover. And a great issue. My only gripe is that Lyle didn't get a cover mention or a solo story here. Would've made the memorial issue complete. (Along with a Triplicate Girl story too I guess.)

Tough choice between the second and third one but I think I'm gonna go with the Lightle 'Ghosts' issue. The better pencil work wins the day.

LSH #59 wins.

[ May 25, 2010, 11:22 PM: Message edited by: Blacula ]

From: Australia | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jerry
active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jerry   Email Jerry         Edit/Delete Post     
Yikes. It would be really wimpy of me to call it a four way tie, but I'm tempted.

Condo looks the best on S/LSH #211.

LSH# 59 is interesting and mysterious.

Secret Origins is the most fun.

However, the winner for me is S/LSH # 228. I like the white background and I just can't vote against Grell's Superboy front and center. Cover hog? You betcha. His name is still in the title so he has the right.

--------------------
No regrets, Coyote.

From: Missouri | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
LSH 59, a beautiful, moody Lightle cover. Just goes to show, though, that Condo never got a cover he didn't have to share with other Legionnaires getting equal billing...even the issue with his death. I kinda wish that issue's cover had shown him centrally in a heroic moment, even if it telegraphed that he was going to be the one to die. (Though I doubt anyone who bought the issue off the stands would have been surprised it was Condo given the other choices on the cover.)

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mattropolis

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mattropolis   Author's Homepage   Email Mattropolis         Edit/Delete Post     
Secret Origins

--------------------
Touch the magic...

From: Morganfield, KY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
211 is the one I want to read, based on the cover. The art, not nearly as good as that on 59, but it wins for me.
Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
stuorstew
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for stuorstew   Email stuorstew         Edit/Delete Post     
Secret Origins
From: Dorset, England | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Candlelight   Email Candlelight         Edit/Delete Post     
Yes, Superboy died in another issue.
Gim, too.

Ghosts is actually the best cover, artistically, I think.
And the most innovative.

BUT,
I think I'm going to vote for the Secret Origins cover.
This contest is about Condo and while he's not center, he's easily recognizeable and handsome.

So, Secrets for me.

--------------------
'In the twinkling of an eye'
I'll be dancing in the sky!

Come, join me!

From: Salem, Oregon USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
razsolo
Substitute

Icon 1 posted      Profile for razsolo   Author's Homepage   Email razsolo         Edit/Delete Post     
I am going with #59...I actually don't love Steve Lightle's art all THAT much, but conceptually that's a great cover (eerie), and I love the juxtaposition of an Invisible Kid against actual spirits.

Karate Kid looks like he just saw a mouse on the Secret Origins one.. [Big Grin]

--------------------
Read the alternate adventures of the Legion after Legion of Three Worlds!
postlo3w

Registered: Nov 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lychanthrope
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lychanthrope   Email lychanthrope         Edit/Delete Post     
211 I just like the art better. The origins cover comes in second.
From: Bristol IN USA | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Power Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Power Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
From: Ninja Land | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
I'm going for uperboy & the Legion of Superheroes 228.

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ram Boy
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ram Boy   Email Ram Boy         Edit/Delete Post     

SQUEEEEEEE!!!!!

Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 136 pages: 1  2  3  ...  52  53  54  55  56  57  58  ...  134  135  136   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.