Legion World
Topic Closed  Topic Closed

my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » LSH cover FACEOFF!!! (Page 49)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 136 pages: 1  2  3  ...  46  47  48  49  50  51  52  ...  134  135  136   
Author Topic: LSH cover FACEOFF!!!
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
TARIK THE MUTE'S ANDROID...! geez, that was drivin' me NUTS for a while there...

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

quote:
Originally posted by MLLASH:
Putting what I hope is a new, wacky spin on the original cover/reprint cover idea... (wish I hadn't sold off my DC DIGESTS on eBay...)

-

VS.

-

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
The Adventure cover.

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lone Wolf Legionnaire
Academy Cadet

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lone Wolf Legionnaire   Email Lone Wolf Legionnaire         Edit/Delete Post     
I'll vote with Blacula for the Digest,Just because I remember how happy I was when I picked this book up,and saw those 16 pages of new costumes by my favorite artist George Perez!

I was to young to pick up the original by Neal Adams when it came out.

I do own both of them now,but the first time I read the story it was in the digest.

--------------------
I tried to rip their soul out.I tried to make them forget Superman.
But they won't.

From: Kentucky | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for He Who Wanders   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
ADV. 372, for several reasons:

1. It was one of the first Adventure-era Legion comics I ever read. A friend actually gave it to me, and I still have it.

2. I remember re-drawing the cover, going over every detail of the broken glass. Doing so gave me a new respect for the detail in Adams' work and in comics art in general.

3. Even now, decades later, the cover is still fresh, dynamic, and powerful. Even the facial expressions and body language of the Legionnaires seem more naturalistic than on the digest cover. This naturalism only heightens the horror of what they are witnessing.

--------------------
The Semi-Great Gildersleeve - writing, super-heroes, and this 'n' that

From: The Stasis Zone | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
stuorstew
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for stuorstew   Email stuorstew         Edit/Delete Post     
I prefer the Digest to the original issue but the cover to 372 is by far the more dynamic of the two. So that one.
From: Dorset, England | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Power Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Power Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by MLLASH:

I too go with the Neal Adams ADVENTURE cover... it's kinda fun to imagine Superboy getting his ass shattered...

Superboy's 'crack-up' ! get it? crack up, get it?

bwahahaha

what if that really was the end of super boy haha

and gim really has to bend to make it in the cover haha.

From: Ninja Land | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dave Hackett
The Red Legionnaire

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dave Hackett           Edit/Delete Post     
I'll go with the digest, because that's the one I remember from my youth. Also, because it's a little wacky seeing the older story solicited on the cover with the then current costumes.

If only an issue fell through time from the Grell/Cockrum period into the Adventure realm: "Cos, what in the blue blazes are you wearing?!?!?!"

From: Moncton, New Brunswick, Canada | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Adventure - what a great cover!

BTW, I didn't vote on the last one, which was probably the hardest one yet! Still, I probably would have chosen WF.

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
Adv. 372! My second favorite fake-Superboy-gets-killed cover of the Adventure era!

(first is Nardo killing fake-Superboy on the cover of the first Super-Stalag issue!)

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
Adventure #372 for me.
From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lil'rhino
I love everybody & you're next!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lil'rhino   Author's Homepage   Email lil'rhino         Edit/Delete Post     
#372. Timber Wolf lookin' good!!
From: elizabeth,nj | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
brigort
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for brigort   Email brigort         Edit/Delete Post     
No contest..Adventure #372
From: PEI, Canada | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Yeeesh... don't think there's any way for the DIGEST to pull this one out with only 3 votes to 15 for ADV 372 so far.

Actually, looking back, this wasn't really quite fair... the cover to the DIGEST actually portrays the ALL-NEW story of the revenge of Tarik the Mute's Android inside, although it does indeed contain a reprint of ADV 372.

I'll try for a fairer Face-Off coming shortly...!

--------------------

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

3-WAY ULTRA BOY FAN-FAVE ARTISTS FACE-OFF!

You may pick only 1!

-

VS.

-

VS.

-

--------------------

This topic comprises 136 pages: 1  2  3  ...  46  47  48  49  50  51  52  ...  134  135  136   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.