Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » Legion of Super-Heroes #5 (Preview & Spoilers) (Page 3)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 10 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  8  9  10   
Author Topic: Legion of Super-Heroes #5 (Preview & Spoilers)
googoomuck
Honorary

Icon 1 posted      Profile for googoomuck   Author's Homepage   Email googoomuck         Edit/Delete Post     
It looks like the Earth Force Trooper on the right is the only one with a clip in his weapon.

--------------------
Play Stratego online at http://www.metaforge.net/webstratego/

From: Minneapolis Minnesota | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
Looks like there is a preview! I thought I saw one.

This has been a busy day at work. I can't wait to go home and read this.

From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Power Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Power Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
boo hiss boo hiss.

my very sophisticated review of number 5.

From: Ninja Land | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Tim Drake
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sir Tim Drake   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Tim Drake         Edit/Delete Post     
What happened in the issue? Spoilers plz!

--------------------
Aaron Kashtan/Sir Tim Drake

From: Providence, RI | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Superboy-Supergirl
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Superboy-Supergirl   Email Superboy-Supergirl         Edit/Delete Post     
Click Here For A SpoilerThe Big thiing...the durlans killed Chief Zendax (im mad at paul for this...but maybe its too soon maybe hopefully he'll be alive after this arc. the 2nd thing is there is some mystery with Harmonia lee she's older than she looks ...LOL

also for the main spoiler all i'm gonna say is ...i was right i was right ...i was the first to say it i was right yahooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!

--------------------
Bring back the super-cousins

From: nyc | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Power Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Power Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
I thought the Click Here For A SpoilerZendek murder seemed to solidify this as it's own continuity ... yet another 'boot. which i say again should be titled 'Earth Man and the Legion of Super Heroes'.

maniacs that topple civilization only need 5 issues to be redeemed.

Click Here For A Spoilerand bed the blue female on the team.

From: Ninja Land | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
I can't say I'm happy with either the death or the bedding.

I was hoping Paul would get over his Earth-Man obsession and move on to a more deserving of face-time Legionnaire like Matter-Eater Lad or Night Girl.

From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sarcasm Kid
Bring Back Lian Harper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sarcasm Kid   Author's Homepage   Email Sarcasm Kid         Edit/Delete Post     
So nothing happened with the kids.

--------------------
I want to be hated by lies
-
Bring Back Lian Harper

Join the movement
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=373120795632&ref=mf

From: Bronx, NY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ken Arromdee
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ken Arromdee   Email Ken Arromdee         Edit/Delete Post     
Something is definitely up with Harmonia Li. Someone who talks the way she did is hiding something. And she knows other immortals that she can compare the Guardians to? I've been trying to think of who she can be, but the best I can come up with is Talia Al Ghul (remember Ras was a reboot villain) or maybe the new Emerald Empress. This also raises the possibility that the "accident" that destroyed Titan was Li deliberately starting something.
Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jerry
active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jerry   Email Jerry         Edit/Delete Post     
Awesome issue. Levitz, Cinar and Portela are starting to click with me. We're getting glimpses of characterization for more members. It was nice to see Jeckie taking a leadership role during the opening battle. It was nice to see Gim refer to her as Jeckie after she was taken out. Brainiac 5 was less grating. Chameleon Boy showed some real personality.

Yes, the death scene was a bit disappointing. It was pretty dramatic, though, and there is some suspense now that the victim's identity has been stolen.

The mystery with Harmonia Li deepens. Is Earth Man's transformation legit? I'm even getting interested in the, "Who will be the Green Lantern?' subplot.

I liked the way the bedroom reveal was handled. Tinya phasing into her friend's room unannounced to retrieve the medikit seemed very natural. Earth Man all beefy, buff, and hairy chested... I can deal with that.

Major thumbs up for the art team this issue. The action scenes were especially well done.

Next month: Special guest artist Phil Jimenez! That's the way to end an issue on an exciting note.

--------------------
No regrets, Coyote.

From: Missouri | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Superboy-Supergirl
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Superboy-Supergirl   Email Superboy-Supergirl         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
I was hoping Paul would get over his Earth-Man obsession and move on to a more deserving of face-time Legionnaire like Matter-Eater Lad or Night Girl.
why would he be over him in just 5 issues of the reintroduction of this legion in their own book again?

And i suspect Earth Man's turn around with what Brainy did to his ring.

[ September 23, 2010, 09:41 AM: Message edited by: Superboy-Supergirl ]

--------------------

From: nyc | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Candlelight   Email Candlelight         Edit/Delete Post     
No.
You think he couldn't have changed his demented mind for a chance with Shady?
What a farce.
He's a crazy man.
One minute he's torturing Dirk, the next he's sorry for his mistake.

All I can say is that he'd better be lying or maybe PAUL's the nut job.
sigh

And there's Tinya being all sex policey.
geez

Not to mention Li being an immortal, probably one of the female Guardians, given her opinion of them.
If she's not the Emerald Empress, or one of them, since we saw two Eyes in this continuity, I don't know what powers she has, but I bet she HAS some.

And good guess on the Time Institute not being an accident, Ken!
THAT'S a mystery I can get into.
The EM stuff is just ugh!
I'm not crazy about the Durlan plot either but I'll give it a chance.

I'm with Tinya all the way on the EM/Shady subject!

--------------------
'In the twinkling of an eye'
I'll be dancing in the sky!

Come, join me!

From: Salem, Oregon USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
future king
Excuse me but can you please direct me to the La Brea Tar Pits in Los Angeles?

Icon 1 posted      Profile for future king   Email future king         Edit/Delete Post     
Well this issue sure was a surprise, for a lot or reasons. It was a mixed bag of good and bad, for me at least.

I still think Earth Man's inclusion in the Legion is a huge mistake. Not only did we have the message that it's ok to be a narrow-minded racist in the 31st century, because you'll make it into the Legion anyway (how contradictory by the way), but now that selfish, low-brow xenophobic attitude is sexy enough to attract a Legion veteran (an off-worlder herself) and get her into bed with you.
Nice message there Paul!
I'm not the least bit impressed. The hand-to-mouth shock value was, in no specific order: predictable, lame and cheap. I do not care for this particular subplot nor the players involved, specifically Earth Man. And now Shady, if that's who it actually was in bed with him. There is no way to redeem her as a serious character after this, in my opinion. Her merits as a role model, hero, alien, and woman are down the drain after this huge lapse of judgement. She just slept with everything she's supposed to stand against.
She left the company of a noble man like Monel for that??? There is NO WAY this is the real Tasmia Mallor. It has to be somebody else ... otherwise Shadow Lass is dead to me as a hero. I just will never take her seriously after this.

* Ummm ... of course I will eat humble pie it that wasn't in fact Tasmia at all and turns out to be an illusion or something! *
[Big Grin]

From: ontario | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Superboy-Supergirl
Active

quote:
I still think Earth Man's inclusion in the Legion is a huge mistake. Not only did we have the message that it's ok to be a narrow-minded racist in the 31st century, because you'll make it into the Legion anyway (how contradictory by the way), but now that selfish, low-brow xenophobic attitude is sexy enough to attract a Legion veteran (an off-worlder herself) and get her into bed with you. Nice message there Paul!

Have we lost our faith in Paul and our legionnaires?

1) Haven't we had people who don't belong in the legion as members? The message isn't it's ok to be a narrow-minded racist in the 31st century, because you'll make it into the Legion anyway instead maybe the message is even a hardcore bigot can learn to change his mind while the legion themselves models the best of the U.P. by getting along with each other and that has an effect on making a change. Have we forgotten Reboot Andromeda?

2)How do we not know that Paul/Shady is doing something that is beyond what we know with our eyes. We don't have all the facts yet and given how long some of us have been with the Legion and admired Paul why are we so ready to give them up when they do stuff that appears contridictory to what we know about them without letting them & the story play itself out.

I have faith in Shady. I also have faith in Imra and not ready to just toss em out just cause something appears to turn them into something that they weren't before. Give Shady/Paul a bit of credit based on what you know of them.

--------------------

Mediocre Boy
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mediocre Boy   Email Mediocre Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Here's a thought: could "Shady" be Yera or Jekkie trying to get close to Earth Man in an attempt to figure him out?

--------------------
Yeah, yeah, yeah. Okay, so the meek[s] shall inherit inherit the Earth, but what about the geeks? I still want Baffin Island--polar bears and all! :)

From: Brampton, Canada | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 10 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  8  9  10   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.