Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » Levitz talks Legion (Page 5)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 12 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  10  11  12   
Author Topic: Levitz talks Legion
Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Candlelight   Email Candlelight         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Sarcasm Kid:
Guys, you remember that mention from Levitz about Jim Sherman possibly coming back on Legion?

I think I might be responsible for that.

Do tell?!

And I like the captions, if I can read them.
The red in yellow is a combination that my eyes don't see well.

I'm tired of destroyed planets, too.
The reboot got rid of Dryad, Trom and Skylar, at least.
It seems like Daxam's been destroyed at least once, I can't remember when, Orando in Primeboot and Zerox in Baxter.

Earth Man, I'm afraid, would be my last pick for a storyarc to be built on. He kind of reminds me of the reboot wacko hero from the DnA galaxy, too.

The Legion has dealt with xenaphobia many times, even before Waid/Kitson.
The whole idea of using kids was because the theory was that kids are more accepting of differences.
I've worked with kids for many years and that an urban myth that is totally untrue.
They're little monsters with anyone different.

College age is where the most acceptance comes in, I think, although I don't have any empirical proof.
[Smile]

Sherman is okay, as is Giffen.
I'd like to see Lightle, Hughes and Coipel do arcs, myself.
Grell might be fun, as well, as long as they keep him away from costume design.
sorry

The new artist looks quite interesting, exciting even.
Ayla and Brainiac are awesome, as is Shady, even though I hate her costume.
He even made Imra smile!
I like her in short hair.

The couple that went south, besides maybe Cos and Night Girl, might be Nura and Throm.
The whole Starman thing is so strange, he acts like he's lost her forever, even though he still loves her.
She acted pretty strange in the Lightning Saga, too.

I'm really happy about 2 titles plus Lar is still in Justice League and/or Superman?
We also have the 'timed' Legionnaires for awhile longer.
Such riches!

--------------------
'In the twinkling of an eye'
I'll be dancing in the sky!

Come, join me!

From: Salem, Oregon USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sarcasm Kid
Bring Back Lian Harper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sarcasm Kid   Author's Homepage   Email Sarcasm Kid         Edit/Delete Post     
Because Sherman was at Big Apple Con in June, and I showed him my hardcover of Superman and the Legion because I wanted a commission of one of the Legionnaires in their new outfits by a classic LoSH artist. He did Saturn Girl. I think that was the first he heard of it.

--------------------
I want to be hated by lies
-
Bring Back Lian Harper

Join the movement
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=373120795632&ref=mf

From: Bronx, NY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Candlelight   Email Candlelight         Edit/Delete Post     
Ahhhh.
Thanks for sharing that encounter.
I love little tidbits like that!

--------------------
'In the twinkling of an eye'
I'll be dancing in the sky!

Come, join me!

From: Salem, Oregon USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by superboymddjr:
where are Matter Eater Lad, Bouncing Boy, and Duplicat Damsel?

Oh, gawd, NOOOOOOO!!!! Levitz, don't start this merde again!!!!

Meanwhile, the new artist is TITS.

PS/

Don't forget Drura!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arm Fall Off Boy
Now starring in his own DC Comic, September 2011!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Arm Fall Off Boy   Email Arm Fall Off Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
WOW O WOW O WOW O WOW O WOW O WOW O Wow!
Here I am, have to be at work tomorrow at 7am. "Let's see if there's anything new with the Legion this week..HOLY CRAP!" Now I'm up later than I should be and will probably have a hard time getting to sleep--and I couldn't be happier!

Levitz mentions that Keith Giffen wanted to do a certain issue--I'll bet it's not the one where "the planet___________ explodes into a million pieces."

I am so looking forward to this. Two Legion books a month? It's like Christmas all year long! I'm using a lot of exclamation marks!!!!

This sounds great and the artist looks impressive.
Things I'd like to see changed:

1. The caption boxes. Okay, fine if you are going to keep them, but contrasting colors please! Black and white...Yellow and black...White and blue...
2. I'd like to see LL's costume change too. Looks too much like a diaper.
3. Just a little longer hair for Saturn Girl. It looks like she had it shaved in some prison camp and it never grew back right. There was just no explanation for why the sudden change.

The group shot: Hopefully this is either a centerfold page or one of those where they fly off at the end of the issue. Nothing says it has to be from the first issue either.
In summary:
[Bouncing Boy] [Bouncing Boy] [Bouncing Boy] [Bouncing Boy] [Bouncing Boy] [Bouncing Boy]
YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!

--------------------
Long Live all them Legions!

From: North Carolina | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46
or you can do the confusion 'til your head falls off

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
[waves at AFOB]

I honestly don't understand why SG's hair needs to be "explained." I see plenty of women IRL who wear their hair super-short. (It has nothing to do with, er, "prison camp." Women like it because it's low-maintenance and doesn't feel heavy and unwieldy, usually.) Frankly, I always like seeing it in comics, rather than the traditional flowing locks all over the place.

Now if we could just get some curly-haired females in there somewhere.

[Dream Girl]

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
razsolo
Substitute

Icon 1 posted      Profile for razsolo   Author's Homepage   Email razsolo         Edit/Delete Post     
Sooo....which planet do we think it's gonna be?
Off the top of my head, if I HAD to choose a Legion homeworld to destroy, I would choose Braal. Other than the fact that it's Cos's homeworld, I don't think it really adds anything to the Legion mythos (unless they want to do the Braal/Imsk war, which might be interesting).

I think a lot of potential could be lost by losing a lot of the other worlds....Bgtzl, Titan, Naltor, Carggg, and so on; I think all of these have really interesting stories waiting to be told about their societies, their contributions to the UP and such...

The only problem I guess is that Cos has already lost his family and broken up with Lydda, does he really need any more tragedy?

Something that I noticed in Levitz's interview was his mention of a Legionnaire with ten whole fingers who SHOULDN'T have ten whole fingers....I guess this isn't really a spoiler because I noticed it in LO3W as well, but I assume he's talking about Shady? I am interested in knowing how her betrothal to Mon-El panned out; they seem to be still together..

Levitz always hated Tyroc, I wonder how he's gonna use him? I wonder how this new team dynamic is gonna work with two Durlans, Luournu's expanded powers, Chuck, Tenzil and Quislet back on the roster....interesting times to be a Legion fan I think! [Smile]

--------------------
Read the alternate adventures of the Legion after Legion of Three Worlds!
postlo3w

Registered: Nov 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sarcasm Kid
Bring Back Lian Harper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sarcasm Kid   Author's Homepage   Email Sarcasm Kid         Edit/Delete Post     
He needs to lose his powers.

--------------------
-
Bring Back Lian Harper

Join the movement

From: Bronx, NY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
superboymddjr
Quiet member

Icon 1 posted      Profile for superboymddjr   Email superboymddjr         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by MLLASH:
quote:
Originally posted by superboymddjr:
where are Matter Eater Lad, Bouncing Boy, and Duplicat Damsel?

Oh, gawd, NOOOOOOO!!!! Levitz, don't start this merde again!!!!

Meanwhile, the new artist is TITS.

PS/

Don't forget Drura!

oh....sorry....maybe I should have said "where's Sun Boy and Polar Boy?" instead. [Smile]
From: Hayward, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
Had to go there...
From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Doctor One
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Doctor One   Email Doctor One         Edit/Delete Post     
Here's a prediction: the destroyed planet will be Durla.

I'm extatic about the good news, too. Can't wait.

[ January 16, 2010, 01:11 PM: Message edited by: Doctor One ]

From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46
or you can do the confusion 'til your head falls off

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
[snip]

quote:
Originally posted by Doctor One:

[slaps forehead]

I hope not. [Frown]

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lil'rhino
I love everybody & you're next!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lil'rhino   Author's Homepage   Email lil'rhino         Edit/Delete Post     
JAMES SHERMAN!!!!!!!!!
From: elizabeth,nj | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sarcasm Kid
Bring Back Lian Harper

You're welcome.

--------------------
-
Bring Back Lian Harper

Join the movement

Blockade Boy
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blockade Boy   Email Blockade Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Doctor One:

reasoning?

quote:
Originally posted by cleome:
[waves at AFOB]

I honestly don't understand why SG's hair needs to be "explained." I see plenty of women IRL who wear their hair super-short. (It has nothing to do with, er, "prison camp." Women like it because it's low-maintenance and doesn't feel heavy and unwieldy, usually.)

Then why'd you go ahead an explain it?

Geez, one more mystery uncovered.

[Big Grin]

From: East Toledo | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 12 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  10  11  12   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.