Legion World
Topic Closed  Topic Closed

my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » LSH cover FACEOFF!!! (Page 41)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 136 pages: 1  2  3  ...  38  39  40  41  42  43  44  ...  134  135  136   
Author Topic: LSH cover FACEOFF!!!
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Both covers are definitely terrific, but I'll go with L* 54 because the cleverness goes beyond the image itself with the aging effect and "bottom of glass" drink stain on it. Very, very nice (and familar) effect for those of us who grew up reading funny books!

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Doctor One
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Doctor One   Email Doctor One         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Officer Taylor:
...with the aging effect and "bottom of glass" drink stain on it.

Wow. I can't believe I never noticed that. I am not very observant, am I?
From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
stuorstew
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for stuorstew   Email stuorstew         Edit/Delete Post     
Legionnaires #54 for me

I prefer Moy to Davis and that coffee stain is just charming

From: Dorset, England | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lil'rhino
I love everybody & you're next!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lil'rhino   Author's Homepage   Email lil'rhino         Edit/Delete Post     
Two truly awful covers!! Sorry, that's how I feel. Never liked Moy's art, and that's one of the worst of Davis'(mostly) brilliant cover run.
No vote.

From: elizabeth,nj | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Awful? Really? [Confused]

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
I actually like them both myself for their retro feel. I'd go with the "Gates Attacks" one, but its a tough call.
From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
I somewhat suspected if ANY cover had a possibility of taking down Alan Davis, it was LEGIONNAIRES 54.

I was right...

FINAL TALLY

LEGIONNAIRES 54 ...15 votes

LEGION o/SH 92 ...13 votes

(it was still quite close!)

Stay tuned for the next FACEOFF!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

ATTACK of the 50-foot GLORITH FACE-OFF!

-

VS.

-

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Mattropolis

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mattropolis   Author's Homepage   Email Mattropolis         Edit/Delete Post     
Ohhhhh. I love them both! But if I had to pick one, it would be the annual!

--------------------
Touch the magic...

From: Morganfield, KY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
This one's really hard.

#53 has super-babies and pretty colors.

The Annual has sexy-manipulative Glorith (rather than crazy-mad Glorith). However, the cover also symbolizes the massive retcon of the Conspiracy story, which is the kind of thing that I really hated about the 5YL. Of course, #53 is the lead in to Legion on the Run...

Aw crap. Even though I actually think the Annual is probably better, I'm voting for #53, just because Glorith looks like she's about to "Splorp!" someone!

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

This one is tough for me as well. LOVE that 53 has LSH babies on it and I like the weird background.

However: the annual has 2 major things that I love... the go-go checks and Laurel in her "Valor-Girl" costume.

ANNUAL.

--------------------

Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Power Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Power Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
annual for me too. i actually liked the story, and thought Ultra Boy got his due as a major legion character.
From: Ninja Land | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lil'rhino
I love everybody & you're next!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lil'rhino   Author's Homepage   Email lil'rhino         Edit/Delete Post     
I pick the annual because I want to pull Ultra Boy's strings too!!
From: elizabeth,nj | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
Because people mentioned it, I know now that the woman in the one-piece is Glorith. Obviously, she means nothing to me as a character, other than having read online that she had something to do with a bunch of contradictory retcons and alternate timelines or something.

Visually, the Annual is a better picture, I think. Ultra Boy front and center was a nice touch, since, when looking at a Legion cover, I like to see some recognizable Legionnaires on them.

She looks a little too crazy in the second picture, and the doll-Legionnaires are too small and formless to be interesting, leaving me focused on her boring Dream Girl knock-off costume and hair, and her crazy, crazy expression.

Looking at it again, the background on the second cover is also annoying, with all the psychedelic swirlies and the huge piles of creepy eyeballs, reinforcing my vote for the Annual!

Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Language Arts Dave
searching...

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Language Arts Dave   Email Language Arts Dave         Edit/Delete Post     
I'm going with sly Glorith on the Annual cover instead of crazy Glorith on the second one.

How does she not catch an earring on those MASSIVE shoulder spikes?

--------------------
All you need is Love (and a whole big bucket of Money).

From: Lost in the Ozone Again | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 136 pages: 1  2  3  ...  38  39  40  41  42  43  44  ...  134  135  136   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.