Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » Tales of the Unexpected (Limited Series) SPOILERS (Page 4)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Tales of the Unexpected (Limited Series) SPOILERS
Blacula
Easy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blacula   Email Blacula         Edit/Delete Post     
That would be *great* if so! I loved the old Forgotten Heroes team!

And it's weird to think that nearly every character who was on that team is now (or has fairly recently been) a majorly featured player in the DCU even though they were all completely obscure, long-unseen characters 25 years ago when the team first formed - Animal Man, Rip Hunter, Rick Flag, Dolphin, Cave Carson, Immortal Man and Dane Dorrance of the Sea Devils all had their profiles lifted after being on that team. Some even got their own series out of it!

I wonder if the same will happen with Infectious Lass and the rest on this team?

From: Australia | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mystery Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mystery Lad   Email Mystery Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
For some reason, I thought #6 was the last issue, despite that plainly visible 'of 8' on the cover. I'm sure glad it wasn't, because this installment had me scratching my head and going 'huh'? every other page.

I was *so* relieved when I finished it and glanced at the cover again. Just imagine if this had been the ending!

Not much Drura, sad to say.

"We don't love you." Uh-huh.

From: Knoxville, TN | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Outdoor Miner
Vote for Gates!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Outdoor Miner           Edit/Delete Post     
I believe it's just been announced that they will be collecting the backups in trade form after this mini ends.

I hope so. It deserves another shot at gaining an audience.

--------------------
Legion World's Badwill Ambassador

From: A Huge, Pulsating, Ever-Expanding Chicken Heart | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Caliente
Honoring the Primary Color Gang

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Caliente   Email Caliente         Edit/Delete Post     
Can I just say how incredibly amused I was by the interior shot off the metro car? The MU makes a cameo! [Big Grin] I caught sight of Logan, Matt Murdock and Peter Parker... and it absolutely made the issue for me. Well, that and the bits on the boat with the Cap'n hitting on Dura. That was so very amusing.

--------------------
Abin: You know what to do with a Cali sandwich? No but neither do Cobie and CJ!
CJ: Yeah, we do. She's smiling, isn't she?

Context... who needs it?

From: Sunny Cali-- er, Planet Earth? | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tamper Lad
With the Scarlett Faction

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tamper Lad   Email Tamper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
for me, It had to be scene where the "Gorillah with fahzhiits leanninks" gives one of his team mates some medical help.

"Thad iz pure Gol!"

From: Canada | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Caliente:
Well, that and the bits on the boat with the Cap'n hitting on Dura. That was so very amusing.

I *LOVED* that!!!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Everyone's still reading this, I trust?

Some # 7 chat follows.

Drura here is obviously pulled from pre-5-year gap; I'd wager from around her S/LSH # 218 appearance.

More and more this is looking like a setup for a new, fun EXILES-ish team.

Infectious Lass, Anthro, I Vampire ("I'm... I'm really gay!"), the Nazi (now vampire) gorilla (who IS that?), that Genius Jones kid, Dr. & Traci 13. That has to be the oddest lineup of established characters EVER.

I was really upset when the flirty foxy pirate guy got killed, that sucked! I noticed Dru donned his earrings.

Dru got in a couple of funny lines but I, Vampire looks like he'll be the unexpected comedian of the team!

"Joo god me LOB'SICK, baby!" ....*dreamy sigh followed by choking back tears of sadness*

This has been a ride! I'm gonna get the trade, though, so I don't have to deal with all these separate issues again.

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by MLLASH:
the Nazi (now vampire) gorilla (who IS that?)

Sorry!

I just realized I posted this info here and not here.

Anyway, my best guess is the Gorilla originates in WEIRD WAR TALES #89 (July 1980) -

-

From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Thriftshop Debutante
Terrifyingly On-Topic.

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Thriftshop Debutante           Edit/Delete Post     
Along with the earrings, Drura could try on the "Captain Fear" name. It's very appropriate.
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Kewl, thanks Gary!

Teeds, that might get her more dates than 'Infectious Lass', per I.V's suggestion...

--------------------

Thriftshop Debutante
Terrifyingly On-Topic.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Thriftshop Debutante           Edit/Delete Post     
Primate Platoon, eh?

Okay, I guess Lash isn't un architecte after all. But...

...will that SAVE the world...or DESTROY it???

Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
Hmm... why do I get the feeling that Weird War Tales must've been one of the coolest comics of all time?
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
Looks like I was mistaken about Kong.

I wonder why they had Anthro be blond?

From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BouncingBear
Substitute

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BouncingBear   Email BouncingBear         Edit/Delete Post     
Isn't anyone in Legionworld happy that Infectous Lass is going to be appearing on a regular basis in the new monthly "Team 13"? How come there are no comments of this last issue?????? I thought it was fun and a good read. So I ask again, where is all the excitment?
From: San Francisco | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
thor2168
Cute-Baby-Boy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for thor2168   Email thor2168         Edit/Delete Post     
I thought the ending was a little anti-climatic. What the hell was the story all about anyway? Idid enjoy the story until the end. I just hate no resolutions, or leave me guessing. That just left me scratching my head...It was very fun overall though...

--------------------
I just can't BLOK it out!

From: The land of toys and stinky diapers!!! | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.