Legion World
Topic Closed  Topic Closed

my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » LSH cover FACEOFF!!! (Page 54)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 136 pages: 1  2  3  ...  51  52  53  54  55  56  57  ...  134  135  136   
Author Topic: LSH cover FACEOFF!!!
lychanthrope
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lychanthrope   Email lychanthrope         Edit/Delete Post     
Not a big fan of either, but at least Griffen showed us something. Vote for Griffen

I get my copy of Cinar tomorrow.

From: Bristol IN USA | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by MLLASH:
LSH # 1 FACE-OFF!!!

CHOOSE! [Smile]

-

VS.

-

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Outdoor Miner
Vote for Gates!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Outdoor Miner           Edit/Delete Post     
TMK. That cover genuinely sets a mood.

The Cinar cover isn't bad, it just isn't a good way to kick off a new series.

--------------------
Legion World's Badwill Ambassador

From: A Huge, Pulsating, Ever-Expanding Chicken Heart | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lil'rhino
I love everybody & you're next!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lil'rhino   Author's Homepage   Email lil'rhino         Edit/Delete Post     
TMK. It's monochromatic, counter-intuitive, audacious.
From: elizabeth,nj | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
razsolo
Substitute

Icon 1 posted      Profile for razsolo   Author's Homepage   Email razsolo         Edit/Delete Post     
I give it to V4, no contest. Personally, I loved Giffen's style during that period...it was unlike anything else that I had seen in comics.

And I think that cover is really amazing for a team like the Legion, which has traditionally been about hope and optimism. Obviously, everything has fallen apart, and the darkness of that series didn't seem to me at least to be forced to meet some editorial mandate, but was rather from a really genuine creative well. Even though a lot of things were deconstructed with that Legion, the creators didn't lose sight of what made the Legion such a popular concept...there was always that underlying hope and optimism behind their actions, it just took a bit of a beating at times. I find that a lot more endearing than stuff like say, Teen Titans, which has become in recent years one disgusting cynical gorefest.

Also, the current cover would be a great cover for a storyline introducing a Lantern Legionnaire, but as the first issue of a whole new series I think it should really be doing more to sell the concept of the book as a whole...

--------------------
Read the alternate adventures of the Legion after Legion of Three Worlds!
postlo3w

Registered: Nov 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
brigort
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for brigort   Email brigort         Edit/Delete Post     
I don't hate the new cover, maybe not the best choice for a first issue, but there's been worse.

My vote is for the Giffen cover though.
The anticipation I felt waiting for the series to start was like nothing I had felt in comics.

It's just too bad that five issues in everything was scuttled and it fell off the rails.

From: PEI, Canada | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ram Boy
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ram Boy   Email Ram Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
I like the energy of the second cover. The first one just seems too dank.
Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KryptonKid
Khyddae Kryptoneum

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KryptonKid   Author's Homepage   Email KryptonKid         Edit/Delete Post     
I have always loved Giffen's #1. It communicates a wealth of feeling without revealing anything but the new title's tone.

--------------------
~Integritas~

From: Bgtzl Proper | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
superboymddjr
Quiet member

Icon 1 posted      Profile for superboymddjr   Email superboymddjr         Edit/Delete Post     
no more faceoff? it s been two days! [Big Grin]
From: Hayward, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Just riding the # 1 wave a little bit longer...

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

jimgallagher
www.dodeka12.com

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jimgallagher           Edit/Delete Post     
You're falling down on the job, Lash. We want more more MORE!

--------------------
Buy my new graphic novel!
http://www.dodeka12.com

From: Champaign, IL | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Okay I can take a hint... looks like 1989's moody #1 easily trounces the current #1...

new Face-off coming shortly....

--------------------

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

THIS FACE-OFF FOURGY is for the CHEMICAL KING fans... pick your 1 favorite cover from:

S/LSH 211, in which Condo saves Jan from himself...

-

VS.

S/SLH 228, Chem's heroic sacrifice to prevent WW8...

-

VS.

This late-Levitz era flashback...

-

VS.

This SECRET ORIGINS, which featured one of the most heartbreaking tales ever, "The Unique Properties of Condo Arlik"...

-

--------------------

Omni Craig
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Omni Craig   Email Omni Craig         Edit/Delete Post     
Seeing as how this is a cover-off, I'll go with S/LSH #228 because of the Grell cover with shock & surprise. If it was a story-off, the Secret Origins "Unique Properties..." would win hands down for me.

--------------------
Craig C.

- Time travel stories are told in chronillogical order.

From: Santa Ana, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
I'll go with the LSH #59 "Ghosts in the Clubhouse" cover.
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 136 pages: 1  2  3  ...  51  52  53  54  55  56  57  ...  134  135  136   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.