Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » Adventure Comics 522 w/Preview & Spoilers (Page 4)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Adventure Comics 522 w/Preview & Spoilers
duck458
Substitute

Icon 1 posted      Profile for duck458   Email duck458         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Iam Legion:
quote:
Add to the interest in Sun Killer (qu'est que nevermind) he hinted that he's Japanese without it being overpoweringly obvious.

Yes, because being drawn as a sumo-wrestler with a stylized Japanese flag across your chest and tacking 'San' onto the end of a name is soooo subtle as far as clues go.
exactly

--------------------
So what.

From: Harrisburg, PA | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gone
gone

Icon 1 posted      Profile for gone   Author's Homepage   Email gone         Edit/Delete Post     
[Big Grin]

--------------------
gone

From: gone | Registered: Jul 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jdpinball
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jdpinball   Email jdpinball         Edit/Delete Post     
Anyone else hoping that since Wildfire is floating around in his natural energy form we may see a new ERG suit?
From: EARTH | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
This was actually my favorite issue since LSH took over the ADVENTURE book. I am really surprised by that. The 1 dollar price drop may have helped.

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lil'rhino
I love everybody & you're next!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lil'rhino   Author's Homepage   Email lil'rhino         Edit/Delete Post     
No founders, no Brainy, no Earth Man!!
From: elizabeth,nj | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
That didn't hurt either I suppose! [Smile]

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46
or you can do the confusion 'til your head falls off

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
I enjoyed it, too, except for the oh-so-fugly cover.

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TiJulk MrAsz
Active Legionnaire

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TiJulk MrAsz   Email TiJulk MrAsz         Edit/Delete Post     
I thought that the anti-lead serum made Daxamites immune to red sun rays?

--------------------
Comradely,
Gates
LLL!

From: Vyrga | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blacula
Easy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blacula   Email Blacula         Edit/Delete Post     
Just read this issue - wasn't impressed. With the exception of one or two issues, Adventure Comics has been a disaster since the Legion took over. I wish the quality of Paul's stories here would markedly improve or else the team would just get dropped from the book already so I can save some money.

Sun Killer was a total snore. I'm all for more fatties and racial minorities in the Legion's universe but solar powers?!? Boring! (That exposed brain in his forehead grossed me out too.)

The flying baby (villain?) seemed kind of intriguing but is anyone else having a flashback to the Omen and Prophet storyline? Not a good Legion-era to be reminded of.

Bring on the Academy! Surely Chuck, Lu, Mysa, Blok, Lydda and co. can turn this book around!

From: Australia | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kid Quislet
Vote for Mighty Mog

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kid Quislet   Email Kid Quislet         Edit/Delete Post     
I thought the issue was ok. I enjoyed the artwork, but some of the story bothered me a little.

Didn't mind the introduction of a 'new' villain, although the Japanese look was cliché. Sun Killer sort of renders Sun Emperor redundant, however. The new look Mon-El GL still hasn't caught on with me. I wish another character had been chosen to join the Corps. The fight scene where Dyogene has to help defend Mon from the red sun rays, but then Mon knocks Killer out with a finger flick was all kind of goofy to me.

Prediction: The blue baby is most likely Krona, who will grow rapidy to full grown villain, similar to how baby Highfather was magically summoned and grew to fight Darkseid in GDS. Harmonia Li is directly linked to blue baby, and will help the Legion and GL Corp to fight it.

Nice seeing Gigi. I would like to see the original Shvaughn Erin as well, but I'm afraid her character Jumped the Shark back in 5YG, and Paul probably won't use her again.

Really looking forward to the Academy story.

--------------------
"My dance card was getting fuller than a contestant's at a Jandan shurg-off." - Exnihil, The Lost Klordny

From: Frederick, MD | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
EmeraldEmperor
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for EmeraldEmperor           Edit/Delete Post     
One thing about Sun Killer. In Japanese when refering to yourself, you would never put 'san' at the end of your name. That is only done when someone else is refering to you or addressing you as a term of respect.

I did live in Japan for 5 years - not fluent in Japanese, but that's one thing I do know.

From: Southern Oklahoma | Registered: Jan 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.