Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » Adventure Comics 522 w/Preview & Spoilers (Page 3)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Adventure Comics 522 w/Preview & Spoilers
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Power Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Power Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by duck458:
I'm old. The first thing I thought of when I saw Sun Killer was "Qu'est que c'est?". Now I can't get it out of my head.

'Psycho Killer Qu'est que c'est uhn uhn uhn uhn uhn uhn uhn

.. better run run run run run run awayyyyyy oh oh oh ohhhh yeah yeah yeaahhhh '

je pense.

From: Ninja Land | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
The hints of backstory involving Sun Killer, that he destroyed a dying star to gain his powers, and has done it again to power up for freeing Saturn Queen, is, in just a few panels, far, far more interesting than anything I've ever read about Sun Emperor's past.

So, bonus points for that.

It's no, 'Alas, poor Thora, I knew her.' but still, an interesting introduction to a new character.

I like that 'Sun Killer' doesn't just mean 'a killer, with sun powers,' but that he actually *kills suns.*

Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Klar Ken T5477
The Future Superman of 2965

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Klar Ken T5477   Email Klar Ken T5477         Edit/Delete Post     
So how soon before we see Sun Killer, Sun Emperor, Dr. Regulus, and Pulsar Stargrave vs. Sun Boy, Inferno, Fire Lad and Quanto?

--------------------
"So different from the Original Superman of Krypton!"

Registered: May 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Candlelight   Email Candlelight         Edit/Delete Post     
I wonder at what stage he finishes them off?
Giant red, nova, quasar, black hole?

He didn't seem all that bright, to me.
(ha-ha)
So, is it a natural ability or an aquired one or a scientific thingy?

That's a lot of energy.
Does he have to renew his powers on a regular basis or does a sun last him a long time?

Yes, he's kind of interesting.

--------------------
'In the twinkling of an eye'
I'll be dancing in the sky!

Come, join me!

From: Salem, Oregon USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
I wonder if he could have any connection to a Sun-Eater?
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46
or you can do the confusion 'til your head falls off

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Eryk Davis Ester:
Crap, you're right! I'll try to be more sensitive to gender differences when applying stereotypes in the future! [Wink]

That's my boy! [Big Grin]

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
duck458
Substitute

Icon 1 posted      Profile for duck458   Email duck458         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Set:
The hints of backstory involving Sun Killer, that he destroyed a dying star to gain his powers, and has done it again to power up for freeing Saturn Queen, is, in just a few panels, far, far more interesting than anything I've ever read about Sun Emperor's past.

So, bonus points for that.

It's no, 'Alas, poor Thora, I knew her.' but still, an interesting introduction to a new character.

Add to the interest in Sun Killer (qu'est que nevermind) he hinted that he's Japanese without it being overpoweringly obvious.

--------------------
So what.

From: Harrisburg, PA | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dartalon
Candidate

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dartalon   Email Dartalon         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Tom Tanner:
So how soon before we see Sun Killer, Sun Emperor, Dr. Regulus, and Pulsar Stargrave vs. Sun Boy, Inferno, Fire Lad and Quanto?

You also have Beauty Blaze and Sun Girl from the Titans who is from the future and somehow connected to Sun Boy.
Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
Not to mention Flare from the Fatal Five.
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jimgallagher
www.dodeka12.com

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jimgallagher           Edit/Delete Post     
He looks like a sumo wrestler. Maybe he wrestled the sun to death.

--------------------
Buy my new graphic novel!
http://www.dodeka12.com

From: Champaign, IL | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Candlelight   Email Candlelight         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Eryk Davis Ester:
I wonder if he could have any connection to a Sun-Eater?

Eoooo, good question!
quote:
Originally posted by Dartalon:
You also have Beauty Blaze and Sun Girl from the Titans who is from the future and somehow connected to Sun Boy.[/QB]

I didn't know that, since I'm not following Titans anymore!
Geez.
Great info!

quote:
Originally posted by jimgallagher:
He looks like a sumo wrestler. Maybe he wrestled the sun to death.

Very funny!
[Yes]

--------------------
'In the twinkling of an eye'
I'll be dancing in the sky!

Come, join me!

From: Salem, Oregon USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
It would be kinda neat if he was originally a tiny little twig of a person, until he eated a sun and swelled up a bit...

He's got a fire in his belly!

Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jimgallagher
www.dodeka12.com

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jimgallagher           Edit/Delete Post     
Or maybe Bouncing Boy is turning Japanese-uh, turning Japanese I really think so.

Not to mention radioactive or whatever . . .

--------------------
Buy my new graphic novel!
http://www.dodeka12.com

From: Champaign, IL | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gone
gone

Icon 1 posted      Profile for gone   Author's Homepage   Email gone         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Add to the interest in Sun Killer (qu'est que nevermind) he hinted that he's Japanese without it being overpoweringly obvious.

Yes, because being drawn as a sumo-wrestler with a stylized Japanese flag across your chest and tacking 'San' onto the end of a name is soooo subtle as far as clues go.

--------------------
gone

From: gone | Registered: Jul 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
future king
Excuse me but can you please direct me to the La Brea Tar Pits in Los Angeles?

Icon 1 posted      Profile for future king   Email future king         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Iam Legion:
quote:

Yes, because being drawn as a sumo-wrestler with a stylized Japanese flag across your chest and tacking 'San' onto the end of a name is soooo subtle as far as clues go.
LOL [LOL]
Ah-so!

From: ontario | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.