Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » Before the Legion of Super-Heroes, there was the L.E.G.I.O.N. (Page 4)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Before the Legion of Super-Heroes, there was the L.E.G.I.O.N.
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Vee:
No need for permission Stealth. Post away. I might suggest giving some consideration to which of the forums (fora?) would be most appropriate for your thread. Perhaps Nightcrawler or Lightning Lad (our wonderful hosts.) or some other posters will chime in with their suggestions.

Here would be appropriate. And please go ahead and post away, Stealth.
From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fanfic Lady Fanfic Lady has just turned 48
Now my heart is full

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fanfic Lady   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Thank you. This is gonna be fun. I'll start the thread tomorrow morning.

--------------------
"I know it's gonna happen someday."

Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tamper Lad
With the Scarlett Faction

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tamper Lad   Email Tamper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by SiliconDream:
There's apparently been a massive and not-particularly-worthwhile retcon, though. L.E.G.I.O.N. now has armadas of starships and robot armies, and Vril's changed his look and attitude and is back in control. No sign of the Core Team other than an inexplicably aged Comet.

I'm not sure that the L.E.G.I.O.N. history was ret-conned away. In the Adam Strange Mini an Omega man asks Vril when and why he decided to switch to robot stormtroopers. No Policeman's Labour Union... of Space to deal with I guess.

Robots are dull compared to the other version, but I can see why it was done for RT War a series where everyone's complaining that they just keep introducing new characters that new readers have no clue about.

From: Canada | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ultra Jorge   Email Ultra Jorge         Edit/Delete Post     
Silicon Dream I agree. Just to make things less confusing they should have just changed the name to something else.

Now Vril Dox with an army of robots does sound interesting and I am glad they showed up. But rather have a different name. [Smile]

From: Tampa | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Candlelight   Email Candlelight         Edit/Delete Post     
I had the whole run but lost it with my LSH/Adventure etc. stolen lots of years ago now!

I'm so glad the new year brings a new L.E.G.I.O.N. series.
I loved those books, both for their own stories and for their connection to and enrichment of the LSHs.

Just having the Mallor's was a huge boon to me.
By the way, Lyrissa was killed by her forceably aged, power added baby daughter, Lydea.

[After reading Stealth's wonderful thread that recaps dotLEGION issues, I want to add that the aging WAS done by the Coluan tyrants as Pulsar Stargrave.]

There were actually a couple of story arcs involving Talok VIII that I loved.
One interesting thing we learned about Talokians is that they can't be cloned!
[Smile]

Lar Gand was part of the team for awhile, too (he's in one of the pictures on the first page of this thread.)

I disliked R.E.B.E.L.S. a little, but bought it anyway.

I suspect that Phase is still gone from dotLegion. Since she was joined with Tinya in Archies, it would just be too confusing to try to bring her back.
Although, there's no telling what will happen now with the current LHS being . . . whatever it's going to be, and dotLEGION starting up again.
I know that I loved having Tinya in dotLEGION, even if she didn't know who she was.

Captain Comet was such a sweetie.
And, well, I liked Lobo in this series. I even was lead to by some of his own books!
[Smile]

[ November 24, 2008, 05:03 PM: Message edited by: Candle ]

--------------------
'In the twinkling of an eye'
I'll be dancing in the sky!

Come, join me!

From: Salem, Oregon USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Korbal
The Lightning World

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Korbal   Email Korbal         Edit/Delete Post     
Ain't It Cool! posted an interview with Bedard on the upcoming series:
http://www.aintitcool.com/node/39734

Click Here For A SpoilerAlthough he would like to use most of the prior team, for now, only Strata will appear.

[Vril Dox]

--------------------
"I am the LEGION--you colossal Jerk!"--Garth Ranzz LEGION #63

Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chemical King
Back in continuity

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chemical King   Email Chemical King         Edit/Delete Post     
Currently rereading the old series from the beginning - it's really a fun read, nice characters, story developing smoothly. Did not make it farther than #18 the first time, meahwhile I managed to track down nearly the whole series - I'm excited to see how it will continue...
From: Bamberg, Germany | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.