Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » Legion in JLU Cartoon/Legion Series...Official Thread (Page 5)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 41 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  ...  39  40  41   
Author Topic: Legion in JLU Cartoon/Legion Series...Official Thread
Suddenly Seymour
Don't feed the plant!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Suddenly Seymour   Author's Homepage   Email Suddenly Seymour         Edit/Delete Post     
I talked to a Cartoon Network rep today about something else, but he remembered I'm a JLU fan and definitely confirmed the 2/11 date for the U.S. So, like Scott said, we're looking at 3/18 here for the LSH episode.

I watched it last night, though, and it's a doozy! It's a bummer that we don't get to see more of the Legionnaires in action, and only a couple of them have actual lines, but they do look good.

A Bruce Timm-style cartoon would be good, but the actual quality of the animation has been slowly but steadily declining since the third or fouth season of "Batman: TAS," and I'd want them to address that. (As an example, in this episode, Brainy puts his flight ring on his middle finger and closes his hand, and the ring moves to his ring finger.)

--------------------
Geek Watch

From: Standing beside you in Ferndale, MI | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bevis
Feeling nostalgic

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bevis   Email Bevis         Edit/Delete Post     
He he, we got it here in the UK this week along with Grudge Match and I recorded them both tonight (because we were food shopping).

Anyhoo, Grudge Match is very good (although I agree the quality fo the animation has dropped a lot) adn features a lot of the best JLU characters.

And then of there was the reason we're all here. And... it was pretty good.

No real spoilers here, pretty much everything has already been mentioned earlier in the thread, but be wary anyway...

It did feel like it should have been a two parter because apart from Brainy and Chuck no-one else really gets any screen time (Phantom Girl has a couple of lines but not much) and some characters like Timberwolf and Saturn Girl don't even get to show what their powers are let alone speak.

Interesting choice of Legionnaires in the episode. A complete mix of eras and versions and different costumes but I liked it for that. The Brainy/Supergirl interaction is a lot of fun and I really like Supergirl's new outfit. The Fatal Five look nice too, but again because there are five of them plus the whole 'travel to the future' story the only one that really gets any decent screen time is the Emerald Empress (and to a lesser extent The Persuader).

Two negatives though. Shady is there, looking great, but she attacks at one point and blasts out beams of shiny purple light from her hand. Huh? I didn't understand why that happened, but...

Also, can someone who has seen it spoil the very end for me? The video had some kind of hissy fit right at the end and so even though I can guess what happened it'd be nice to be sure. I saw right up to the bit with GL saying he already had a ring and then the video went off so i think I only mmissed a couple of minutes, but if someone can mail me off list or put a hidden spoiler here then I'd be muchly grateful, thanking you kindly. [Smile]

--------------------
Truth and Justice shall Prevail!
(Unless Tamper Lad Screws it up...)

From: Manchester, UK | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Bevis:
...but if someone can mail me off list or put a hidden spoiler here then I'd be muchly grateful, thanking you kindly. [Smile]

Take a look at Lightning Lad's post on page 4 of this thread (Far From Home pt 1 - 3 etc). Those links have images with a synopsis. There's a funny joke at the end after the team comes back from the future.
From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
knowjack
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for knowjack           Edit/Delete Post     
Cool! I am crossing my fingers that this is what the LSH cartoon will look like. I really hate the animated Teen Titans style.
I love how they sort of took the "best" costumes from different eras for the members. If only Sun Boy, Dream Girl and Dawnstar would have been in that episode!

From: Memphis, TN | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Faraway Lad
Senator of the UP. Permanent Ambassador to the Court of Saint James

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Faraway Lad   Email Faraway Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
I have seen it I have seen it. [Bouncing Boy]

Boy I really enjoyed this. Although the majority of the legion dont get to speak or do much apart from fight Kara, they look so damn cool doing it.

I really liked the love interest and the various little tips of the hat to legion lore.

I have it taped (all the way to the end Bevis [Razz] ) and only had one or two minor quibbles.

Click Here For A SpoilerFirstly Mano gets destructive powers in both hands, Secondly Validus is shown to be a robot. At the end Kara punches a whole in his chest and as he/it falls we see sparks and wires in the cavety. Finally as mentioned above Shadow Lass seems to get energy beams similar to those of wildfire and Lightning Lad

I liked for the most part the legionnaires costumes even though Imra Click Here For A Spoilerwears a short skirt rather than trousers and (on my tv at least) Brainy is more Blue than Green.

And towards the end we get to see the reason why only two Justice League go back. and this is one reason why a legion cartoon might just be on the cards.

--------------------
Faithfull

From: Newcastle upon Tyne England | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Faraway Lad
Senator of the UP. Permanent Ambassador to the Court of Saint James

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Faraway Lad   Email Faraway Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
PS.

BEVIS I sent you an e mail to your yahoo account with the ending.

--------------------
Faithfull

From: Newcastle upon Tyne England | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bevis
Feeling nostalgic

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bevis   Email Bevis         Edit/Delete Post     
Thanks Darden. Pretty much confirmed what I suspected, but it's nice to be sure.

You are right about Brainy being more blue though. Braniac (as in the robot) has always been a bit more blue on STAS and JLU so I guess they decided it wouldn't make sense for B5 not to be as well, but I would still have liked to have seen bright green Brainy.

--------------------
Truth and Justice shall Prevail!
(Unless Tamper Lad Screws it up...)

From: Manchester, UK | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reboot
Common sense is neither common, nor sense.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reboot   Author's Homepage   Email Reboot         Edit/Delete Post     
What happened to KQ1, Spark, Triad and Andromeda?

--------------------
My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War.

From: The Mainframe | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Not-So-Bad Lad
Secret Honorary Auxiliary Substitute Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Not-So-Bad Lad   Email Not-So-Bad Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Tenzil Kem
Condo Arlick
Andrew Nolan

Just one of these.

Please please please please....I just need one. All three would be like heaven, but I just need one...Oh sweet just Lord please...

--------------------
"I weighed the odds of this working versus the odds I was doing something incredibly stupid and, well, I did it anyway,"

- Crow T. Robot

From: The Evil Anti-Moon!!!! | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Okay, now that the JLU cartoon is in the history books, let us focus on the (hopefully soon-to-be) Legion series.

Shawn, the guy voicing Timber Wolf, has posted over at his blog that the first recording session takes place this coming Friday, February 10. He also says that before hand the actors and animators will get together for the first time. Maybe we'll have some more news by next weekend.

Shawn also mentions that he may have some trouble with his lines as it appears Brin spends most of the first script howling. [Timber Wolf]

From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arachne
Bookworm

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Arachne   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
[Eek!]

please tell me you're joking...

--------------------
arachne3003.deviantart.com
Current Obsession: Birds of Prey/Secret Six

From: Canada | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Hmm. Looks like Shawn removed the post from his blog. Bet he was asked to because he was talking about the show.

Wish I was kidding Arachne. Here is his post:

quote:
* I just finished reading the script for the episode in which my character is introduced on the Legion of Super Heroes. Why do I spend the first half of the episode growling and howling like a wild animal? From the script:

. Backlit by a FULL MOON, we see the outline of the BEAST. It lets loose a blood curdling howl!

Blood curdling howl?!!!!! Man, I don't know how to howl. I better go rent some movies with wolves and get to practicing their howls. Yikes.

From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yk
between boots

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yk   Email Yk         Edit/Delete Post     
(echo)
Wow.

That is SO cool! Thank you everybody for sharing as much as you have. I'm getting more and more excited about this, the spoliers only made me even more interested.

I noticed while reading the synopsis and looking at those marvelous stills that this IS the same Supergirl we've known for the last several years. She simply changed her costume..I was wondering how they'd make the transition from the old Supergirl to the new one in JLU. Simply done, new threads.

Incidentally, it looks to me like the only really obvious statues in the Hall of Heroes are two that we're very familiar with as statues (edit: I apologize for using the character names and I'm going to remove the spoiler)...and like Scotty, I refuse to speculate on the identity of the statue in the foreground...

[ February 11, 2006, 08:30 PM: Message edited by: Yellow Kid ]

From: Smallville Sector : Greater Metropolis | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Not-So-Bad Lad
Secret Honorary Auxiliary Substitute Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Not-So-Bad Lad   Email Not-So-Bad Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Andy Dead already!?!?! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [Frown] [Mad] [Gasp]

Poor FE never can catch a break. It's like he was destined to die!

...Oh wait.

--------------------
"I weighed the odds of this working versus the odds I was doing something incredibly stupid and, well, I did it anyway,"

- Crow T. Robot

From: The Evil Anti-Moon!!!! | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monkey Eater Lad
Gorilla Griller

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Monkey Eater Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
I saw it too! I love Chuck's power sound effect! Its just like a red rubber school ground kickball! I want a Chuck figure! I might see Bruce Timm at Wondercon next weekend - I wonder if I talk about the episode (since its not technically out here yet)?
From: Alameda, CA | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 41 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  ...  39  40  41   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.