Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » Legion in JLU Cartoon/Legion Series...Official Thread (Page 32)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 41 pages: 1  2  3  ...  29  30  31  32  33  34  35  ...  39  40  41   
Author Topic: Legion in JLU Cartoon/Legion Series...Official Thread
Tamper Lad
With the Scarlett Faction

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tamper Lad   Email Tamper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
I think it looks pretty good considering some of the cartoons on the tube these days.

I even understand what the heck Brainy is supposed to be now. A touchy feely Saturn Girl may be too much though. But Chuck rocks beyond all words.

Chuck >> All

From: Canada | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Matthew E
Suprmetrician

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Matthew E   Author's Homepage   Email Matthew E         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
the low expectations have plummeted even further.
quote:
Why? This is a Legion that had formed but still 'growing' up.[...]Let's watch it before we all condem it.
Which I believe can also be said about the current comic book.

--------------------
Legion Abstract

From: Ontario | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sketch Lad           Edit/Delete Post     
I really liked the descriptions of the characters!

In the first major reboot, Saturn Girl was always hugging or putting her arm around someone. I always thought that this made sense because something about having mental powers might make touching obsolete, yet she still yearned for that human contact...I dunno if that makes sense. I suppose that's where all this "hussy" talk about her could come in...

LOVE the way they want to depict Brainy. First of all, I too was a big fan of the way Coipel re-imagined him, giving him more character, visually, than we'd seen in all the previous 40ish years. Kinda lanky and messed up hair and sticking out ears. I liked it. I think this cartoon version is going to take some getting used to, but I'm already on my way.

I have NO trouble seeing Tinya as the spoiled girl working within a new class set. She's often come across that way in the books.

I like that this Super"man" is going to be young and inexperienced. That keeps him fitting in instead of being this god-like-inspiration-to-all type. Maybe in the scene we were shown, he was under some kind of mind control, and LL had to help him figure out what to do?

Sounds like LL and Chuck will have the personalities we all hope for.

This James Tucker sounds like he knows his stuff and is a fan. I feel good about it all and can't wait!

Have I mentioned that I'll be an AR collector, so please LWers, don't let me miss anything! I give a BIG thank you to those who have posted and pointed out info and graphics related to the new series.

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tromium
Decrystallized

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tromium           Edit/Delete Post     
I love the mix of personalities they chose and while some of my favorites (Element Lad, Star Boy) haven't even been mentioned for possible cameos yet, I can understand why other prominent Legionnaires like Cosmic Boy (because of his Superboyish looks and boy-scout personality) and Ultra Boy and Mon-El (because of their powers) didn't make it into the main cast.

And yes, Chuck RULES 4ever! I hope his action figure bounces. [Bouncing Boy]

From: Reimagined Trom | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
Matt Wayne Interview at CC
From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Klordny
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Klordny   Author's Homepage   Email Klordny         Edit/Delete Post     
More show stuff from the con:
1. Mattel will be making figures based on the new show (the articles I've read didn't say anything about the JLU Legion).
2. The group that did the music for the JLU and Titans shows are doing the music for the Legion show.
3. The Warner Bros. booth has a free trading card with the picture similar to the one we saw at the Licensing Show (with the orange background).

Still waiting to hear back from friends who went to the Timm/Legion panel.

Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kent Shakespeare           Edit/Delete Post     
just got back from it. sorry if there' repetition of past items; I'm not about to reread everything before posting.

13 episodes, including a two-part finale based upon a classic LSH story; probably a Silver age story. Miner's betting on the death of Lightning Lad.

They're starting with a heavy Silver focus, but have picked and chosen from various eras. Various creators claim to be staunch longtime LSH fans. Someone (Battista?) said, having worked on LSH for a year and helped reintro Superboy, he really praised the new cartoon.

It's young, inexperienced Superman, not Superboy, even tho the sole promo card still lists Superboy. They skirted talk about the Siegel lawsuit, so that's the most likely reason.

First season will feature several Fatal 5 stories; they avoided specifics on others.

They showed two videos; one, Kal is being knocked about by the Emerald Empress. Garth, intead of blasting EE himself, instead spends his efforts trying to coach Supes how to use his super-breath.

The theme they say they're going for is that Supes brings the spirit/innate paragonism to the LSH, LSH brings the experience and know-how to young Kal.

Brainy seems to be a machine - with a stretchble neck, and presumably other limbs.

Garth has a lighning-shaped scar/tatoo/whatever around his eye; it turns white when he's using his powers.

From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monkey Eater Lad
Gorilla Griller

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Monkey Eater Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Aloha from con. got soooo many tidbits but i don't have room for them here. met most of the voice actors, took photos (hopefully because my camera might be broken) of all of them present. morsels for now: Matter-Eater Lad. Familial Ranzz. Cosmic boy for 3 episode arc at the end. Triplicate Girl's voiced by Saturn Girl's voice actor.
From: Alameda, CA | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Klordny
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Klordny   Author's Homepage   Email Klordny         Edit/Delete Post     
Tenzil, huh? Muy interesante. We already knew that Mekt was going to be in there somewhere, is that Ayla too? Wil Wheaton had mentioned three episodes for Cosmic Boy, but he didn't say they were an arc. Hurry up and get home so you can give us a full update! [Smile]
Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
Ok. With only one naysayer (sorry APB), I think most people want a new forum for this cartoon series.

But, what do we name it to set it apart from this forum? (And after the push from the Comic-Con, I think it shouldn't encompass all animation. Just this show and it's related merchandise and comic.)

From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tekwych
Magikal Mystikal Wych!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tekwych   Author's Homepage   Email Tekwych         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
what do we name it to set it apart from this forum? (And after the push from the Comic-Con, I think it shouldn't encompass all animation. Just this show and it's related merchandise and comic.) [/QB]
If it's just LSH name it LSH Animated. I agree that it should be a 4th forum under the 'LEGION CLUBHOUSE' heading.

--------------------
I take pride in my mental instability.
Go! Figure

From: New Mexico | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Well, the number is set to "11" unless I do a resuffle (which after the last time I tried it, I vowed never to do again). And so, if it goes in this category (which I agree it should), it'll appear below Visionnaires on the main board page.

Also, I'm open for any suggestions for the introduction, like the "From 1958 to NOW, Legion Fandom has discussed, complained, created, and inspired the wonders of DC Comics' 30th & 31st Centuries. Here's your chance to join in on the fun!"

Nightcrawler
Founder

[Saturn Girl - Animated]
Awkward Pause Boy
Candidate

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Awkward Pause Boy   Email Awkward Pause Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
How about Legion of Saturday Morning Super-Heroes.
From: Portland, Oregon | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rtvu2
here we go again....

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rtvu2   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Awkward Pause Boy:
How about Legion of Saturday Morning Super-Heroes.

I sorta like that!

[Saturn Girl - Animated] -cool G!

From: Texas | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 41 pages: 1  2  3  ...  29  30  31  32  33  34  35  ...  39  40  41   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.